• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Acinixys

For the PC people on here that is not on the discord, please consider joining us :) We need fresh blood! There is a link in the first page on OT for the discord!

Also noted that they botched performance for A LOT of people on the PC with the patch.

GTX 1080
I7 4790k
16 GB RAM
SSD
Freshly installed Windows 10 64 bit
144hz Gsync 1080p screen

All settings on low with mesh on ultra.
Nothing changed on computer except for BF1 patch.

Before patch - solid 135 fps at all times capped with rivatuner
After patch - 63-80 fps jumping around a lot, on almost all maps and modes.

Tested with 375.76 hotfix driver and the latest driver.
Will try the older 375.70 driver later tonight which as helped some on the official forum.

The newest Nvidia drivers are broken. SO maybe revert to the older ones for now

chiliboy

The average player wins MVP every round, didn't you know?

Haha

Every soldier has commando pro from MW2 in this game. The worst are people that panic bayo charge kill you in CQC. It triggers the animation when they are like 6 feet away sometimes (might be lag) and instead of easily being able to kill them you just get to watch them get a free kill instead. I'd remove it from the game but whatever, just add it to the list of things that make BF1 worse than BF4.

Yeah its insanely cheap. Ugh.. You play on PC?

The newest Nvidia drivers are broken. SO maybe revert to the older ones for now

Just saw that, thanks my dude/dudette! Will do after work

Wait, they made it better? Haha! Is it still the 10-A Hunter variant you're rolling with?

Yeah last night I got like 17-2 K/D attacking Oil of Empires on the first map with it. Highest kills and lowest deaths in the game by some margin. It's completely fucking mental now. Short range is an instant OHKO - none of this 'chance of a hit marker' crap. Long distance ADS it's so much better now too hahaha. People crying for a nerf have inadvertently made the 'patch to alter buckshot multipliers' make the Model 10 Hunter so much better. I love it. Nearly got my 20th service star last night.

That doesn't surprise me. I'd like to hear how coordinated teams manage on defense. It should be fine, but I'd like confirmation since it sucks playing with pubs.

Yeah confirmed that attacking is MUCH easier. We barely lost half our tickets and have now white washed every map attacking.... We never looked close to losing a single life even on Oil of Empires, Iron Walls and Conquer Hell - all attacking. Someone from UKps4Gaf joined in session and got put on the opposing team and mentioned how we are like a plague! haha. He said the sheer force was unstoppable. Kaiser up next.

Will report back on defensive findings after tonight I hope. For reference we rarely lose more than two sectors defending usually and have only seen the second map on a level ONCE! while defending and that was Kaiser on Monday night.

My SPM is a 970.

My SPM is over 1000 now and my W/L is nearly 80%. Have played almost exclusively operations with Gaf.

UKps4Gaf always looking for new faces - add Luvs_2_Squidge if interested. We have over 50 members in the group chat and nearly 3 times that in the community. Getting a nice amount of USA players too built up now too.

There's a guy in this thread who literally only uses it and cries about other guns being too OP. He also admitted to planning to bitch and moan when they inevitably fix it lol, so I wouldn't expect anything to change until Dice steps in, until then it's open season.

Hi I'm Disagree Guy.

Top 70 for kills with Model 10
Top 400 of all assault players for exp
Top 100 for Dynamite kills
Top 100 for Anti-Tank grenade kills

There is a difference between a gun being too OP and simply being a good player. Also - Since the patch it definitely is now way OP so thanks for screaming nerf guys haha. I play assault - I play with a team - I play to win objectives. Why would anyone not choose to use the best gun to achieve your goals? Stay salty.

yick. thats happened to me a few times. I think when spawning on a teammate, they should not always spawn them directly behind.

Man this game is so much fun. I don't really play anything but Conquest tho, is there real appeal to War Pigeons or Operations? Battlefield IS conquest in my mind.

I'm also compiling my best moments into a really dumb series of videos. if any gaffers want to get a match or two in, please add me on Origin: Dig_Douglas_III

wtf? Just saw this. How is that average? You're literally in the top 1% worldwide. Hell, the number one player in the world barely beats your SPM at 1,185.

