• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only problem I had at Comic Con is having to wait 90 mins to get in despite having bought tickets. Got a bit squishy inside too. A friend who went to the first NYCC said they had capacity issues the first time too.

However I didn't bother getting tokens for photos or signings. IMO they should be pre sold only on the website and for windows of time with a maximum sold for that window.

The stories posted on the Facebook page aren't the worst of it (apparently someone paid $300 for a dinner with Patrick Stewart who left after 10 minutes; there was no vegetarian option either. Stewart also apparently ended a session early due to noise from adjoining stages -- I had trouble hearing the one I sat in on). I'm not surprised at any of the stories.

I still had a great time too.

Only problem I had at Comic Con is having to wait 90 mins to get in despite having bought tickets. Got a bit squishy inside too. A friend who went to the first NYCC said they had capacity issues the first time too.

However I didn't bother getting tokens for photos or signings. IMO they should be pre sold only on the website and for windows of time with a maximum sold for that window.

The stories posted on the Facebook page aren't the worst of it (apparently someone paid $300 for a dinner with Patrick Stewart who left after 10 minutes; there was no vegetarian option either. Stewart also apparently ended a session early due to noise from adjoining stages -- I had trouble hearing the one I sat in on). I'm not surprised at any of the stories.

I still had a great time too.

Yeah, that queue was crazy, as were the crowds. Still had a great time though! It didn't feel that different to supanova.

That dinner thing doesn't sound very legal. They were selling dinners? =/ if $30-50 gets you an autograph and 30 seconds with them, I'm not surprised $300 didn't go far. Still pretty rude though.

Choc

Banned
to be fair $300 for 10 minutes of patrick stewarts time is probably cheap as fuck

im not undermining the situation, but if you spend $300 on a dinner with a megastar and expect an all nighter you are bound to be disappointed

to be fair $300 for 10 minutes of patrick stewarts time is probably cheap as fuck

im not undermining the situation, but if you spend $300 on a dinner with a megastar and expect an all nighter you are bound to be disappointed
Yeah $300 doesn't seem worth it! Would be at least $100 just to cover the meal! Thought something like that would be in the low thousands, even look at the kickstarters which ask for a hell of a lot more money.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Legend is only 23 so the age difference isn't that huge.

He should def go for it. Nothing to lose and since she lives far away he doesn't have to worry about bumping into her and it being awkward.

legend166

We don't go to the same church. I think going out with someone from the same church is like dating someone from work, i.e. bad idea.

Yagharek

We don't go to the same church. I think going out with someone from the same church is like dating someone from work, i.e. bad idea.

A wise move should things go wrong, but also difficult if you met the right person there anyway.

My pro-tip would be simple: don't over analyse it. Do what you think is a good idea and whatever happens, happens.

Kritz

Banned
Bought myself one of those external iPhone rechargers for the trip to QLD. Now my phone is... Slightly bigger than pocket size.

But now I don't have to worry about dying in QLD due to lack of smartphone.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Bought myself one of those external iPhone rechargers for the trip to QLD. Now my phone is... Slightly bigger than pocket size.

But now I don't have to worry about dying in QLD due to lack of smartphone.

But what if you get mugged while you are in QLD?!

BTW holycheck should add my twitter to the ausgaf twitter list.>: https://twitter.com/#!/LafielAbriel
Are Holy and I that easily confused? Second time in a week! :p

Also, for those not following along on Twitter but who care about my baby beer, I took a gravity reading of the beer today and it's fallen from the original gravity of 1.042 to 1.011, meaning it's (currently flat) beer! I'll retake the reading each day until it's stable now and then, after priming to force carbonation, bottle it.

Taste could be better but 1) it's the first time I brewed all grain, 2) I went for a really simple recipe to get the process right and 3) it's only a week old, and will get better with age.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
so far i've put together the tv cabinet, a book shelf, my desk, and half a dining room chair. need a break before i start on my bed

mandiller

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 Black USB 3.0 – $138.00 (I really like the minimalistic look of this case)

I've got that case and it's awesome. No complaints. It's nice and quiet too. I installed a extra fan in the top of the case to help push air out and it's been running my little beast of a computer very well.

jambo

viQ6Pl.jpg

a6xIHl.jpg

Also me and a mate bought some GoW III Retro Lancers, nice and subtle

MVMMY.jpg

Can't say I have used anything other than MSE since installing Win7.
Also can't say I have touched E-Tax 2012. Waiting for the price drop when E-Tax 2013 comes out (even cheaper when importing too!).

EDIT: Also why is everyone bitching about electricity prices? My bills have really changed much the last 2 years while the gas bill has gone through the roof, pay more for gas than electricity per month now!

Yagharek

The cult of personality rolls on with the latest felicia day twitter controversy. Games journalists, sci fi actors, game developers, gaming news sites and "fans" all caught up in a storm because of what exactly? Because someone decided that they didn't like a gaming media personality.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing but complete and utter disinterest in Ms Day and the ex-Destructoid writer. One was a target of an out-of-the-blue rant, the other was rude for no apparent reason. But all of this is borne out of the fact that the industry now seems more tied up in personality than quality of content.

Again, a symptom of the complete disconnect between the industry and the important part - the audience.

Dear Games Industry and Game Media of Print and Online Varieties: Can we get back to talking about games please, and leave your collective egos alone? Thank you.

Yagharek

People shouldn't post uneducated opinions on twitter when drunk. End.

True. But the other problem is that people are seen as celebrities for writing about or presenting games. Nothing against Alicia Day, but rather the phenomenon of games writers/presenters being seen as "celebrity".

This includes narcissistic destructoid writers who are jealous of others with a higher profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom