• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Skyzard

Banned
angry-joe-can-t-believe-it-o.gif

Hah. Common though, batman costume video with some justified anger?

I wish I knew how to edit gifs =/ I tried looking it up, but I'll just post the original gif, because I feel like it's still relevant. I was gonna add a Rocksteady and WB logo to each of the guys on the couch.

2759553-ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Yeah, that is not very helpful in the slightest. As I said, youtube videos are pretty crap for graphical comparisons. Anyway the only difference I noticed is the frequency of the rain from actually watching the video.

Md7V0YZ.png

It's stuff like this and the textures not looking as great as the console version.

1F216DFC2F09DE0E100DF0AC3CBB61B12A8D79A1

Well, I'll probably just play City until this gets fixed. I'm waiting for a patch for a few more days and then I'll probably refund it.

I've been playing since 7 without a single issue. No memory leak (3.5-5gb used the entire time), no huge slowdowns (did not edit the configure file. Still locked to 30). Definitely not getting AO or the other rain/fabric features from the video but overall, no problems.

d00d3n

Oh no, the console gamers are playing the game with two graphical effects that are currently bugged on PC. How could a PC gamer who is currently playing and enjoying the game continue to do so?

Well, the graphical effects that are bugged have a major visual impact (proof below). I am sure that it is possible to enjoy the game if you find it acceptable to play an inferior and gimped version.

Zkzb.jpg

At least the hair is better. What res is the pc running in the video? Might explain how its generally better looking minus AO

Xbox is pretty darn blurry overall, must 900p or something
Borrowed pics from the main OT, here's an example of the missing rain/water shader.

XO shot:

Screenshot-Original.png

PC shot:

Ukzb.png
Not sure if this has been posted, not my image either:
Md7V0YZ.png

Seriously though, what the hell is wrong with the missing graphical effects on the PC version? A bug or some weird form of parity?

i5 2500k @ 4.3 8gb ram | SLI 980 4gb (updated driver) | 144hz gsync | .ini framerate: 144 | 7200 rpm HDD | Benchmark

Max/Gameworks (1440p):

SLI Disabled

SLI Enabled

Dedicated Physx

Arkham City Bits (0x080202F5)

Arkham Origins Bits (0x080222F5)

SLI Disabled:

1440p
Gameworks Off

Smoke/Fog Only

Debris Only

Rain Only

Light Shafts Only

Rain & Lights Only

1080p
Gameworks On

Gameworks Off

Rain & Lights Only

Only ran 1 test each.

leng jai

Just got around to trying this on my 970/2500k. The stuttering is absolutely insane - the worst I've seen in ages. It's a literal slideshow once you get into combat.

I don't even have any of the Nvidia options enabled. How the fuck do you release something this bad?

void666

Banned
Drove the batmobile around gotham for quite some time. Mostly minor stuttering. I had one small hiccup but i know it was caused by the smoke effects.

Now i'll move the game to the SSD to see if there's any improvement.

Crypt

It keeps crashing on me around the area where the arsonist mission
burning bat symbol
starts. The game just doesn't like me being around that particular area I guess. It's done it on different missions.

Salsa

welp yeah

cannot play this

here's the funny part: the game actually runs fine with my hardware. WHEN its running

55-60fps average on benchmark, solid 30 in-game

BUT

it basically mini freezes every 2 seconds. dunno if its vram or a hard drive issue (even tho I blame the game's coding for both) but the whole computer will basically stop making any noise for a few seconds at a time

it's unplayable, it aint even stuttering, literally mini 1-2 sec freezes every 1-2 seconds

I was getting it even during cutscenes when the game is rendering nothing

jett

D-Member
welp yeah

cannot play this

here's the funny part: the game actually runs fine with my hardware. WHEN its running

BUT

it basically mini freezes every 2 seconds. dunno if its vram or a hard drive issue (even tho I blame the game's coding for both) but the whole computer will basically stop making any noise for a few seconds at a time

it's unplayable, it aint even stuttering, literally mini 1-2 sec freezes every 1-2 seconds

Yeah after a while of playing it turns to liquid shit.

dEvAnGeL

Red Hood

Banned
Gemüsepizza;169572809 said:
I think you accidentally installed the wrong driver for your OS (there was a mixup on the AMD site). Check your file name, the OS version (e.g. Win 7) must be there. Here you can download the correct version:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

D'oh, I'm an idiot! You're completely right, I somehow downloaded the Windows 8.1 version. I could have swear I clicked Win 7 64-bit. Anyway, thanks!

Somehow I don't seem to be getting the drops any more. I've glided around Gotham for 15 minutes and the heaviest drop I got was around 22, not too frequent now though, whereas earlier today I got drops to mid-tens and frequently even lower. I'll try again tomorrow and see if it keeps this way before I get optimistic.

spannicus

care sharing what did you tweaked please, my only difference to you is the processor, i have an i7 2600k @4.5, will appreciate it, thanks

I followed all the steps except for the allow D3D10
Didnt change the MSAA
Didnt turn off bloom or reflections

Also look at comments, i did what the comments said also.

Salsa

Yeah after a while of playing it turns to liquid shit.

it actually does it moreso for me when I first start it up

I dont know if im gonna try moving it to the SSD cause it really feels like a texture streaming issue or something. like the game is reading the hard drive constantly

dEvAnGeL

I followed all the steps except for the allow D3D10
Didnt change the MSAA
Didnt turn off bloom or reflections

Also look at comments, i did what the comments said also.
how are monitoring frames? because for some reason fraps stooped working for me, out of nowhere

gdt

welp yeah

cannot play this

BUT

Bummer.

This wide range of reactions is insane.

Trolled my brother by crashing his game by requesting to view his broadcast, that crashes this game lol. At least there's some fun to be had.

JohngPR

I get the same performance. I also get no crashing or memory leak problems.

But far be it from me to inject any level of positivity about the game.

You are one of the few, it seems. Consider yourself very fortunate. Game on for you then! Enjoy, I genuinely mean that, BTW. :)

what extra bothers me is that I can tell right away that a solid 30fps wouldnt bother me in this game

Yeah, it has enough effects going on that 30fps isn't that much of a bother. Its ridiculous that people with 970s and 980s would need to compromise at 30fps, but its doable in this game.

The problem is it cant even hold a solid 30 to save its own life. The first batmobile section, aka "even the odds", was the most atrocious I've seen a game run in a long, long time on PC. The game held a 5 fps framerate for a good 5 seconds at one point, and there were pauses of 1-2 seconds at a time. (I'm running a 2500K @ 4.0ghz and 970)

That with all of the missing effects, its just not playable right now. I really hope they can eventually fix it, but who knows how long that will take. When the problems are as deep as this it takes a while. FC4 had horrible streaming and stuttering issues at launch and it took at least a month if I recall to get rid of MOST of the stuttering, not all. A few months before the game was completely smooth.

Guffers

What in the hell is with this game? I've been downloading since yesterday (Australian Internet for the win) My download reached 25 gig and then reset back to zero. Now it's back up to 6 gig.

Corpekata

Banned
If you want to monitor FPS things like fraps and Afterburner overalys won't work with the Smoke or Paper Gameworks options on. For whatever reason.

Top Bottom