I thought I was, I mean there are players so much better than myself that wreck my shit most nights so I just figured. Those stats are only out of players signed up to that site right?
I'd take it with a grain of salt. Here are the rest so you see where I was coming from:
4Sb7Plq.png

Also I play Oceania from 6-9 most nights NZT if anyone wants to add me PSN: PREC0GNITAVE

I thought I was, I mean there are players so much better than myself that wreck my shit most nights so I just figured. Those stats are only out of players signed up to that site right?
I'd take it with a grain of salt. Here are the rest so you see where I was coming from:

Also I play Oceania from 6-9 most nights NZT if anyone wants to add me PSN: PREC0GNITAVE

Your stats are similar to mine but I've got higher W/L thanks to gaf squad advantage and 43h played and my KD is only like 1.3. If you ever play at around 10am on a Saturday you could meet up with UKps4Gaf because we are 12 hours ahead of you, or behind? Lord knows

Luvs_2_Squidge is my PSN if you fancy it

The Beard

Squad mutiny is way too trigger happy. I'm one of the most active squad leaders you'll ever see. I've been dethroned twice already because someone on my squad requested an objective right after we completed my marked objective, and right before I died. 95% of the time I have an objective marked, but it drops me from the leader spot just because I went 30 straight seconds (only 15 seconds of actual in-game time) without an objective marked? It's bullshit.

Squad mutiny is way too trigger happy. I'm one of the most active squad leaders you'll ever see. I've been dethroned twice already because someone on my squad requested an objective right after we completed my marked objective, and right before I died. 95% of the time I have an objective marked, but it drops me from the leader spot just because I went 30 straight seconds (only 15 seconds of actual in-game time) without an objective marked? It's bullshit.

If the guy replacing you is competent at orders I suppose you haven't really lost anything right? or you can just mutiny it back haha

Xater

I have experienced that as well, but it's still better than the alternative.

If the guy replacing you is competent at orders I suppose you haven't really lost anything right? or you can just mutiny it back haha

This as well. When I had one particular dick on my squad he if course was worse at giving orders than me and I got the leader status back quickly.

The Beard

I guess so, but I enjoy setting orders, and I'm good at it. The first guy that replaced me kept objectives active but he sucked. He would just set random objectives with no rhyme or reason. The second guy was pretty good though, but still, I didn't deserve to get booted.

Vorheez

Does it bother anyone else that only some codex have a voiceover? Shit is strange as hell to me. Like, did they just give up halfway through and say "fuck it this takes too long." I don't understand the decision to half ass it.

Orcus

Btw, what's everyone's score/minute? Curious to know if 645 is a decent average.
Honestly, that stat is worthless unless it's broken down by game type. SPM between conquest, rush, operations, etc... do not compare, which is quite sad really. I'm not sure if it's still like this, but SPM used to include the squad points as well, which is significant in a good squad and is another skewing factor. Those reasons even make it an inaccurate way to judge your own performance between play sessions, unless you are comparing apples to apples.

Lender

Thanks to the Operations update, I FINALLY got to see the third stage of the desert campaign, Sinai. Before the buff to attackers I never once made it to this part, no matter if I was attacking or defending. Badass!

Btw, what's everyone's score/minute? Curious to know if 645 is a decent average.
765 atm. I'm fine with that since I played a lot of conquest lately and ranked up my scout to lvl 10. Trying to lift it to 800 now that I'm playing 'normal' again.

Theorry

I always wait to shoot someone who is charging open ground to get to me.
I am always acting like i dont see him to give him hope and then shoot him in the face when he almost gets me. Haha.

I always wait to shoot someone who is charging open ground to get to me.
I am always acting like i dont see him to give him hope and then shoot him in the face when he almost gets me. Haha.

Someone on headset was laughing last night as I did this to a charging peasant on Oil of Empires.

Model 10 to the grill

terrible

Banned
That's pretty much how the bayonet charge works for me every time.

I once charged just to goof off and some poor guy walked out from between two buildings mid charge and I disemboweled him by accident. I didn't even know he was there. That's some bad luck but I've been on the receiving end of that a lot so I guess he had it coming.

Someone on headset was laughing last night as I did this to a charging peasant on Oil of Empires.

Model 10 to the grill

I have such a strong and senseless hate for the bayonet charge so I approve.

I once charged just to goof off and some poor guy walked out from between two buildings mid charge and I disemboweled him by accident. I didn't even know he was there. That's some bad luck but I've been on the receiving end of that a lot so I guess he had it coming.

I have such a strong and senseless hate for the bayonet charge so I approve.

I take the bayonet off every weapon I use because the amount of times I've accidentally set it off when I just wanted to sprint and melee someone from behind only to bayonet charge right past them like I was trying to beat them in a race

Also - ADS and recoil issues (which don't affect me massively being a model 10 dude)

terrible

Banned
I take the bayonet off every weapon I use because the amount of times I've accidentally set it off when I just wanted to sprint and melee someone from behind only to bayonet charge right past them like I was trying to beat them in a race

Also - ADS and recoil issues (which don't affect me massively being a model 10 dude)
That's almost too funny to even get mad when it happens.

Very true, I took it off all my classes because of the ADS speed thing. The recent update put it back on all my guns though and I keep forgetting to take them off again.

That's almost too funny to even get mad when it happens.

Very true, I took it off all my classes because of the ADS speed thing. The recent update put it back on all my guns though and I keep forgetting to take them off again.

