• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Dynamic3

Half of the customization options are missing in the out of game menu and I can barely discern the skins because of the lighting, the fuck is this?

WillyFive

Quitting a match after the round is over takes over a minute, wtf.

That's because the game doesn't let you do anything once it starts to load a map. It's the same thing that happens with Battlefront and why BF1 didn't even come with a Quit button at first, because it's pointless.

jaaz

The additional tickets have made Operations games last way too long now. If the teams are anywhere organized, be prepared to spend an hour or more per game. Holding a sector is a grind that never ends. It just gets boring holding the same two flags for as long as you need to in order to get the tickets to 0. Frankly I like the old Operations better. It did not need such a huge buff.

Also, it seems they've actually made the Hellreigel and Model 10-A hunter shotgun better. The supposed recoil nerf on the Hellreigel is almost non-existent (I have 10 service stars on it), but boy the slower time to overheat isn't. And the Model 10-A... DICE was that supposed to be a nerf? Because you've just made the shotgun a more consistent killer at all ranges! (lol)

Overall, pretty good patch. However, weapon balance still leaves a lot to be desired. Lmgs are still trash tier. Also every Assault player is using the Hunter, but I don’t care because I’m abusing it now. If you can’t beat them, join them. Also just a lot of useless weapons because other weapons are better, like the Selb 1906. Hopefully, they do another balance pass when we get that free map. That should be the next update, sometime in December.

Top 10 weapons and Hunter has my highest KPM, who would have guessed. My Hunter and Auto have pretty much the same playtime, however the Hunter has over 130 kills more, lol.

rqJgVuA.png

The additional tickets have made Operations games last way too long now. If the teams are anywhere organized, be prepared to spend an hour or more per game. Holding a sector is a grind that never ends. It just gets boring holding the same two flags for as long as you need to in order to get the tickets to 0. Frankly I like the old Operations better. It did not need such a huge buff.

Also, it seems they've actually made the Hellreigel and Model 10-A hunter shotgun better. The supposed recoil nerf on the Hellreigel is almost non-existent (I have 10 service stars on it), but boy the slower time to overheat isn't. And the Model 10-A... DICE was that supposed to be a nerf? Because you've just made the shotgun a more consistent killer at all ranges! (lol)

Yeah, operations takes too long now. It's like Dota but less engaging.

jeffc919

It would suck it if's the same. Buying a PRO is like upgrading your GFX cards. If it's the same then I'm returning my PRO.

It is not the same. I may not have the eye to see the difference between pre-patch and post-patch on the Pro (especially since I can't do a side by side comparison), but the Pro version still looks and runs better than the base PS4 version ever did.

I have not played Argonne Forest yet post-patch though so I can't comment on it.

Massa

That's because the game automatically loads the next map in rotation.

IIRC a DICE developer has mentioned they cannot change this.

That's because the game doesn't let you do anything once it starts to load a map. It's the same thing that happens with Battlefront and why BF1 didn't even come with a Quit button at first, because it's pointless.

Makes sense, thanks.

God damn do I ever hate trying to quit this game.

I know alt+f4 works, but the cloud saves don't always sync. Even with the newly introduced Quit button being more prominent, it almost always continually loads to a quit.

Edit: I see a reason posted above. But holy shit, it's terrible if they can't fix it or make it faster.

hoserx

The flickering in SLI with the new patch (and any driver combination) is really annoying. Hoping for a hotfix. I'm just gonna go to bed and hope something is done by tomorrow. (lol, Dice. right.)

Raiden

Banned
Is there a community thread for BF1 players? Basically, if any games are on for PS4 add me "MalkoBE" i am pretty decent. Not great, but decent.

Half of the customization options are missing in the out of game menu and I can barely discern the skins because of the lighting, the fuck is this?

Yeah, my dlc weapons don't show up in it, and I can't customize guns either.

If I enter that menu it spend like 2 minutes loading and at the end it trashes my loadouts.

The Dude

Overall, pretty good patch. However, weapon balance still leaves a lot to be desired. Lmgs are still trash tier. Also every Assault player is using the Hunter, but I don’t care because I’m abusing it now. If you can’t beat them, join them. Also just a lot of useless weapons because other weapons are better, like the Selb 1906. Hopefully, they do another balance pass when we get that free map. That should be the next update, sometime in December.

Top 10 weapons and Hunter has my highest KPM, who would have guessed. My Hunter and Auto have pretty much the same playtime, however the Hunter has over 130 kills more, lol.

rqJgVuA.png

Where you find those stars, in the app? Scoring that app, can't find anything. Or is that on a tracker website?

ronco2000

It is not the same. I may not have the eye to see the difference between pre-patch and post-patch on the Pro (especially since I can't do a side by side comparison), but the Pro version still looks and runs better than the base PS4 version ever did.

I have not played Argonne Forest yet post-patch though so I can't comment on it.

On that note, can someone provide a comparison between OG, PRE-PATCH AND POST-PATCH.

LMG's are still bad in my opinion. I'm finding it hard to play this game that much anymore because they're usually my favorite weapon in Battlefield games and most, if not all FPS games, and unless Dice changes their mind on the bizarre mechanic they introduced to them, I don't know how much can be done to fix it. Dice did a ton of great stuff with this game, but stuff like this, and some other things are very disappointing to me.

