• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - The Voices of Arkham

I don't know that John Noble is a "high paid celeb." He has a great quality to his voice. And if you've watched Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul (particularly the final scene in the episode '5-0'), then there's really no reason to question Jonathan Banks' ability to play a broken tired cop.
If Gordon were a 65-70 year old mayor then the voice would have been a perfect fit but right now it's very mismatched.

John Noble otoh sounds so good as Scarecrow.

I can see what Zaventem means in the case of The Evil Within. Both the leads had terrible VA in that game. The wtf video.

If Gordon were a 65-70 year old mayor then the voice would have been a perfect fit but right now it's very mismatched.

Who's to say Gordon isn't 60+ though? At this point, the youngest major Robin has made it to at least 18 or so. In these games, Batman could be pushing 40 now (and he's voiced by a 60-year-old here).

Who's to say Gordon isn't 60+ though? At this point, the youngest major Robin has made it to at least 18 or so. In these games, Batman could be pushing 40 now (and he's voiced by a 60-year-old here).
Yeah but Conroy really masks it very well with his voice change that I don't feel like it's someone that old voicing Batman. It was the same when I played The Walking Dead and found out that the person voicing Lee was 60+. But it isn't the case with Banks here, he's simply using his normal 'Mike' voice which makes Gordon sound way too geriatric.

I'm not denying Commissioner Mike sounds old, I'm just wondering where it's been indicated that Gordon isn't that old at this point. If it was confirmed Arkham Origins was canon with Rocksteady's Arkham games and a concrete time frame between them was given, then sure. Going by just Asylum, City and Knight, there's not much to indicate Gordon's age, and even his UE3 Gears-looking model had white hair and looked old.

Since the Arkham games include references to almost every Batman storyline from the comics, it stands to reason to assume he's been Batman for a really long time in these games. Gordon already had (at least) a teenager by the time Batman came into being since it's confirmed Barbara was Batgirl at some point years prior to Asylum. Say he had her at 25 or 30 — That would put him at 40 or 45 when he first met Batman. 10 to 15 years of Bat adventures later, he'd be in his 50s and would sound old. He could conceivably have been older than 30 when he had Barbara which would push him into the 60s range. Banks sounds the same in Better Call Saul as he did on Breaking Bad, and he was in his early 60s then.

Gordon is an old man

Parshias7

Is Rocksteady contractually obligated to mention the Batmobile in every piece of marketing?

"We've put together a great cast of actors to provide voices to our game, here are some of heroes and villains - OH WAIT DID I MENTION YOU GET A CAR?!?!?!?"

Shaanyboi

Banned
Is Rocksteady contractually obligated to mention the Batmobile in every piece of marketing?

"We've put together a great cast of actors to provide voices to our game, here are some of heroes and villains - OH WAIT DID I MENTION YOU GET A CAR?!?!?!?"
Pretty much my thoughts... there is zero reason for these actors to be talking about that facet to such a degree.

I am excited as fuck for the game but I find the way they're marketing it to be exceptionally awkward and transparent.

Top Bottom