• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Rizzi

Gemüsepizza;169536131 said:
https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/with_replies

tweet1cephx.png

tweet22vrdp.png

Ah yes, "some".

And to think I missed out on an extra $10 reward zone certificate just to play it on PC with a 980 ti. This may be the first time that was the wrong thing to do.

Two hours last night with zero issues. Supposed to swap it out tomorrow for a 980ti.

I've got a 970, and the Batmobile settings are mostly smooth for me when locked at 30.

That said, I'm running Windows 10 and AK is on an SSD. It seems like a total crapshoot. A friend of mine has a stronger system, has AK on an SSD and using Windows 8.1 and he said his stutter is so bad he can't even glide let alone drive the batmobile.

Which drivers, btw?

RulkezX

You're right, that's a crazy conspiracy theory.

Ambient occlusion settings are present in the System Settings INI.

You can turn off motion blur in the INI file mentioned in the OP.

Editing the Ini past removing the cap either has no effect or actively crashes the game.

jg4xchamp

I get framerate stutters and dips, but with the rain and lighting on (no smoke or fog), I get 60 frames at 1080p, with level of detail and shadows on high, and texture resolution on normal (no high option).

No crashes or anything like that, so I'm happy about that. But the overall performance could be cleaner and I'd like some basic graphics options back, much less advanced ones at this point.

Probably because they look worse than console? Or at the best of times equal?

They most certainly are not "high"

There's a ridiculous streaming bug on the PC, where higher detail textures take ages to load in (or don't load in at all), but when everything's working properly, the textures seem almost identical across platforms, with the PC having the edge in most cases. Unless you have some comparison shots that show otherwise...

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So guys. What do you think. Should I just bench this for a couple of weeks until they sort it out?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Buying NV cards for GW features like some random paper clippings flying around just tells them that PC gamers want more and like proprietary graphics effects. That only harms PC gaming in long run.

That might be true, but until AMD gets pretty looking features im sadly going to stick with pricey Nvid and their eye candy smoke and stuff.

You're right, that's a crazy conspiracy theory.

Ambient occlusion settings are present in the System Settings INI.

You can turn off motion blur in the INI file mentioned in the OP.
Except changing anything other than the FPS limit causes your game to crash on start up and even has a chance of deleting your game. Causing you to reinstall it. Has happened to people in here as well. You can't edit anything in the INI other than the FPS.

astonish

Glad I bought my 970 for this :/ Benched until it's fixed. All the other Batman games had amazing PC support even for somewhat niche things like 3D Vision. Don't understand how this version went so south.

komorebi

Älg;169541072 said:
Steamworks works pretty well doesn't it? What's there to complain about?

DRM itself isn't the problem here. We don't even know what effect Denuvo is having, if anything. But going by other games in the past there's a possibility its contributing to an already batshit port but as of now Denuvo is way down the list of complaints.

Can you refund it? Refund this shit and buy it again when it's fixed. It'll probably be cheaper by then*, too.

*this ain't getting fixed soon

I wouldn't go that far just yet.

tiong_fi

No problems here, works fine with a steady 30FPS using the best possible settings for my machine (medium textures, others high) - i5 3570K, 16GB DDR3 and HD7950 3GB.

Editing the Ini past removing the cap either has no effect or actively crashes the game.

Not true for everyone?

I've used it to increase anisotropic filtering, turn off depth of field and disable lens flares.

I was able to confirm that lens flares were disabled by comparing before and after in the benchmarking tool.

i5-4690k 4.5Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
MSI 980 1.4Ghz
Crucial MX200

tuxfool

Banned
Agreed.

Putting the game down and waiting to finish Witcher 3. I got about another 100hrs on that game anyway. Fuck this shit. I can't believe there is no CRUCIAL ambient occlusion!!

Amazing that you didn't notice until somebody told you. Amazing that it took 30 pages for somebody to mention it.

