• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Quite interesting how the 2 games getting near perfect reviews this holiday season are for the 2 consoles/devices that launched last year, rather than the ones launching this month.

I expected high scores for Mario, it's Mario after all, but the scores for Tearaway are quite shocking. Another Media Molecule gem I guess. Launching at a lower price than usual too which will hopefully help it.

Also the one app I really, really wanted a X1 for might not be worth picking it up for until the NBN is installed. Next term.
Why the fuck can't you download the videos :(

Also this is what you get when you spend 5 years development on ONLY next gen platform versions of a basketball game
XNpjuov.png

Looks so fucking much better than the cross-gen garbage 2K14 is trying to peddle. Can't believe they release a game every 12 months, across 5-6 platforms, and expect you to eat up that tripe.

http://video.bobdylan.com/desktop.html

Everyone needs to go and watch the videoclip bob dylan just put out for like a rollingstone.

watch it many times.
Wow that's fucking awesome! Really great idea. I can see it being used to even better effect in future with the lyrics being actually absorbed into the actual events on screen, rather than just the lip syncing.

Yep. I have PGR3 and it's fantastic. PGR4 has been a bitch to hunt down for 360.
Really? I got a copy from EB like 3 months ago for $9. Try to hit up a few stores, one will have a copy.
I'll try and keep an eye out for you. PGR3 is only $4 too.
Almost grabbed Forza 2 for $2 but remembered I really dislike those games lol

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Gotta love Facebook statuses

"Good to see global warming and climate change is heating up the planet and temps are soaring to new record levels... oh wait its only 17 degrees in Adelaide 10 days out fomr the start of Summer!"

I remember I had a discussion about this.. but climate change is definitely a more accurate term than global warming imo.

Jintor

Anyone know where I can find a cheap thingy that'll charge my Vita? $18 is the price to beat, I think. I saw a charger for that price at JB, I'm pretty sure.

Just ebay it mate, you'll find the deal. "ps vita cable"

Does anyone have a US cc? I can give them 1 month free US PS plus and 1 month free Music unlimited vouchers. Won't work unless you have a US account linked with a US cc, and can be redeemed from a PS4 only. Can be used with existing PS accounts, don't need to make a new one.

Rahk

Hiked to the top of Mt Oyama today. The next time I see stairs will be too soon. Skipped the cable car that goes half way up and took the 'path for men' that goes there cause it's tough, like man. Skipped the cable car on the way down too and took the 'path for women' cause it's pretty, like woman. And my legs hurt.

Stairs at the half way point leading to a shrine:
yZFbZz7.jpg

View from the peak:
ATv3SCS.jpg

The best place to see Mt Fuji a bit further down from the peak, which I took without realising Mt Fuji was there at the time, featuring bonus random guy:
GmMEKeI.jpg

I think I said 'konnichiwa' more times in one day than in my whole life before it.

jambo

I downloaded Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box on Steam last night and tried it out this morning.

Seems to work fine. Logged in with my EA account (although it was username which I had to find) and started driving around the city. I maxed out everything except SSAO and it ran buttery smooth (for some reason SSAO made it run at about 20fps) and had a quick drive around.

From the menus it looks like the online stuff would be fairly easy to get start so we should be set to go.

Also the game is only 2.9GB. Ahhh the old days.

I downloaded Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box on Steam last night and tried it out this morning.

Seems to work fine. Logged in with my EA account (although it was username which I had to find) and started driving around the city. I maxed out everything except SSAO and it ran buttery smooth (for some reason SSAO made it run at about 20fps) and had a quick drive around.

From the menus it looks like the online stuff would be fairly easy to get start so we should be set to go.

Also the game is only 2.9GB. Ahhh the old days.

I despise sub accounts in steam. If you release a game on steam it should force the developer to use the steam account, not their own one.

Shaneus

not sure don't think so
I ordered two or three a few months back and I think I paid something like $5 including shipping or something ridiculous. Search for "vita USB" and you should be set. I got mine from Australian stock too, so it only took a week or so :)

I despise sub accounts in steam. If you release a game on steam it should force the developer to use the steam account, not their own one.
But Steam is just a distribution platform unless someone includes Steamworks. It's a download client essentially if no other DRM is included.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Planning on buying Super Mario 3D World in the coming weeks.. and I've just realized that it's going be the first Wii-U game I've bought since New Super Mario Bros Wii U... !

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Will be getting mine some time next month, will buy it so I've got it on hand when I finish up mario.

also I only just learnt that the ashes have started.

as some one who used to spend his youth up late at night watching cricket every summer.. this saddens me. I really don't care anymore :(

Dead Man

Will be getting mine some time next month, will buy it so I've got it on hand when I finish up mario.

also I only just learnt that the ashes have started.

as some one who used to spend his youth up late at night watching cricket every summer.. this saddens me. I really don't care anymore :(

Yeah. The crew I watched cricket with sort of fell apart about 5 years ago and my interest has been on the wane since then. Feels weird.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-...rutiny-after-cctv-shows-brutal-arrest/5106060

Police use of stun guns to subdue suspects is under renewed scrutiny after an unarmed Sudanese-Australian student was tasered while handcuffed and surrounded by six officers in Sydney.

Fucking awesome :/

Fusebox

Banned
Sperm bank.

Was up most of the night playing Resogun. So addictive!

Nice, I'm loving NFS at the moment, I keep loading it up intending to have a quick race before jumping into something meatier like KSF or ACIV and end up spending hours in NFS instead, it's a superb arcade racer and the always online stuff creates some intense random encounters with real life racers.

Sperm bank.

Nice, I'm loving NFS at the moment, I keep loading it up intending to have a quick race before jumping into something meatier like KSF or ACIV and end up spending hours in NFS instead, it's a superb arcade racer and the always online stuff creates some intense random encounters with real life racers.

Yeah heard the same from everyone else who's playing it. I'll probably pick it up as soon as I can find a cheaper version. Amazon PSN digital store is no longer accepting overseas credit cards, so will look out for a local copy.

jambo

30 fps though.

I might still get it for PS4...

Top Bottom