• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As of February 2024, Stardew Valley has sold over 30 million copies across all platforms, with over 19 million copies sold on PC alone

SDV-752x430-bb62.jpg

Stardew Valley was created by game designer Eric Barone, under the alias of ConcernedApe. During the four years he spent solo-developing it, he taught himself the necessary skills to produce the game’s music, art, programming, and design. The game was released on PC on February 26, 2016, and within two months passed 1 million copies sold. Within a few months the game expanded support to Mac and Linux, it released on Xbox One and Playstation 4 in December 2016, Nintendo Switch in late 2017, and iOS in October 2018. There have been five major post release updates – the first which added new farm maps, marriage options, and content, the second expanded supported languages to include German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese. The third update (in late 2018) added Multiplayer functionality, with network code done by (then) Chucklefish programmer Tom Coxon. Starting with the 4th update, Eric formed a small team to help him update the game. The fourth and fifth updates added significant amounts of new content to the game. As of February 2024, Stardew Valley has sold over 30 million copies across all platforms, with over 19 million copies sold on PC alone.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I enjoyed my time with Stardew Valley more than I thought I would. It's such a charming game.

Vandole

It's a low priced game, that took a proven but underused gameplay system, polished it up, and supplied tons of new content since it's release. It deserves all the success its received.

Comandr

Absolutely over the moon for Eric Barone. The game is an achievement not many could accomplish. My only dream scenario at this point would be to either

1) have official unified mod support across all platforms
2) work with the creators of Stardew valley expanded to integrate that content into the base game. SVE is beyond amazing and deserves to be enjoyed by everyone.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Best game in the last 10 years imo. Still getting patches and content, highly replayable, relaxing yet stressful enough to feel like you don’t quite enough time.

Wish more games were like this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom