• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Stackboy said:
All this talk of emails is boring.
Anyone play Halo: Reach? You know, a videogame?
Last year I did. Don't do MP though so it hasn't been touched in months. Hype ran out. Much more fun to hoard unopened games. It's like a drug.

Shaneus said:
In other news, I'm listening to the Sonic 1 music in GYM format at work. Nerding it up in this bitch, for sure.
In related news I am sure you have already heard of Anamanaguchi, if not check out this slice of epic chiptune called Mermaid.

FreeFallin' said:
EasyBib is such a good website. Saves me the time, which I need to put together a shitty essay the day that it's due. YAY UNI. YAY ESSAYS THAT ARE DUE AT TIMES OUT OF THE NORM AND SNEAK UP ON YOU.
Handed in Global Strategy essay today. God I hate assignments. Got a group assignment due in a month and I haven't even had time to organise a group. God I hate group assignments.

codswallop said:
Thanks a lot, News Limited.
Journalism. It sucks balls yo. Maybe in a parallel universe they are unbiased and logical. Doubtful though.

legend166 said:
It doesn't look like the AFL Wii game has the PES Wii control scheme.
Talk about a missed opportunity.
The AFL Wii game will also sell a tenth of the PES Wii game and was probably made for a tenth of the budget. Doesn't excuse how bad it looks though.

Jintor said:
Part of it is an offshoot of 'games are for kids' logic, and the other part is because people are morons.
The R18 problem in a nutshell. Think of the kids/think of the morals. People are stupid and illogical. Blah.

Ydahs said:
So my brother came home with AFL Live [insert year here] ([insert platform here])... Not bad. Though not too good. Apparently it's riddled with a lot of glitches, but it's fun. Has potential to be a very good if there's another iteration or two with continued effort put into it. Though it looks like a [system with subpar graphics] game.
Fixed.

Gazunta said:
My haul today
Swapped some parts out and it's a dedicated Street Fighter Alpha 2 machine now :)
That is a sexy stack and I am super jelly that you have a street fighter machine. Would love to have one in my garage.

Going to smash out some more Witcher tonight, forgot how great it is. Also got a day of gardening for tomorrow, douche bag who owns the house built a heap himself and just chucked a bunch of clay dirt down as yards, ergo only weeds grow. Also find random building supplies in the dirt like rolls of masking tape. Creepy. House next door is available for rent in a month and is the same price but with an extra room, hope we can get it. Nice easy move. So how is that Glados folding going?

Dead Man

Yay, more censorship!! Artists may face classification to counter nudity

ARTISTS could be forced to have all their work classified before being publicly displayed.

Some work, while legal, could be blacklisted if recommendations to a federal inquiry on the film and literature classification scheme are accepted.

The Senate inquiry, launched and chaired by conservative Christian senator Guy Barnett, has heard submissions calling for any film containing full-frontal nudity to be refused classification, art works and art books containing nudity to be classified, and all artworks to be restricted to certain age groups.

''Artistic merit'' should be abandoned when classifying artworks, according to some submissions.

More at the link.

Danoss

Dead Man said:
I cannot find the words to express my outrage. I have seen some breath-taking nude/implied nude artwork, it would be terrible (understatement) for this to be passed.

Michaelangelo's David and the Pietà would fall under this category. No doubt the morons who wouldn't be interested in it anyway will continue to try and take such things away from the rest of us.

roosters93 said:
My library had some stupid rule about people under 18 not being able to borrow MA movies. wtf
What's your problem? You know that only 18+year old people can handle 15+ material.

Dead Man said:
As a
currently non-practicing
artist this makes me So. Fucking. Angry. I have not in the past and will not in the future approve of having to submit art for classification.

By mystifying, censoring and subjecting such trivial things as nudity to classification we are making it more of a taboo issue. We are in fact creating the outrage that occurs when people see nudity because we are constantly told that it is bad. And should never be seen. to protect our keen, fragile sensibilities.

Total bullshit.

BananaArnie said:
Yeah but wtf borrows movies from libraries these days?
Somebody doesn't like free.

Bernbaum

BEHOLD! We have a banner worthy of marching under for the conquest of the forces of evil.

My favourite part is the bit where you've drawn Ricki-Lee's boobs and the viewer can get a good look and summation of the dimension and heft of said boobs.

Official request time!

Dear Mr. G. Azunta,

May I please have a fully sick avatar? I don't know what of. I suppose a weasel with an ankh or something like that. Also how cute is this weasel? Yeah, it's pretty damn cute.

Also, I don't need boobs to be involved in mine, but great job with the banner!

Many thanks!

Also, AFL Live seems like it really needs a demo or something. In the shakycam YouTube footage I've seen, it looks ...weird.

Shaneus

Sew said:
Shaneus uses Rob Hubbard!
It defeats Sew's Cloak of Lurking!

Seriously, fine listening there. Road Rash II is the game I'm most likely to fire up when bored, just to cruise along and listen to the soundtrack.
I remembered that the music was good in all three but couldn't differentiate the tracks. The theme to RR2 I'd initially mistaken for RR1. Can you believe it? /nerdbarrassment

I haven't played RR2 in ages, either.... one of the few things I remember doing was playing around with the codes (one letter up, one letter down etc.) to find maximum money. When it worked, oh my.

PS. Amazing score, Gaz! Kinda makes me wonder just how many decent condition machines are sitting around offices, caravan parks and pubs where the owners would be glad just to have them taken away. Somewhere my lowboy Raiden 2 and cocktail Missile Command or Arkanoid (all original, of course) are itching to be in my 1-BR unit.

Shaneus

AnkhWeasel said:
Official request time!

Dear Mr. G. Azunta,

May I please have a fully sick avatar? I don't know what of. I suppose a weasel with an ankh or something like that. Also how cute is this weasel? Yeah, it's pretty damn cute.

Also, I don't need boobs to be involved in mine, but great job with the banner!

Many thanks!
This weasel would be far, far better. More suited to an ank, too.

Shaneus

Oh shit, just found out that Rob Hubbard wrote THIS. Holy nostalgia. I remember the random time I played it after getting the AdLib card, not at all expecting anything and having that glorious tune come out.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gazunta said:
Well, this picture is OLD NEWS now, but anyway!

The original file is here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/511894/ausgaf3.tif feel free to modify as you like for future AusGAF shenanigans.

tumblr_ljmx6sfk9c1qb7yja.png

Gazunta

Oh SHIT I left out cookie. Probably because I did cookies pic before I started naming the files logically. I WILL FIX NAOW

Most important news of the day was that I realised that women's fashion has changed again! That stupid two tone dress shit is out! Looked so damn unattractive. Uni is a much hotter place now. Only realised when I saw a hot chick in a two tone dress and was like, "Meh". And then it hit me. Man my work is boring.

r1chard

BananaArnie said:
Yeah but wtf borrows movies from libraries these days?
We're a huge loaner of material from the local library, including movies, but yes more often books (and graphic novels - the local libraries have awesome graphic novel collections).

Mar

Shaneus said:
Oh shit, just found out that Rob Hubbard wrote THIS. Holy nostalgia. I remember the random time I played it after getting the AdLib card, not at all expecting anything and having that glorious tune come out.

Sounds like Hubbard alright.

If you are unfamiliar with his work, I'd suggest going back to his 8bit stuff where he started out.

Lightforce
Spellbound
Master of Magic

There are zillions of awesome Rob Hubbard tunes.

jambo said:
I hate that two tone stuff
LLShC.gif
Most of the time it was black or grey upper half and bottom half was animal print or flowery crap. So many hot chicks reduced to looking like a living-assisted grandma.
Much happier with the skinny jean, or jean leggings trend. Hot. Stupid but hot.

I saw that Sonic Colors had a "Buy 1 get 1 FREE" sticker on it at EB Games today, I'll probably get it since alot of people say it's good and pick up some DS game with it.

Gazunta

I'm liking Marvel vs Capcom 3 so far.

ER I MEAN I HAVEN'T BEEN PLAYING IT, I'VE BEEN FIXING THIS INSTEAD

Ankh: Will do, no problems :) It'll have to wait until tomorrow since I'm doing a comic now, hope that's OK!

Danoss

Mar said:
I like how I'm closest to the boob, even though I don't like the woman.

I like boobs though.
You have the perfect view, swirling your whisky saying "that's right, best view of the side-boob."

Fred is saying "I'd hit that two times... just don't tell the wife."

Kritz would hit it 3 times, he has so much enthusiasm, he spray-painted the number 3 all over Tasmania.

All the while, Marshmellow is sneakily taking in the cleavage shot and delighting in all its glory.

I'm sorry, I'll stop now.

Mar

Gaz, I had no idea you were a member of Lemon64. I logged in tonight and saw your name in one of the threads... Who knew?

You even joined the same year I did, 2002.

reptilescorpio said:
Woot! Burn Notice: Bruce Campbell Is Awesome has been released! If the Uncharted movie ever really happens he NEEDS to be Sully.

I love Bruce Campbell and have to get around to seeing Burn Notice.

I found My Name is Bruce in a DVD store the other day and eagerly purchased and watched. It was god awful. Very disappointed.

Danoss said:
You have the perfect view, swirling your whisky saying "that's right, best view of the side-boob."

Fred is saying "I'd hit that two times... just don't tell the wife."

Kritz would hit it 3 times, he has so much enthusiasm, he spray-painted the number 3 all over Tasmania.

All the while, Marshmellow is sneakily taking in the cleavage shot and delighting in all its glory.

I'm sorry, I'll stop now.

I think that would be for the best.

Mar said:
I love Bruce Campbell and have to get around to seeing Burn Notice.
He pretty much plays what the fans want. Old arsed Ash who just wants to get drunk and hit on old rich chicks. While shooting the place up of course. Once you see it you will instantly think Sully. Also Burn Notice is actually a pretty good show, just don't have enough time for it anymore.

Rlan

So what's the best deal I can get for an Xbox 360 slim nowadays?

Was eyeing a deal for a 250GB HDD for my original on Fishpond, but my Xbox 360, which has survived TWO Red Rings, is all the more likely near death. And my 120GB HDD is filling up quick with these XBLA games I need for my site.

Just watched the first episode of Game of Thrones. Never read any of the books but it seemed to do a good job of introducing the myriad main characters.

Jintor

SERRELS! Kotaku_AU is refusing to let me login via my Facebook account, or in fact even to open up reply boxes so I can argue with people over Adam's 3rd person v 1st person article! Work your magic and fix this somehow!

*falls over*

hamchan

codswallop said:
Just watched the first episode of Game of Thrones. Never read any of the books but it seemed to do a good job of introducing the myriad main characters.

But can you remember their names?!

Top Bottom