• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - The Voices of Arkham

strafer

Well, since this is the last game they better spend all that money on something.

Getting some famous faces and shit.

Gotta love the UI

CEaFbMLWIAAmUM6.png:large

Anung

Un Rama
Nice! I really like Jonathan Banks and always thought Gordon's voice acting was meh in the other games so this is nice. John Noble is going to kill it as Scarecrow.

Asd202

Yeah they better not fucking replace Harley.

"Banks, Greene, Noble and Porter join an ensemble cast that includes fan-favorites Kevin Conroy, who returns as Batman; Tara Strong as Harley Quinn; Troy Baker as Two-Face and Nolan North as Penguin."

Right there in youtube video description.

strafer

"Banks, Greene, Noble and Porter join an ensemble cast that includes fan-favorites Kevin Conroy, who returns as Batman; Tara Strong as Harley Quinn; Troy Baker as Two-Face and Nolan North as Penguin."

Sorry, I have descriptions disabled.

Johndoey

Banned
What about the interrogation in this video
I more meant there are times in Origins where Smith is straight up yelling but it works for him. I just don't find the direct comparison between Smith and Comroy to hold much water, different takes on the character and all.

AdaWong

A lot of us are watching this embedded in Gaf, can't blame us.

I more meant there are times in Origins where Smith is straight up yelling but it works for him. I just don't find the direct comparison between Smith and Comroy to hold much water, different takes on the character and all.

The comparison makes sense though. Different takes, yet still the same character.

Even taking that into consideration, I still find Smith's performance achieved what it was going for better than what Conroy's was going for in Asylum/City. Conroy at his best is the best voice for Batman and Bruce Wayne across all mediums, but in the Arkham games it just hasn't been as good as it has elsewhere.

b0bbyJ03

I will appreciate the voice talent while I play this game but I always see hiring big name actors as such a waste of money. There are so many talented unknowns out there that could do a great job for a fraction of the price.

The comparison makes sense though. Different takes, yet still the same character.

Even taking that into consideration, I still find Smith's performance achieved what it was going for better than what Conroy's was going for in Asylum/City. Conroy at his best is the best voice for Batman and Bruce Wayne across all mediums, but in the Arkham games it just hasn't been as good as it has elsewhere.

Which is crazy because he even did a much better job with DC Universe Online.

Reule

Well, at least Nightwing will actually talk in this one. Not familiar with Scott Porter but I'm sure he'll do a good job. Troy Baker's Nightwing in Injustce was pretty fun but I guess they didn't want him to voice him the entire cast.

man Conroy is getting old.

Roger delivered lines better but Conroy's voice is good. Conroy was flat in AC.

Hamill still no. 1 but Baker is more than acceptable.

dralla

Not sure I like all these villains. There was too many in City and none of them ever got development. I fear the same thing will happen again

Everything was a little on the "emotionless monotone" side, but I guess that's somewhat down to the nature of these characters.

Isn't "one main villain gathers the other villains so they can work together to expose Batman" pretty much the plot of every Arkham game? lol

Top Bottom