Pavaloo

So I uncapped the framerate on I'm consistently getting around 40-50 frames per second on my 7950. Occasional dips to mid 30s when entering a new area or something, but fine otherwise. Occasionally goes to 60 when not looking at anything particularly exciting.

*shrug*

Älg

I wouldn't go that far just yet.

Honestly, I don't think that's such a crazy thing to say. In my experience, performance issues are the ones that are the least likely to get fixed, and the performane issues here are pretty massive.

boskee

Huh, so Iron Galaxy was responsible for the PC version?

Wonder what that spells out for their Killer Instinct port.

I don't think it's fair to point finger at Iron Galaxy without knowing the details such as budget, deadlines and so on. At the end of the day all blame should be directed at WB who published this game knowing full well about its problems.

I just played with everything maxed and left the 30fps lock in there. In some scenes it goes above it but most it sits at 30. The game isn't graphically stunning, like at all. Everything looks blurred and washed out. I am working on an impressions video of it but it so far isn't anything to write home about. Haven't seen the stuttering yet.

Quite happy with the performance so far. Running The Knight in 2880x1620, everything maxed out and framecap at 35, never dips below 30. 1080p with PhsyX off is 55-60 mainly but there are dips to the lower 40s sometimes. Don`t like that.

my rig: FX8350, 980 GTX, 8GB RAM.

I don't think it's fair to point finger at Iron Galaxy without knowing the details such as budget, deadlines and so on. At the end of the day all blame should be directed at WB who published this game knowing full well about its problems.
Yeah, we have no idea of how this game was made, or what working conditions were like at Iron Galaxy. WB are the one to direct your ire towards.

Zkzb.jpg

At least the hair is better. What res is the pc running in the video? Might explain how its generally better looking minus AO

Xbox is pretty darn blurry overall, must 900p or something

Kinthalis

Banned
So I uncapped the framerate on I'm consistently getting around 40-50 frames per second on my 7950. Occasional dips to mid 30s when entering a new area or something, but fine otherwise. Occasionally goes to 60 when not looking at anything particularly exciting.

*shrug*

I hate you guys! ;)

Uh oh, am I turning this thread into an unbearably hostile place again? Bad me!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Any other 970 owners care to comment on their experiences? The batmobile sections run like dog shit, a lot of freezing and stuttering

You have to say that if those sections run fine on Xbox One with it's relatively weak CPU/GPU running on a modified version of DirectX then what the fuck have the PC devs been doing if a i5 and GTX 970 runs like shit. Really. What the fuck have they been doing.

Geforce just gave me a popup that read "New optimal settings have been downloaded".

LMAO It put all of the AK settings from average to low.

AlterOdin

Wow, this runs really shitty.

980TI, i7@4.2, 8GBRAM

At 1080p all "maxed" I get 45-35 fps when gliding across city-roads. (Get 60 when not moving much). And I doesn't look that great.

And yeah thought the diner-intro looked real shitty for some reason, guess it was AO. Tried to enable it in the config file, but no dice. Seems there is a lot configuration that are disabled, that is: 0 or False value in the ini.

Is this the same guys that did the Origin port? Had that maxed on my old 680 2GB and was smooth as butter (with the nvidia effects enabled).

cyberheater

Best to get a refund and rebuy it once the problems are fixed. I am shit out luck though since I did the gmg deal...

Can you refund it? Refund this shit and buy it again when it's fixed. It'll probably be cheaper by then*, too.

*this ain't getting fixed soon

It was a freebie when I bought my GTX970 so I could play this game. Fuck.

pahamrick

The Nvidia streamer also has some of the gameworks features turned off (smoke and fog, for sure). At least he had it off when I was watching the Batmobile introduction during the stream.

Yeah, this. Publishers should be willing to give developers the time necessary to do their jobs, and if the time they want isn't enough time, they need to push release dates back and/or give the jobs to other developers and/or straight-up cancel jobs. Customers shouldn't have to take a risk on games working when they release.

Top Bottom