• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Week 1: lol can't finish the tournament because my career is more important than the title I say is more important than anything
Week 2: Oh you won the tournament Rey? How about I fuck your shit up Right. Here. TONIGHT

Fuck you John Cena

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MY POCARI SWEAT! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS SHIBATA

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know what I thought of when Vince said they've never had a toothpick or a dwarf as WWE Champion?

EddieandBenoitWMXX.jpg

My mind goes to HBK instead of a roided out murderer.

DKehoe

HEY WRASSLEGAF.

It's a 12 minute match. Here it is. Watch it yourself and let us know what you think - probably the match of the year for many of us following NJPW - what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyGwpDkxS-4#t=64m16s

Watch the match! It can make a believer out of you!

My favorite part is Ishii roaring as Shibata beats him down in the corner into a puddle to set up the dropkick. I just LOVE that moment.

EDIT: lel @ Bootaaay beating me to the punch. Amazing match, amazing!~

Seriously guys, go watch this. I just did and it's amazing. If you don't normally watch NJPW this is a fantastic intro.

jmdajr

Looks like Best Buy couldn't fix my TV, so I'm getting a new one.
Guess the 4 year Warranty worked out.

Plasma Tv started to turn on and off on it's own.

McGuiness is my favorite announcer right now and the part of current ROH I like best. Regal's too composed at times. Wrestling announcers need to really sell the action and drama in the ring. New Japan's main announcer is great at that but I don't understand what he's saying.

The Frankman @GWFTheFrankmanIsReal Aug 6
You see that match vs. Owl last night? I made him my bitch and forced him to have sex with the padded rail
The Frankman @GWFTheFrankmanIsReal Aug 6
45 punches to the head, threw him into the pole 6 times. I credit Big Zeke with teaching me I need to spam moves at times to be successful

XenoRaven

People don't really complain that much about WWE anymore so I'm not sure why Beef is sticking to his constant negativity/super Cena mark gimmick.

somedevil

Raw Viewership Numbers:

Hour 1 - 3.973 million
Hour 2 - 4.381 million
Hour 3 - 4.182 million

Avg: 4.179 which is the best since May 20.

Also May 19th is back:

WWE Studios is bringing back their original movie title, "See No Evil," for a sequel starring Kane (Glenn Jacobs), reports Variety.

Jacobs will return to his role as Jacob Goodnight in "See No Evil 2," which is scheduled to begin filming this fall.

The original movie was released in 2006 and was WWE's top-grossing theatrical movie until "The Call's" success earlier this year.

WWE Studios will partner with Lionsgate again to produce and distribute the second installment of Kane's horror movie franchise

There's pretty much no backstory to that one, as far as I know. It's all character based. Shibata is the tough, hard-hitting fighter who was meant to be the rival to Tanahashi's super-stardom, but instead quit wrestling to pursue a career in MMA. Now he's back and more dangerous than ever. Ishii, meanwhile, is just a short, stocky dude who takes a ton of punishment and likes to hit people very hard. Put the two together, and you get a real shit-kicker of a match.
Well it certainly explains enough to understand the how and why of the matchup, good work.

This man knows no limits, straight up glorifies his own sick actions of violating me with the barricade, is there no honour left in sports entertainment?!

I'd champion his next opponent but with relentless strikes like that I can't see Net_Wrecker's glass cranium lasting too long, never forget the heel gif.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF By The Numbers

The Equality Cup Semifinals:

2 white women
2 black males
1 Super White Male (Ithil)
2 Nice Guys (white)
1 Bread

It's gonna be a hell of a week. A shame the Chicken and Green Man were defeated this week, as well as a Mexican and Brit.

GWF By The Numbers

2 white women
2 black males
2 Nice Guys (white)
1 Bread

It's gonna be a hell of a week. A shame the Chicken and Green Man were defeated this week, as well as a Mexican and Brit.

Don't call me white. I could be anything under that mask. At best you can call me a catface
(if you're a racist that is)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't call me white. I could be anything under that mask. At best you can call me a catface
(if you're a racist that is)

This is true, there is 1 Catman in the tournament as well.

