• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

makaveli13

Neo Member
I'm a pretty unhappy camper right now. was cleaning the smudges on the top screen of my 3ds and noticed a smudge on the top left of the top screen. what's worse is the smudge appears to be under the screen, how would a smudge get there ?

I have no idea how long it has been there as I can only notice it when bright lights hit the screen and my 3ds has pretty much only been a streetpass hit machine lately.

this probably seems like a small issue but will annoy me every time I see it.

Shaneus

Hey Gaz, how much/where did you get your arcade cabinet from? I'm itching for some retro action real, real bad and just looking for some recent info on about what they're going for. Ballpark/rough info is fine :)

Clipper

Jintor said:
Bloody 3DS is making bottom marks on the top screen thanks to the ridges down the bottom. Very pissy.
I get that too. It took me a while to realise why it was happening. The marks are easily removable with shirt or other cleaning device, so it doesn't bother me, though.

Edit: Hey, am I the only Gazatar missing from that new banner... :'(

Gazunta

NOOOOOOOO

hahahahah

It's missing half the Gazatars, an apostrophe and Ricki Lee's boobs are apparently too big. :(

Megadrive said:
http://imgur.com/gafZv.jpg

sorry gaz lol

haha i like the rule. but am saddened to not see my banana anywhere.
then i recall the reason you took it down. and am giving you a second chance. :)

makaveli13

Neo Member
Clipper said:
I get that too. It took me a while to realise why it was happening. The marks are easily removable with shirt or other cleaning device, so it doesn't bother me, though.

Edit: Hey, am I the only Gazatar missing from that new banner... :'(
yeah I got those marks as well, but the one that is annoying me can't be cleaned as it's under the screen, guess I'll get over it eventually as I doubt nintendo would replace it.

Gazunta said:
It's about half an hour's work, but I'm, you know, working, so I can't fire up Photoshop.
no i didnt expect you to. just wondering as you seem to get that stuff out pretty fast compared to some people i know of. not naming names but. :p

Shaneus

Oh, thanks to Mar I'm now listening to the MD music from EoA's road-violence series of games: Road Rash, Road Rash 2 and Skitchin'. Woo.

Clipper said:
No. Go and buy one!

Apparently there are sites out there that accept .mpo images and turn them into cross-eyed and other types.

Are there any that turn them into 2D? I can't do any of the cross-eyed methods or whatever.

Clipper

Megadrive said:
Are there any that turn them into 2D? I can't do any of the cross-eyed methods or whatever.
Uh, the cross-eyed methods give you the two 2D images :p.

Edit: Also, just for the information of the thing, the 3DS did spit out .jpgs of the image too, but I declined from releasing those :p.

Thanks a lot, News Limited.

yxgxa.jpg

Yep. A mod by a third-party who isn't Rockstar would not be allowed in Australia. God damn it. Unclassified version? Wtf? Fucking hell journalists suck at their job.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gazunta said:
NOOOOOOOO

hahahahah

It's missing half the Gazatars, an apostrophe and Ricki Lee's boobs are apparently too big. :(

Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Jintor

Did they fucking miss the goddamn fucking years of public consultation that has occured over the last decade or so?

Shaneus

Movies that ARE classified R18+:
Eyes Wide Shut
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Basic Instinct

Won't somebody think of the children?

Danoss

codswallop said:
Thanks a lot, News Limited.

http://i.imgur.com/yxgxa.jpg
I'd love to see a list of movies that wouldn't have been release in Australia if they had MA15+ as it's maximum. A number of gems would definitely not be watchable, yet no one is mentioning, or thinking about that.

Mein Kampf is still available in book stores, yet no one says a word.

No one will report on anything like this because it's not inflammatory bullshit. It's a shame so many people read/watch/listen to the media dropkicks that have the logical thinking of a flea.

Shaneus

Danoss said:
I'd love to see a list of movies that wouldn't have been release in Australia if they had MA15+ as it's maximum. A number of gems would definitely not be watchable, yet no one is mentioning, or thinking about that.

Mein Kampf is still available in book stores, yet no one says a word.

No one will report on anything like this because it's not inflammatory bullshit. It's a shame so many people read/watch/listen to the media dropkicks that have the logical thinking of a flea.
I think American Psycho is an R18+ book as well (that's shrinkwrapped), innit?

Anyway, I like this: "Former SAS commander Jim Wallace, who now represents the Australian Christian Lobby, has said he wouldn't use such games to train soldiers because "it teaches them no mercy" :lol

Oh, direct link to the article here.