Imagine my surprise when I change all my loadouts on the web app and then randomly melee charge with the model 10. I nearly crapped myself when he screamed for no reason.

Took it off after that - also put my 'dillinger' skin back on it coz lol... swag

sp3ctr3

They patched the mortar so you cant spam shots without them being inaccurate.
When you get the red dot it is at full accuracy, if you just click to shoot them without re-aiming they will go all over the place.

Thank god!

red dot? I aim with a big white dot the size of a bunker. Is that the one that needs to turn red?

chiliboy

red dot? I aim with a big white dot the size of a bunker. Is that the one that needs to turn red?

yepp!
from patch notes:

Mortars have had a balance pass.
Players now have to pick more clearly between slow, accurate fire, and rapid, inaccurate fire.
Mortars now require a time after deploy before they are fully accurate.
Increased the inaccuracy penalty for firing multiple mortar rounds quickly.
Reduced the max damage radius of Support Airburst mortars.
Mortars will need to land closer to do their full 65 damage.
The minimap targeting function of Mortars now shows the current accuracy level of the strike. The red dot only appears when the strike is at maximum accuracy

Both Support Mortars can now fire 2 smoke rounds in addition to their default round. A Hint has been added to explain the feature.
The HE Mortar now correctly has the same range as the Airburst Mortar.

Aside from the model 10 hunter being amazingly more reliable - has anyone else noticed much change from the patch?

Aside from the ps4 pro bullshit aswell of course. That was well discussed in last nights party.
lol still buying a ps4pro on sunday coz who cares?

Wait, they made it better? Haha! Is it still the 10-A Hunter variant you're rolling with?
It's literally the USAS-12 all over again. Only slightly less ridiculous.

Ugh, one of the biggest pet peeves in this game is Bayo charge. It just feels cheap, especially when spawning in on a teammate or similar and die asap...
I know it is not super good but I dont see the point of it in the game. It is simply there to be annoying for us who PTFO and close quarters.

Don't even get me started on dying to bayo from behind (by someone who jumped out of an airplane) after picking up a sentry kit..
Bayonet charge is literally what keeps the hero classes (ESPECIALLY the sentry kit) balanced. Unless you face an extremely dumb player it's pretty much your only chance to counter someone playing as one if you are on your own (besides backstabbing from behind... but does it matter to you if I bayo charge you from behind are sprint up to you and do it with a knife?.
And if you can't avoid that bayonet charger or gun him down (he is literally running in a STRAIGHT line at you) then it's your fault, not the game's. Especially considering how vulnerable bayonet charging leaves you, the killing animation and the fact you can't sprint for 6+ seconds leaves you horribly exposed.

I like it. be glad it doesn't work like how it does in RO2: Rising Storm where the very same charge gets ridiculously strong if multiple people do it at the same time nearby ;P.

Personally I find it hilarious.

It's not more powerful but it's considerably more reliable and ADS the range kills are ridiculous now.

If it was like this from release I'd understand all the nerf cries but now.... wow hahaha
So I assume that hopefully not every fourth post in this thread will be about you praising the gun, stealth bragging and complaining about guns being OP that everyone else considers balanced from now on? Not getting my hopes up.

It's literally the USAS-12 all over again. Only slightly less ridiculous.

So I assume that hopefully not every fourth post in this thread will be about you praising the gun, stealth bragging and complaining about guns being OP that everyone else considers balanced from now on? Not getting my hopes up.

It's not more powerful but it's considerably more reliable and ADS the range kills are ridiculous now.
If it was like this from release I'd understand all the nerf cries but now.... wow hahaha

Also -
I don't praise the gun, I just defended it but yeah you won't hear me defending it anymore. It is definitely OP now.
I don't brag because I know there are plenty of better people than me in UKps4Gaf. I just know I'm good at the role I do.
I will continue to moan about guns like the M18 with it's sniper rifle range until they fix it.
I don't think anyone else considers all the guns balanced now dude....

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Some stuff:
- The audio mix is whack, there's a bunch of silent stuff at random: Enemy horses, planes, footsteps, etc.
- Im getting "Disconnected from Server" errors for the first time since the Beta.
- The matchmaker is busted, previously i would get match maked on empty Operations servers which made me not play that mode. Now, it also happens on Rush, Domination and
War Pigeons. (I can only play CQ)
- If i try to quit a game from the Results Screen it gets stuck in a black loading screen.

So yeah =/

Some stuff:
- The audio mix is whack, there's a bunch of silent stuff at random: Enemy horses, planes, footsteps, etc.
- Im getting "Disconnected from Server" errors for the first time since the Beta.
- The matchmaker is busted, previously i would get match maked on empty Operations servers which made me not play that mode. Now, it also happens on Rush, Domination and
War Pigeons. (I can only play CQ)
- If i try to quit a game from the Results Screen it gets stuck in a black loading screen.