Fandango seems like he's getting more and more confident performing in front of big crowds. While he jobbed to Kofi, I thought he got in a few nice moves and had a solid, if unspectacular, match. I think the guy could really go places, if they actually gave him, like, a feud, or a decent-length match, or actual characterization outside of "say my name right!"

Anyway, Raw was boring last night. The opening segment with Bryan shaving Barrett was pretty damn entertaining, but after that, you could just tell they didn't want to waste any storyline stuff or big segments in front of that crowd. What I don't get is, on these minor Raws, why not give the lesser guys a little more time to shine? Why not give us an Ambrose promo? Why not have a backstage sketch with Fandango?

On a side note - what the fuck was that sloth thing Layla did last night? She was DEFINITELY rusty, but even with her sloppy performance, you could tell she has more in-ring talent than Kaitlyn.

Edit: how sick was that Rowan body splash on Tensai? Dude is manifestly more green than Harper, but last night gave me hope that the two can make a beast of a team, if booked right. Question - why, with so many tag teams, containing so much talent, does the tag division not matter at all anymore? Tag teams are a great way to feature a bunch of guys, they pretty much always produce good matches, and sometimes - as I think Swagger and Cesaro proved last night - you get a really special, fortuitous pairing that really has the potential to elevate one or both of the guys (Cesaro, in this case, since I think Swagger is done after the DUI and concussing Dolph).

double Edit: Regal is a GREAT broadcaster, and while I know it won't happen, WWE would be nuts not to have him come up to Raw when King finally does retire. I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO CORRECT COLE WHEN HE CALLS A BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX A THROW, DAMNIT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dear Strobogo,

Check your PMs for a mystery gift via Steam.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
GWF By The Numbers

2 white women
2 black males
2 Nice Guys (white)
1 Bread

All of the Mexican/Texmex wrasslers lost, some under dubious circumstances.

BFIB

Been wanting to strengthen my core, and lose some weight. Need to drop about 30 lbs. Just ordered DDP Yoga. Anyone else tried this yet? My buddy has it, and said he's getting good results.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Been wanting to strengthen my core, and lose some weight. Need to drop about 30 lbs. Just ordered DDP Yoga. Anyone else tried this yet? My buddy has it, and said he's getting good results.

Did good for me in the beginning, but...

Actual strength program made my pains vanish. I'm incredibly strong now.

That being said, DDP Yoga is a great program.

strobogo

Banned
Claudio/Dragon was awesome. Dem uppercuts. Dem elbow. Dat small package. The uppercut murder spot was amazing. And brutal. It was like Murphy's death scene in Robocop, but with upper cuts and a hairy muscular man in speedos.

^ Steph's new move in the bedroom.

HHH struggling to get his 'we love Daniel Bryan' speech out was hilarious.

Such an unnatural thing for him, stumbling over his points.

He just wants to bury him so hard, must.... resist, getting...... myself, over hhhnnngh. *faints offscreen*

This man knows no limits, straight up glorifies his own sick actions of violating me with the barricade, is there no honour left in sports entertainment?!

I'd champion his next opponent but with relentless strikes like that I can't see Net_Wrecker's glass cranium lasting too long, never forget the heel gif.
In fact I need to see that gif again!

zychi

Banned
He was channelling Stone Cold at points during those videos. Dude is good at yelling.

God I hope we get Stone Cold / Punk in front of a live crowd cutting a promo eventually.
It better be in chicago, ny, or philly. Otherwise dont bother.

Every other city will yell "what" alllll fuckin night

DMczaf

I just want to say Brock Lesnar vs Punk has been built to perfection so far.

Makes the build ups to Brock vs. COO look so fucking bad every week. Punk is man enough to make Brock look like he's a BEAST while HHH would constantly just make sure each segment would give him a slight edge over Brock, and if he didn't get the edge he would demand sympathy from the crowd (which never came).

I just want to say Brock Lesnar vs Punk has been built to perfection so far.

Makes the build ups to Brock vs. COO look so fucking bad every week. Punk is man enough to make Brock look like he's a BEAST while HHH would constantly just make sure each segment would give him a slight edge over Brock, and if he didn't get the edge he would demand sympathy from the crowd (which never came).

Yeah but he hasn't even talked about Punk's family or his kids.

Top Bottom