• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed unity Patch 4 On Hold (Paris map being "refurbished")

rBose

Banned
I was playing it last night and compared to that its very noticeable difference
That's what I meant, and I think it's uncapped
I'm at the guillotine area, pop ups are still here though.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding man, it's great to know that it runs slightly better.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I am sorry for the misunderstanding man, it's great to know that it runs slightly better.
I should have been more clear, I had fight and just saw Arno wipe them out in seconds and was like "WTF was that" lol
And I was literally speeding through the crowds at the guillotine instead of....well you know what it was like, so got a bit excited lol
Still think something different graphically about it though, perhaps they toned down the AA.

Edit, the floor at your hideout isn't flickering anymore...But it night at the moment so...

I hope digital foundry release another analysis of this game with this new patch. Should put most rumors and speculations to rest.

Loakum

Banned
6.5gb big. Christ.

B4_3BrjCYAA-6FH.jpg:large

16 hours....good lawd.

Now they just need to get the PS4 1080p patch out and this will be on my radar again.

I wouldn't hold my breath... That doesn't seem to be on their roadmap for patches.

I'm pretty sure they're concentrating more on improving the performance of the game than winning listwars.

DMAmul

Neo Member
I wouldn't hold my breath... That doesn't seem to be on their roadmap for patches.

I'm pretty sure they're concentrating more on improving the performance of the game than winning listwars.

If I remember correctly, I thought Ubi said something about how this was going to be the last major patch..so I'm not sure if performance will improve beyond this.

Now they just need to get the PS4 1080p patch out and this will be on my radar again.

It's not going to happen...What makes you think a game that JUST got to somewhat steady framerate after a month is going to be able to keep that framerate at 30 fps?

how many damn times are people going to keep clamoring for this?

-GJ-

Uploaded some footage of Arno running though a pretty big crowd post-patch. There are still some hickups, but it's way more smooth than how it was pre-patch. I've been playing a lot for the last couple days and I immediately noticed how smooth it was after applying the patch.

http://youtu.be/tWMUlrOvM8Y

The video might still be processing on YouTube, so wait a couple minutes if HD quality isnt available yet.

lol at the collisions with the AI

Yeah Arno is still clipping through most of them, haha. They didn't really fix that, sadly.

Still glitchy as hell. Look at 0:36 how on the left a row of people slide along the wall like robots, then the assassin gets over the barrier and there's a guy with his arm stretched like a zombie, but as soon you get very close the animation resets to a different state.

It's not just pop-in and collision, it's the whole animation system that glitches constantly. It completely breaks the believability that these crows are supposed to add.

rBose

Banned
Still glitchy as hell. Look at 0:36 how on the left a row of people slide along the wall like robots, then the assassin gets over the barrier and there's a guy with his arm stretched like a zombie, but as soon you get very close the animation resets to a different state.

It's not just pop-in and collision, it's the whole animation system that glitches constantly. It completely breaks the believability that these crows are supposed to add.

D0F154E595A2B1DA9A9F065C5EE371DF90306EA3

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
OMG lol, standing in a middle of a crowd and a women has got stubble lol, her face keeps glitching from women to man lol.

It's not going to happen...What makes you think a game that JUST got to somewhat steady framerate after a month is going to be able to keep that framerate at 30 fps?

how many damn times are people going to keep clamoring for this?

People who realize that a CPU limited game isn't going to see much if any of a hit from a resolution bump like that.

Kezen

Banned
Do Nvidia users have Tesselation yet???

I'm tired of looking at those boring flat roofs :|

Not yet. Coming later. Not exclusive to Nvidia GPUs by the way.
My 970 will be overjoyed, if it lives up to promo shots tessellation will have a very significant impact on the look of the game on PC.
http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/assassins-creed-unity/assassins-creed-unity-nvidia-advanced-tessellation-comparison-1.html

A post-release update will introduce gamers to our GeometryWorks DirectX 11 Advanced Tessellation technology, which enables developers to quickly and easily generate tessellation displacement maps from pre-existing assets, and to efficiently integrate tessellation rendering into their engines with minimal work. Furthermore, our tessellation tech comes pre-packaged with adaptive tessellation factor calculation and frustum culling, making widescale usage a reality in open-world games like Unity.

In Unity, GeometryWorks is being used to add tessellation to roof shingles, roof tiles, cobblestones, brick roads and paths, archways, statues, architecture, and much, much more. And because this tessellation is real geometric detail, as opposed to simulated detail from bump mapping or normal mapping, tessellated detail in Unity is accurately shadowed by NVIDIA HBAO+ and NVIDIA PCSS, significantly improving image quality.

No word if it will be used on consoles, maybe they can port the low preset (assuming there will be presets, and not simply an off/on setting).

wowzors

Not yet. Coming later. Not exclusive to Nvidia GPUs by the way.
My 970 will be overjoyed, if it lives up to promo shots tessellation will have a very significant impact on the look of the game on PC.
http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/assassins-creed-unity/assassins-creed-unity-nvidia-advanced-tessellation-comparison-1.html

No word if it will be used on consoles, maybe they can port the low preset (assuming there will be presets, and not simply an off/on setting).

I wouldnt get my hopes up too much on the tessellation patch. If it drops in the next 3 months ill be shocked and if it doesnt severely cut frames ill be stupefied.

Kezen

Banned
I wouldnt get my hopes up too much on the tessellation patch. If it drops in the next 3 months ill be shocked and if it doesnt severely cut frames ill be stupefied.

You believe Nvidia would adverise it if it wasn't a thing anymore ? You genuinely believe Nvidia and Ubisoft don't have very specific deals in place regarding Gameworks ?
Don't be silly, the tessellation IS coming.

Performance...Well that's tessellation, it should be demanding but going by screenshots :)http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1692-assassins-creed-unity-gpu-benchmark) it will be worth it.
I'll probably turn it on even if framerate takes a hit, I usually like tessellation when liberally applied.

wowzors

You believe Nvidia would adverise it if it wasn't a thing anymore ? You genuinely believe Nvidia and Ubisoft don't have very specific deals in place regarding Gameworks ?
Don't be silly, the tessellation IS coming.

Performance...Well that's tessellation, it should be demanding but going by screenshots :)http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1692-assassins-creed-unity-gpu-benchmark) it will be worth it.

I know it is coming, it is in a contract between the two. My point was more that I do not expect it in a timely manner, this game will be forgotten about by the time it is released, it will be a patch that will basically be a bootup to see how it ended up looking in the game.

Kezen

Banned
I know it is coming, it is in a contract between the two. My point was more that I do not expect it in a timely manner, this game will be forgotten about by the time it is released, it will be a patch that will basically be a bootup to see how it ended up looking in the game.

I think Unity will still be played and used as a benchmark tool months after its release.
Just like Crysis 3 which is still relevant on PC nearly two years after its release.

Top Bottom