• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - The Voices of Arkham

Not sure I like all these villains. There was too many in City and none of them ever got development. I fear the same thing will happen again

I would argue that the majority of the villains in City had decent back story and motivation. Except for maybe Deadshot, Mad Hatter and Clayface.

strafer

I would argue that the majority of the villains in City had decent back story and motivation. Except for maybe Deadshot, Mad Hatter and Clayface.

I think
Hush
will make a return in AK, seeing as his mission ended really quick.

Same with that other dude, can't remember his name, which said the end times are coming.

delSai

I think
Hush
will make a return in AK, seeing as his mission ended really quick.

Same with that other dude, can't remember his name, which said the end times are coming.
Azrael? He was in one of the trailers. And the one in the spoiler better be there

erawsd

Not sure I like all these villains. There was too many in City and none of them ever got development. I fear the same thing will happen again

The problem with City wasn't that there was too many villains, I'd much rather have a brief encounter with Mad Hatter or a boss fight with Grundy than some other random goon. The problem with City's story was that the Strange storyline is poorly strung together and gets shoved to a dark corner by the Joker plotline anyway. In fact, the stuff with all the villains fighting over territory and seeing that evolve over the game is probably the best thing about it and I wish they had focused more on that aspect.

jrush64

Banned
Any chance of the
Joker
making an appearance. I know about Arkham City but
the Lazarus pits could bring him back
or something.

Joker
will be there, dead or alive. We have Scarecrow.

My theory is
we will get a nightmare scene with him which will be great.

strafer

Any chance of the
Joker
or something.

I really really hope he doesn't appear. As much as I love him we've seen him in three games already. Enough is enough.

Fury451

Banned
Great cast! Banks as Gordon is such a cool idea.

The one holdover I hope is there is Wally Wingert as Riddler. He did such an amazing balance of arrogant, egotistical, and childish. He pretty much is that character in my mind now.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Any chance of the
Joker
or something.

If anything in a flashback or Scarecrow nightmare.

And they will just use a recorded laugh from AC. Hamill is not back and so won't be The Joker.

strafer

Nolan North goes all out with his performance.

https://twitter.com/nolan_north/status/596331903017357314

In honor of #ArkhamKnight and Penguin, I just jammed a bottle of water into my eye!

CEaYs4oVIAEdpI7.jpg:large

d00d3n

I liked the video until all the actors started to gush about how excited they were about the batmobile. I think there are better ways to communicate the central public relations message of Arkham Knight than ordering the voice cast to insincerely sell a feature that they don't seem to care about.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I liked the video until all the actors started to gush about how excited they were about the batmobile in various ways. I think there are better ways to communicate the central public relations message of Arkham Knight than ordering the voice cast to insincerely sell a feature that they don't seem to care about.

lol yeah i agree.

Skilletor

If Barbara is in a wheelchair, how can she Bat(girl)?

Edit: Oh, wait, it's a prequel, isn't it? Maybe it'll show how Joker put her there.

Jhoan

Yeah, the voice actors suddenly talking about how excited they are about the Batmobile was so awkward and out of place. Rocksteady is trying super hard to sell it as being the big thing to be excited for even though the Batmobile only sections look pretty lame at best. The on foot sections are still going to be the best parts.

I LOL'ed at Conroy reading his lines in the beginning about breaking every bone in that dude's body. Makes it sound like he's phoning it in so I'm a bit worried. The other voice actors sound great for the most part that they're pretty excited about it.

Conroy is great in TAS, not so good in the Arkham games. For some reason he didn't gel with the medium. Possibly the Voice Director's fault? I dunno.

During TAS, the actors would be in the same room together, which made conversations more natural since the person you're talking to is right there. Especially when you had someone as animated as Hamill in there with them.

In the Arkham games, it's solo recordings, which Conroy commented was an awkward change.

EDIT: Found a link
http://www.wired.com/2011/10/arkham-city-kevin-conroy/

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
During TAS, the actors would be in the same room together, which made conversations more natural since the person you're talking to is right there. Especially when you had someone as animated as Hamill in there with them.

In the Arkham games, it's solo recordings, which Conroy commented was an awkward change.

Well, that certainly explains it. Cheers.

Dr Dogg

Should be Robert Llewellyn doing one of the spare head Kryten voices

Hahaha. I don't care if it's DLC that costs £10, do it Rocksteady. Spare Head 3 would be awesome or Talkie Toaster.

Saying that despite me joking I wouldn't be surprised if the Batmobie had a voice. Something like Siri but the sultry American woman not the surly British bloke we got.

Hahaha. I don't care if it's DLC that costs £10, do it Rocksteady. Spare Head 3 would be awesome or Talkie Toaster.

Saying that despite me joking I wouldn't be surprised if the Batmobie had a voice. Something like Siri but the sultry American woman not the surly British bloke we got.

The computer voice would be great for reading character bios while the player runs/drives around. I like the background those bios/stories give, but I don't necessarily want to sit in a menu reading them all. Even if they could be read from Batman's wrist hologram thing, that'd still be better in my opinion.

Dr Dogg

The computer voice would be great for reading character bios while the player runs/drives around. I like the background those bios/stories give, but I don't necessarily want to sit in a menu reading them all. Even if they could be read from Batman's wrist hologram thing, that'd still be better in my opinion.

I didn't think of that. Definitely could be something good and not have to be idley sat in a menu for audio Case Files.

jett

D-Member
I like Kevin Conroy's "regular voice" better than this forced Batman voice.

Not naming the Arkham Knight's voice actor is highly suspicious. Highly suspicious I say.

Xux

I'm glad Troy Baker's back as Dent. What little was there in Arkham City was great and I'd love to see him play a bigger role.

Jonathan Banks as Gordon is terrible. Gordon in the game isn't that old. Really putting off honestly. On the other hand, John Noble as Scarecrow is perfect.

Shaanyboi

Banned
But Conroy can't channel that anger that Smith can. His Interrogations sounds awkward.

I'm gonna say a lot of Conroy's performances in these games sound awkward. Reading these lines by himself in a room as opposed to sitting with the rest of the cast like they usually do has hurt his performance greatly.

Nothing really hit the heights or range he got to play with in Justice League or the rest of the DCAU. The Arkham games are just... gruff and angry.

Zaventem

Never understood what getting high paid celebs for voice acting would do for your game with the exception of name dropping.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Never understood what getting high paid celebs for voice acting would do for your game with the exception of name dropping.

I don't know that John Noble is a "high paid celeb." He has a great quality to his voice. And if you've watched Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul (particularly the final scene in the episode '5-0'), then there's really no reason to question Jonathan Banks' ability to play a broken tired cop.

Top Bottom