• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight On PC Is Not Very Good [UP: WB suspends future sales until fix]

Who is responsible for this mess of a port?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DSix

Banned
Oh, fuck, I got the 30€ GMG version. I guess I'll just let it sit here in my library then... until either it'll get patched or my future PC overpowers it.

Never heard of this before, but it's amusing me.

jxlCu1g.png

d0GaWIm.png

XD8Rwxy.png

MuZ1t3j.png

Lol I bought Mortal Kombat x and Batman...woe is me

Mortal Kombat is still a piece of shit to this day

So why couldn't they just delay this if it clearly wasn't finished/broken mess?

I was really looking forward to this game, but now I've been convinced not to buy it. Glad I didn't pre-order...

I don't understand how they were showing it at 60, and then releasing it with a seemingly on purpose 30 lock. Did they just rush the PC port and realize they weren't getting it stable in time, so instead of delaying it they threw on a 30FPS cap and got rid of some effects?

Mortal Kombat is still a piece of shit to this day

I honestly don't have much hope for this. I'm sure they'll get it running a bit better, but I really fucking doubt they manage to get to a rock solid 60FPS and make the game better looking (adding the PS4 rain effects).

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I don't understand how they were showing it at 60, and then releasing it with a seemingly on purpose 30 lock. Did they just rush the PC port and realize they weren't getting it stable in time, so instead of delaying it they threw on a 30FPS cap and got rid of some effects?

Yes.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...formance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/m-p/572903#U572903

"The Recommended Spec is intended to deliver an experience on par with the current generation of gaming platforms."

lol get bent WB

Technically, it's impossible for us to have an experience "on par" with the consoles since the PC version is missing things like AO and the rain effect on Batman's face. Who knows what else is missing.

What a bunch of assholes, man.

And the 30 fps comment...that's just 100% trolling right there. They know exactly how pc gamers would react to that.

TeaFan

I'll get my refund and that's it. People buying it again on ps4 is just giving them more cash. Fuck em, I'll just not play their game

Mashing

Well, atleast I only spent $33. Atleast the game is itself is good despite the technical problems. Hhahaaaahhuuggh, :(

Protomanx13

Neo Member
If they don't fix this pc port in the following month or 2, I say we all should boycott WB next release game, Mad Max. We seriously can't let these big studio have their way any more

m_dorian

Thanks to its pricing i decided to get the GotY edition when one comes. Any port problems (which seem to be many according to this thread) will hopefully be solved by then.

Well, atleast I only spent $33. Atleast the game is itself is good despite the technical problems. Hhahaaaahhuuggh, :(

I'm a complete idiot... I bought it with the season pass for $54... the deal was just too good to pass up. I didn't know about the DRM or that they had outsourced the port.

fokkusu

There is a chance Feral devs will make it work on Linux. Time to make dual boot machine after Windows reinstall (Windows 10).

Mashing

I'm a complete idiot... I bought it with the season pass for $54... the deal was just too good to pass up. I didn't know about the DRM or that they had outsourced the port.

Me either, I jumped on it when it started getting good reviews not paying attention to which version they were reviewing. Never again.

MattyG

Banned
WB games just joined Ubisoft games in my "buy on console only at launch" category. So glad I got it for free with a purchase I was making anyway.

I'm going to pick up a PS4 copy tomorrow and not worry about it anymore, because this shit ain't getting fixed for a fucking while.

Minimum Hardware Specs
(or equivalent)
Resolution: 1280x720
V-Sync: Off
Anti-Aliasing: Off
Texture Resolution: Low
Shadow Quality: Low
Level of Detail: Low
Interactive Smoke/Fog: Off
Interactive Paper Debris: Off
Enhanced Rain: Off
Enhanced Light Shafts: Off

Expected: 30fps (capped)

Seven hundred and twenty motherfucking pee on a PC, Jesus Christ in heaven. My 2GB 670GTX has absolutely no problem with Witcher 3 at 1080p30 and a mix of High and Ultra settings, yet Arkham Knight is treating it like a laptop with an integrated graphics chip. I need to see some goddamn sizable patches in the very near future.

SparkTR

I'm not understanding, why is everyone upset at this? Isn't this basically saying that "Medium" settings on PC get you the console quality, and then there's still Ultra settings beyond that?

Sorry, I know I'm dumb. Just curious

Console versions look better at any settings.

hamchan

WB games just joined Ubisoft games in my "buy on console only at launch" category. So glad I got it for free with a purchase I was making anyway.

I'm going to pick up a PS4 copy tomorrow and not worry about it anymore, because this shit ain't getting fixed for a fucking while.

It's easier for me to just put them on my "Don't buy on anything until it's $5" category than rewarding them by paying more for their games on console.

prudislav

Its gonna be fun to watch this trainwreck from afar ... refunded right after I read it has hidden form of DRM and first performance impressions started to appear.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm just going to wait this out. If it's not fixed by the Steam winter sale then maybe I'll get the PS4 version. Maybe.

Wait a fucking second, PS4 version has better graphical effects? How the fuck is that even possible?

It defies belief, but it's happened before, like when some effects were broken on a couple Lego games on PC. (Lego Movie, Lego Hobbit come to mind.) Shit ports. But at least the Lego stuff runs well, solid 120fps maxed at 4K on a 980, or so I've heard. I played them v-synced at 4K/60 on a 970. No drops ever but I don't know how high it would have been uncapped.

MattyG

Banned
WB just joined the "only buy used or on PC for under $5" category.

It's easier for me to just put them on my "Don't buy on anything until it's $5" category than rewarding them by paying more for their games on console.
Alas, my convictions aren't as strong as yours. If it was a series I didn't give a fuck about, I'd be all for it, but Batman... I can't wait that long to play this, especially not after playing a couple hours of it already.

jacobeid

Banned
Alas, my convictions aren't as strong as yours. If it was a series I didn't give a fuck about, I'd be all for it, but Batman... I can't wait that long to play this, especially not after playing a couple hours of it already.

Tell me about it. I rarely replay games and I've replayed all of the Arkham games (including Origins) at least three times through. This is painful for me because more than anything I just want to play the game, but after this experience I can't see myself enjoying it. Too much pent up frustration toward this situation to enjoy myself for the time being.

GameFly conveniently sent me an e-mail to restart my membership for $8. I did that for a month to play the game on PS4. I just won't be buying the season pass or purchasing any WB games in the future.

Salsa

I played 70 hours of The WItcher 3 on my 2gig 680 with textures on ULTRA without dropping a single frame from locked 30fps and even reaching 45fps in most areas if unlocked. Almost every other setting on Ultra too.

this is how those look

d91ggJZ.jpg

this is what Rocksteady says I should aim for in terms of textures with this same card for not even stable 25fps

1EAvWgn.jpg

help

Slash

Banned
I kinda feel like WB needs to remove the game from steam and other pc online stores until they fix this shit, which may be never or half hearted, what a mess.

Top Bottom