• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Shadows Release November 15, 2024

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
lol

GNoej9zbMAAtpLS

Fake. Fake. Fake.

XvukkRE.jpeg

Last edited:
Companies push this narattive where they want evryone but the race the game is about lol diversity propaganda basicly
Japanese AC fans in shambles. “Finally, it’s our turn to be represented……oh…..oh-_-“
This is what I find most amusing. Been funny reading one of my discords I'm in where half the people are Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Viet, etc.). One in particular who loves the AC games, has been waiting for his representation to be in an AC game for a good 10 years and... Ubisoft said nope, not today.
Naoe is Japanese. Everyone else in the game aside from Yasuke, is Japanese.

Last edited:

Von Hugh

Ubisoft's management must be jizzing in their pants because Shogun, the tv series, just was a sounding success. Free revenue from that alone even though the game itself would suck.

Stafford

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I have zero interest in this game but to be fair there is also female ninja in Sekiro.
E676D92FD0EEB24F264CE0881F490940E7E020B6

Not everything is about being “woke”. But it’s Ubisoft and I know how this game is gonna be like and I have no interest in it.

Majormaxxx

Of course it has nothing to do with shoving political ideology down our throat. The "legendary African samurai" is so representative of the historical period, as is the female shinobi. I wonder why Akira Kurosawa didn't do it before.
I agree with you. Just pointing out that at least they have like 1% justification for the character.

Gaelyon

Extract from the IGN preview :

"For the most part, stealth or combat will be your choice. Each character has a number of personal quests in which they are compulsory to play as, but beyond that you can freely choose who you control. This goes as far as being able to switch characters between objectives. “That's the beauty,” says producer Karl Onnée. “Because during a quest there are several steps and you're going to go from one place to another, you want to have this autonomy and agency to choose how you want to play the setup.”

So each character has its own story but beside that you can choose which one to play at will.

Majormaxxx

Even though I bought AC Origins and Oddysey I barely played them. I did play Valhalla and dropped it after a few hours since it felt it wasn't going anywhere. So the reason I am excited about Shadows is because they are finally going to Japan.

Hopefully gameplay wise it's great too.
I legit enjoyed Origin. Good times!

Extract from the IGN preview :

"For the most part, stealth or combat will be your choice. Each character has a number of personal quests in which they are compulsory to play as, but beyond that you can freely choose who you control. This goes as far as being able to switch characters between objectives. “That's the beauty,” says producer Karl Onnée. “Because during a quest there are several steps and you're going to go from one place to another, you want to have this autonomy and agency to choose how you want to play the setup.”

So each character has its own story but beside that you can choose which one to play at will.
Ah so one campaign, switchable characters GTA V-style. Shame they couldn't figure out a dual campaign option but maybe this is a good thing so that the length of the game isn't too big.

He should be a retainer then.
Ah, the proud Japanese history of female ninjas. How could I forget.
I don't know why Ubisoft is being held to such extremely high standards when it comes to 100% accurate depictions of characters from other time periods or countries. We had Leonardo Da Vinci building us assassination tools in AC2 and most of us didn't care. We teamed up with George Washington in AC3 as a native american who learned the ways of the assassin and it was ridiculous, but we played it anyway.

...So we're drawing the line at Yasuke wielding a sword? And a female ninja simpatico simpatico ?

Last edited:

Strategize

I don't know why Ubisoft is being held to such extremely high standards when it comes to 100% accurate depictions of characters from other time periods or countries. We had Leonardo Da Vinci building us assassination tools in AC2 and most of us didn't care. We teamed up with George Washington in AC3 as a native american who learned the ways of the assassin and it was ridiculous, but we played it anyway.

...So we're drawing the line at Yasuke wielding a sword?
You know why...

Majormaxxx

I think we are allowed to comment on the noticeable agenda driven deliberate changes, no?

I'm excited to play the game. Not at full price though.

Darsxx82

It's a rare feeling to have a special interest in a new Assassins Creed after so many years. Everything sounds interesting while waiting for the gameplay.

PS. WOOOWW the game has been created by 15 Studios !! . And then we say COD:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

GNoeypmWAAMvzbW

FUBARx89

q8cw0Bd.jpeg

Amazing. An extra 20 quid over the "gold" edition for some skill points, most likely worthless gear and a photo mode filter.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Better than Rise of Ronin. Day 1.

Based on CGI trailer?

Story concept and characters. Watched the chracter trailer and they nailed what I want: relatable heroes.

I have to ask, why do you feel the protagonists in this game are relatable in this game, in a way the protagonist in Rise of the Ronin is not? What is it about the Rise of the Ronin protagonist that you didn't find relatable?

Stafford

In that Twitter write up I didn't see anything about gore. I remember a rumor recently about decapitations and plenty of gore overall.

iorek21

It has been 10 years and they still haven't beat Unity in overall visual quality.

Well, Rocksteady also failed to top Arkham Knight, but it's still disappointing.

I think we are allowed to comment on the noticeable agenda driven deliberate changes, no?
I think if Ubisoft introduced Yasuke and this game merely 5 years ago no one would care or think of agendas. Ubisoft’s gameplay ideas and attempts to be ‘different’ have been the same since AC Odyssey/AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs 2/Legion, and Far Cry 5/6.

Suddenly people think they have changed. I don’t know if those same people were actually paying attention.

Senhua

Learn to think more critically, why this game is different to the others in terms of protagonist race to their settings in game.

Fbh

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

"Assassins Creed in Japan" as a concept might have been exciting enough to justify only having a CG trailer....4 years ago before we got Ghost of Tsushima.

With no gameplay I can only assume it will be as bland and boring as all recent AC games: Boring combat with level scaling that kills any sense of progression, terrible enemy variety, boring exploration and traversal, lots of bloat and repetition and some of the worst writing in AAA gaming.

Last edited:

Oberstein

The scene in which Yasuke strikes with some kind of sledgehammer... it's such nonsense. The opposite of a samurai. Well, someone's going to tell me he's not really one, but I find it so phony. And the new edge music behind it. Does Ubisoft have no shame?

Senhua

The other protagonist is Japanese. Also, Stop focusing so much on race.
Ah yeah so why the male cannot Japanese? I focused so much about race because I don't want to play with a man being a slave and count jester in Nobunaga faction. There are so much much more interesting could be made.
Stop focusing so much on race
And you need to stop focusing so much to blindly defend megacorp.

Top Bottom