Where you find those stars, in the app? Scoring that app, can't find anything. Or is that on a tracker website?

Yeah, I was just using the app.

Any suggestions on good sidearms? I use them so infrequently I don't even know if they're the same between classes.

If you don't feel like trying different ones just use the 1911, it's universal and actually good. Some of the best pistols are the ones with the highest RoF. They all have different names for the classes, so just look for the one that has 450 rpm.

Surfinn

Didn't see anything about this but.. Did they fix tank hits not registering on other tanks? Seems like it happens a lot when the target is driving down a hill or slightly angled downward. Three shots in a row failed to reg for me yesterday on an enemy tank.

-SG

Didn't see anything about this but.. Did they fix tank hits not registering on other tanks? Seems like it happens a lot when the target is driving down a hill or slightly angled downward. Three shots in a row failed to reg for me yesterday on an enemy tank.

Is that a bug or is it just the shot deflecting off of the other tank's armour? That's what I always assumed was happening anyway.

Agent

Started using the M1909 Benet-Mercie Storm LMG tonight in my quest to get rank 10 support. I'm actually really enjoying the gun and having success with it. I definitely don't see myself playing too much support after getting it to rank 10 though. The gadgets are not as compelling to use when compared to the other classes, and way more situational outside of the ammo crate.

A few other random thoughts post-patch:
-While I appreciate finally adding a quit button, it's not as fun that it takes twice as long to end an operations game now. Before when you were on the final stats screen, it instantly went back to the menu when selecting quit.
-Same goes for the menu soldier customization. I thought it was glitching for as long as it took to finally load. Then when it did it didn't fully work. I hope they add vehicle customization as that is way more useful outside of the game since you can only do it when one is available to spawn into.

Overall, those are two minor issues in the grand scheme of things. Definitely a good patch overall.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Thanks to the Operations update, I FINALLY got to see the third stage of the desert campaign, Sinai. Before the buff to attackers I never once made it to this part, no matter if I was attacking or defending. Badass!

Btw, what's everyone's score/minute? Curious to know if 645 is a decent average.

Orcus

It's an intentional game mechanic that shots from oblique angles ricochet off armored vehicles. They did change the graphics for this mexhanic to make it more obvious.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Since the update on PC I can't get BF1 online. Origin is online. No problems with Overwatch or Steam. I'm on GAF right the fuck now. I have only seen a mention or two of this in obscure Reddit threads.

Anyone else here hitting this? Anyone find anything out?

WillyFive

New patch is pretty terrible so far:

- Game runs worse
- AA still overpowered and not fixed
- In-menu character customization doesn't allow you to change vehicle loadouts
- Rent-a-Server is terrible, with almost no customization it makes one wonder why it's even there other than a form of micro-transaction.

Still a lot of work left to be made.

The Dude

LMG's are still bad in my opinion. I'm finding it hard to play this game that much anymore because they're usually my favorite weapon in Battlefield games and most, if not all FPS games, and unless Dice changes their mind on the bizarre mechanic they introduced to them, I don't know how much can be done to fix it. Dice did a ton of great stuff with this game, but stuff like this, and some other things are very disappointing to me.

I use the MG 15 storm and I think it's pretty great. You can tap snipe people with it, and it has a decent RoF along with a good clip. I'd work to use that lmg if I were you

Thanks to the Operations update, I FINALLY got to see the third stage of the desert campaign, Sinai. Before the buff to attackers I never once made it to this part, no matter if I was attacking or defending. Badass!

Btw, what's everyone's score/minute? Curious to know if 645 is a decent average.
My SPM is a 970.

I'm only at 597, but the first dozen hours I played I was just unbelievably terrible, so I'm guessing that number was actually quite a bit lower and is coming up. I've been getting in the upper third of maps pretty consistently the last few days, so while I'm clearly not a great player, I'd think I was about average.

I finally leveled my Assault to Level 1 and unlocked the base Model 10, and even though it doesn't hold a candle to the Hunter version, it's still shockingly good in its own right. You get up close to people, and it's squad wipes left and right. It's a 1-hit hip-fire armageddon machine. Need to try the gas grenade trick to catch people putting masks on.

The Dude

I think I ruined my SPM average a bit by doing a ton of tdm. In operations which is all I play now I am having some nice scores, but I've put in 100 hours now and I'd say 60 was tdm, really low scores there compared to my operations.. But I'm 600s, would of loved to see that without any tdm mixed in

I think I ruined my SPM average a bit by doing a ton of tdm. In operations which is all I play now I am having some nice scores, but I've put in 100 hours now and I'd say 60 was tdm, really low scores there compared to my operations.. But I'm 600s, would of loved to see that without any tdm mixed in

All I play is Conquest. I played probably 6-7 matches of dom and 3 operation matches. Conquest is my bread and butter and has been since BF3. I loved rush over conquest in Bad Company tho!

Capsov

662 according to tracker website. Top 14% on xbox.

Machina

Banned

If you play Battlefield properly, as in Objectives are 1st on your priorities list by a long way, you should be averaging about 600-700 spm. If you can maintain that standard while also "gitting gud" at the actual shooting, you can get that average up to about 800-1000 spm. If you can get into that ballpark, that's what I'd consider a very decent, seasoned BF player.

I'm sitting on 803 currently

Top Bottom