So yeah =/

Someone in South Africa said something similar because their distance to the DICE servers was quite far. Being from Argentina could that be your problem too?

or are these new things since the patch?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Someone in South Africa said something similar because their distance to the DICE servers was quite far. Being from Argentina could that be your problem too?

or are these new things since the patch?

Matchmaking getting worse and Server disconnections are new with this patch.
I can't play with UKGAF due lag so im pretty much only playin' on Brazillian servers.

Matchmaking getting worse and Server disconnections are new with this patch.
I can't play with UKGAF due lag so im pretty much only playin' on Brazillian servers.

Man that sucks. I really hope it gets sorted for you.

With new map dropping mid-december and people moaning like hell about the performance drop on PS4 pro since patch
And people moaning about the model 10 still, right Ragnar Blackmane?
I think another patch will come soon.

If it was like this from release I'd understand all the nerf cries
I tried it tonight and you're absolutely right.

I haven't had a chance to try the BAR yet, I really hope they didn't neuter it :(

Some stuff:
Yeah I experienced an audio bug for the first time tonight; while in a heavy tank at the A Flag on Fao Fortress, I could see two enemies standing about 10 metres from me firing their guns at one of my teammates... but there was no audio at all, they were 100% silent. It was very off-putting!

bosseye

I wasn't really much for the Hunter Shotgun initially, it felt a bit inconsistent - after this patch though, haaaaaaaaaa. Its great. Seems to act like a shotgun ought to, I was using it on Argonne Operations and fell in love with it, kill after kill, great for bossing the capture points. If I was a better player I'd be unstoppable. I liked it enough to make a dedicated loadout with it on.

I unlocked the Hellreigel too the other night, which is a helluva weapon. Needs a nice skin though, default is a bit bland.

I tried it tonight and you're absolutely right.

If people thought it was OP before they are going to shit blood now. It's an absolute joy to use.

I wasn't really much for the Hunter Shotgun initially, it felt a bit inconsistent - after this patch though, haaaaaaaaaa. Its great. Seems to act like a shotgun ought to, I was using it on Argonne Operations and fell in love with it, kill after kill, great for bossing the capture points. If I was a better player I'd be unstoppable. I liked it enough to make a dedicated loadout with it on.

I unlocked the Hellreigel too the other night, which is a helluva weapon. Needs a nice skin though, default is a bit bland.

It's the feeling of being 'unstoppable' which is the most addicting thing about it. It plays like a shotgun should. Couldn't agree more. Killing 4 or 5 people capping an objective is so satisfying.

bosseye

It's the feeling of being 'unstoppable' which is the most addicting thing about it. It plays like a shotgun should. Couldn't agree more. Killing 4 or 5 people capping an objective is so satisfying.

Agreed. Its the finality of it, one shot and done, BANG sit down, and you, BANG sit down, and you BANG etc.Especially in real close quarters like Argonne with all its narrow ravines you can be a right steamroller.

I suppose I ought to have a crack at the other classes now I've done Assault though.

Agreed. Its the finality of it, one shot and done, BANG sit down, and you, BANG sit down, and you BANG etc.Especially in real close quarters like Argonne with all its narrow ravines you can be a right steamroller.

I suppose I ought to have a crack at the other classes now I've done Assault though.

Hahahhaha I do exactly this over headset. The guys crease up when I'm like 'come on then! And your mate! Blammo!'

On Oil of Empires first map first section you have A that's right close to you and B that's vertically right behind. Once we storm A I run round the side to B and my face lit up when I saw like 6 people with their backs turned.

I need it in my life.

BF4 shotgun. With buckshot not even Flechette.

YW1rexY.gif

The Model 10 is nowhere near that effective because it's pump action. That is exactly the best way to use the Model 10 too though. ADS for a split second for max accuracy.

If two people see you - you'll die
If multiple people have their backs to you - you will kill them unless one sees you

Theorry

Uhh that is the 870 from BF4. Its pump action also. :)
It was the slowest hardest hitting shotgun from BF4. Just like the model 10 is now. Only the model 10 has even lower RPM and more damage drop off.

BF4 shotgun. With buckshot not even Flechette.

YW1rexY.gif

That's not really bad, he's shooting most of those people at nearly point blank or really short range right in the face. They should be one shot kills at that range, otherwise a shotgun becomes useless.

The model 10 is wrecking fools at much further range in BF1

Theorry

That's not really bad, he's shooting most of those people at nearly point blank or really short range right in the face. They should be one shot kills at that range, otherwise a shotgun becomes useless.

The model 10 is wrecking fools at much further range in BF1

Those last 3 kills are at the range people complain about with the model 10.

Top Bottom