Shaneus said:
Eyes Wide Shut
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Basic Instinct

I've seen the first 3 films in this list and they have scarred me for life. If only there were responsible journalists and Attorney-Generals to point out how disgusting they are back when they were released.

It's funny how I was able to buy Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill when I was 16 but now I'm 18 I can't buy Mortal fucking Kombat.

Danoss

Shaneus said:

No idea about shrink wrapping, but I belive no book is (nor should they be) banned.

The question needs to (seriously) be asked "why shouldn't games be allowed to have R18+ like every other medium?" on the proviso that there will be no mention of children getting their hands on it.

Actually, why is it assumed kids will get their hands on this material? Is shitty parenting so accepted these days? It can almost be guaranteed that no respectable retailer would sell R18+ media to a child.

It is also concerning that the public doesn't care that R18+ games are being funneled into MA15+, directly into the hands of those they truly believe shouldn't be touching them. Common sense says that intelligent people would be all for it; though that's the problem with common sense these days isn't it? It's not that common.

Frawdder

Danoss said:
No idea about shrink wrapping, but I belive no book is (nor should they be) banned.

The question needs to (seriously) be asked "why shouldn't games be allowed to have R18+ like every other medium?" on the proviso that there will be no mention of children getting their hands on it.

Actually, why is it assumed kids will get their hands on this material? Is shitty parenting so accepted these days? It can almost be guaranteed that no respectable retailer would sell R18+ media to a child.

It is also concerning that the public doesn't care that R18+ games are being funneled into MA15+, directly into the hands of those they truly believe shouldn't be touching them. Common sense says that intelligent people would be all for it; though that's the problem with common sense these days isn't it? It's not that common.
Pretty much.

Kid is fat, blame McDonalds or KFC or the Fish & Chip shop.
Kid is in trouble, blame the cops for picking on children.
Kid is dumb, blame the teachers for not teaching them correctly.

Not all parents are completely useless at parenting though, it's just seems there is a lot of blame handed out for something that can be countered with being a good parent.

Shaneus said:
Yep and quite possibly one of the most stupid things I've seen. Can't have people getting offended by accidentally thinking it was a book about psychology and subsequently getting their poor little minds damaged by some words.

Shaneus said:
Eyes Wide Shut
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Basic Instinct

roosters93 said:
I've seen the first 3 films in this list and they have scarred me for life.
I know the first film on that list scarred me for life. One of the worst films I have seen. Not even so-bad-it's-enjoyable-to-watch bad. Excruciatingly bad. My body even tried to get me to fall to sleep - like some evolutionary survival mechanism.

Shaneus

Hey, I just grabbed that list from Wikipedia. Don't shoot me*!

*People will blame Doom or Galaga or something.

Side note: Anyone think that John Woo got his dual-wielding idea from the twin ships in Galaga? I'm guessing "probably".

Ydahs

So my brother came home with AFL Live 2011 (PS3)... Not bad. Though not too good.

Apparently it's riddled with a lot of glitches, but it's fun. Has potential to be a very good if there's another iteration or two with continued effort put into it.

Though it looks like a Wii game.

Sew

Shaneus said:
Oh, thanks to Mar I'm now listening to the MD music from EoA's road-violence series of games: Road Rash, Road Rash 2 and Skitchin'. Woo.
Shaneus uses Rob Hubbard!
It defeats Sew's Cloak of Lurking!

Seriously, fine listening there. Road Rash II is the game I'm most likely to fire up when bored, just to cruise along and listen to the soundtrack.

Gazunta

BananaArnie said:
no i didnt expect you to. just wondering as you seem to get that stuff out pretty fast compared to some people i know of. not naming names but. :p
I got the Cintiq to thank for that. That thing speeds up my output crazy.

My haul today:

Shaneus: My arcade cabinet was a find in an abandoned office
The former Brisbane office of the Democrats, judging by the plethora of business cards found inside
a family member was hired to renovate. It used to be a Golden Axe 2 cabinet with a standard JAMMA support. Swapped some parts out and it's a dedicated Street Fighter Alpha 2 machine now :)

d4533

Rahk said:
I think they also don't keep it on the shelves.
I was going to buy it for some one a while back and it was on the shelf, not wrapped up in borders.

I did borrow it from the library 7 years ago and they didn't keep it on the shelf. I had to ask for it from the desk, they checked my ID before getting it from the back room.

Having read it it was kind of understandable why they did that though.

Mar

Sew said:
Shaneus uses Rob Hubbard!
It defeats Sew's Cloak of Lurking!

Seriously, fine listening there. Road Rash II is the game I'm most likely to fire up when bored, just to cruise along and listen to the soundtrack.

Rob Hubbard is god.

Top Bottom