• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

CIKIkc9UsAArY5X.png

oh

WTF... I have like 5 more hours until my game finally "unpacks" if this shit happens I will burn down a house full of spiders or something...

If pirates get a better experience than legit customers I am just going to cry into my wine glass..

The rain is really weird. If you go under somethign with a roof and look at the rain, the density is decreased and it falls REALLY slowly despite there being a ton of drops on the ground.

Go out from underneath and suddenly the rain falls fast and is more dense.

I guess it's a nitpick but.... it's weird.

Quotient

So Rocksteady didn't develop the PC version, they only worked on the console versions, is this correct? If so this is odd since i thought they were using the PC version in their E3 2014 demo.

Seems to run okay on my 970. Definitely get dips when it gets chaotic in the batmobile.

Film grain is pissing me off though. It looks terrible, wish you could get rid of it.

hlhbk

Man everyone in here is a bunch of babies... Look, every game released now is going to have problems the day of launch. If you can't troubleshoot or can't deal with having a few issues here or there, you should probably just wait until about a week from now and a few patches will be out and all these little problems will be fixed.

Funny that these "little problems" aren't on any other platform other than pc eh? Please explain to me how you actually believe there was quality development for the pc port when the reviews for the console version have been praising how optimized the game is?

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Man everyone in here is a bunch of babies... Look, every game released now is going to have problems the day of launch. If you can't troubleshoot or can't deal with having a few issues here or there, you should probably just wait until about a week from now and a few patches will be out and all these little problems will be fixed.

While this is true, it's bullshit that they release games in this state. There is a reason why PC ports are sometimes delayed a few weeks. It's to fix shit like this. The fact that they had to limit it to 30 fps by default means they new it was busted.

Woof, guess I'll be waiting a while before I decide to pick this up on PC.

I've been pretty furious with Nvidia lately as well. Ever since the Witcher 3 drivers I've had the display driver crash every now and then which never happened before. Can't they get their shit together?

hlhbk

It's pretty fucked up that this is sitting at a 91 metacritic, and after 2+ hours of playing I can't enjoy a single minute of it due to the performance. 60's dipping into 20's. Even capping it 30 has it dropping to mid to low 20's, despite all settings on low.

680 SLI (2GB)

i5-3570K @ 4.2

16GB RAM - Windows 7

The reviews are for the well optimized console version. The PC version wasn't released for review.

komorebi

Frame rate is shitting the bed when gliding around, as others reported earlier. Game looks beautiful but it really is horribly optimized (or rather unoptimized).

4770k/MSI 980
All settings "max" except the Gameworks stuff. 1080p.

Also the PS button prompts don't show up with a DS4 unless I connect via USB. If I run it with bluetooth it defaults to the usual Xbox button prompts.

Does this game look kind of blurry and maybe a bit bad to anyone else? I played Arkham City maxed as recently as this week and I feel it looked cleaner than this.

I7 4790k

Everything is as high as it goes, game works off though.

abuC

I just verified integrity of game cache and 4553 files failed to validate, I had actually started the game prior to that too lol.

Judging by this thread...it may be in their best interests to keep those higher settings locked away :)

I mean...I have a GTX 970 and the benchmark was giving me 75-110 FPS with the normal (not so good looking) textures. Don't see why it wouldn't let me go to high...

Megasoum

Banned
So I left the 30fps cap thing in the ini file since I actually don't mind 30fps (lets me max out the graphics) but then I have two problems

1-The CG Cutscenes actually run at around 50fps for some reason which makes them really weird looking

2-The game is not smooth even if technically the FPS is stable at 30... I get itching when the camera is panning... Really annoying.

Caleb187

Trying now.

Edit: still nothing. No input recognized from my dualshock 4 at all. Wtf.

I had the same problem, with or without inputmapper. Had to get the controller in exclusive mode rather than shared mode, then it worked. This can be a bit tricky in windows10 but it's possible.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
The most troubling aspect of all this is that they never fixed Arkham City. To this day it runs like absolute garbage even on a 970, unless you put it in DX9 mode.

I did a data integrity check, it removed 4300 files. LOL! Now it's trying to download the game again, at 33.8 GB.

I just ordered the PS4 version as backup and if this doesn't get straightened out tomorrow, I'll just see if GMG will offer a refund or if not, I'll go the paypal route of getting a refund for being sold a broken game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I agree that no one should ever pre-order anything or buy anything the day of launch, but I suspect publishers would not agree with us so it's probably in their vested interest to avoid pissing off the "bunch of babies" by releasing stuff broken at release.

Does this game look kind of blurry and maybe a bit bad to anyone else? I played Arkham City maxed as recently as this week and I feel it looked cleaner than this.

I7 4790k

Everything is as high as it goes, game works off though.

Yeah, there's something off about it. It looks better for sure but the footage shown in trailers looked way better for some reason.

I'm mostly pissed off about film grain.

With my stock clock i5 4690k and Gigabyte 970 I got min 53, high 60, and avg 59. For some reason can't put textures higher than normal though?

MattyG

Banned
Yeah, I really want this film grain shit to get patched out or something. It looks so bad. Why do developers constantly feel the need to put bullshit like that in that makes the game look 10x worse?

Is there actually supposed to be a high texture setting?
That's what I'm wondering too. If the stuttering got fixed, I'm sure my 970 could handle higher textures.

/sigh :( I know my PC isn't the beefiest machine out there, but I feel like this game is not running like it should. I got a i5 CPU, with 8 gigs of RAM, and a GTX 760 ti card...and as soon as I got the batmobile, things starting running like shit. When I interrogated the guy, it was like a slideshow sometimes.

I don't even have most things turned up, I'm running everything on normal, and all the geforce effects disabled. Any suggestions? :/

baphomet

Well for what it's worth my setup isn't too bad. I've got 2 970s overclocked up around a 980, and I'm using 1 as a dedicated physx card.

I'm getting around 100fps flying around, 80 on the ground, and 50-60 in the batmobile. This is with everything completely maxed out, including the gameworks stuff. I am getting a few drops of 10-15fps occasionally when things get hectic. Thankfully with a gsync monitor its barely noticeable. In fact I wouldn't notice if it weren't for the steam framecounter. My main complaint is microstuttering in the fmvs.

The game is definitely an unoptimized piece of shit right now, but thankfully it's totally serviceable for me.

jett

D-Member
The stuttering in this game is FUCKING AWFUL.

Like it stops randomly for a full second while gliding. That's on top of regular stuttering. FRAPS shows that it goes over 60fps, for some reason, despite me locking it to 60.

This is unplayable.

I don't even want to play this right now, even if it gets fixed. The taste in my mouth is sour as fuck.

Worst is I can't even get a refund.

Eat shit WB. Eat fucking shit.

CPU/GPU: 4670K/280X

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well I think this is the first major triple A cock up since Steam started offering refunds, will be interesting to see the steamspy #'s.

JohngPR

My rig:

i7 4770k OC'd to 4.5mhz
Sapphire HD 7970 OC'd
8GB RAM

Before the patch the game was almost unplayable. The framerate would hit the teens when I'd dive bomb to catch air while gliding. I downloaded the 15.6 Beta which helped IMMENSELY. No more dips to the teens, but the game still goes into 30fps when it dips below a certain amount...I changed the FPS to 60...I'll have to see if there is any settings to stop the game from going to 30 when there are a few dips.

I'd say my average frame rate is around 45 FPS but it's fairly inconsistent. At least now it's playable.

Top Bottom