• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

The Dude

I'm one of the very few that wanted the mortar nerf.

As an offensive player who likes to cap flags, I often die to mortar more than any other means and sometimes it just feels cheap, as it creates 'how the fuck did I just die?' moments regularly.

I haven't played since the patch due to a plethora of other commitments, but I can't wait to get back in and be less afraid of random mortar deaths.

Not trying to be a dick but come on man, so you die to something like a mortar and you call for nerf? I cap flags all the time, it's my favorite thing to do... And anytime I've died from a mortar I see where the basturd is and go Kill him, not ask for a nerf. Because the pendulum swings both ways, when I play support and mortar some people it feels good to do it back.

As an offensive player who likes to cap flags, I often die to mortar more than any other means and sometimes it just feels cheap, as it creates 'how the fuck did I just die?' moments regularly.

I haven't played since the patch due to a plethora of other commitments, but I can't wait to get back in and be less afraid of random mortar deaths.

Only map I ever mortared on as my main method of kills was Suez and now that it's much bigger I just snipe there, sad cause the mortaring was a lot of fun but also very easy to counter with snipers that pay even a little attention, it was fine the way it was now it's dead

Theorry

Suez is still crap lol. Maybe put the flags not in a straight line DICE otherwise people have blinders on and dont flank at all..

Not trying to be a dick but come on man, so you die to something like a mortar and you call for nerf? I cap flags all the time, it's my favorite thing to do... And anytime I've died from a mortar I see where the basturd is and go Kill him, not ask for a nerf. Because the pendulum swings both ways, when I play support and mortar some people it feels good to do it back.

Yeah I hate this type of criticism as it leads to unnecessary nerfs more often than not. When I get killed by the airship, I get a fucking AT rocket out and I do something about it, if a tank kills me, same thing, if a mortar kills me I pull out a mortar and blow his ass up, but I guess most people just don't improvise, they just get mad and rage about it when they could be actively countering it the way the game wants you to.

thisandthat

Neo Member
Ive noticed worse performance after the patch on the PS4 pro, like some other ppl mentioned.

Im not sure if its to blame on bad server performance/something messed up in the patch, but it does look worse.

Could it be that they reduced CPU speed on purpose from 2.1 to 1.5 Ghz or whatever it was on the og PS4 intentionally, just to make it more in parity with the older ps4s? That would explain a worse framerate just as an example.

Theorry

Just had a match on Monte Grappa. Started 18 against 12. Matched ended with 15 against 3. Nobody joined. Won the match 1000 vs 149.

Ive noticed worse performance after the patch on the PS4 pro, like some other ppl mentioned.

Im not sure if its to blame on bad server performance/something messed up in the patch, but it does look worse.

Could it be that they reduced CPU speed on purpose from 2.1 to 1.5 Ghz or whatever it was on the og PS4 intentionally, just to make it more in parity with the older ps4s? That would explain a worse framerate just as an example.

No. That would be ridiculous, I can't see Dice doing such a thing. And don't forget that Conquest and Operation run much better on the Pro, even on patch 1.04.

Yeah I hate this type of criticism as it leads to unnecessary nerfs more often than not. When I get killed by the airship, I get a fucking AT rocket out and I do something about it, if a tank kills me, same thing, if a mortar kills me I pull out a mortar and blow his ass up, but I guess most people just don't improvise, they just get mad and rage about it when they could be actively countering it the way the game wants you to.
The mortar was sometimes annoying in Rush, where at crucial times a bunch of defenders would set them up and just continuously shell the Telegraph. If you killed them, they'd just respawn and go straight back to doing the same thing.

I don't know that they really needed a nerf, but I do like the smoke addition and might actually use them occasionally myself now.

I wish there was an easy way to report people for their Emblems. I mean look at this shit:

11-16-2016_6-52-54_pm1pov7.png
This is terrible. I would report the heck outta that one.

I recently reported one on xbone.

The image was an ejaculated penis.

Younger me would have laughed it off, but now I figure no one needs to see that crap in a game.

RS4-

Man, what good is having the option to quit after a round when it takes longer to actually get back into the main menu than alt-f4.

The Flash

Banned
I'm up for it! Where do I sign up?

Just start adding people I guess. My ID is AgentStrange0 on Origin. Feel free to add and join in a match when I'm on.

Man, what good is having the option to quit after a round when it takes longer to actually get back into the main menu than alt-f4.

This last time took so long that I got kicked from being idle. I was like, "Yeah that's kinda what I wanted".

For reals. Im better off waiting for the next round and then quit than this new quit option which loads endlessly causing me to close the game and reopen

Wounded

I own the game on Xbox One and love playing with my friends, but am considering grabbing it on PC, (they're not PC gamers) how is the experience playing alone? It's the most I've ever enjoyed a BF game and very much want to try it with all the bells and whistles.

Lender

I own the game on Xbox One and love playing with my friends, but am considering grabbing it on PC, (they're not PC gamers) how is the experience playing alone? It's the most I've ever enjoyed a BF game and very much want to try it with all the bells and whistles.

I've had fun games when as well when playing with strangers. It really depends the squad you're in. If they are team players as well I have no problem whatsoever playing with strangers. Plus you might actually meet some cool people. I met this cool German chap in a random game, and now we practically play together every night.

I wish there was an easy way to report people for their Emblems. I mean look at this shit:

11-16-2016_6-52-54_pm1pov7.png

Yeah, a lot of morons play this game. It's even worse on PC since you can have avatars from Origin. For the most part all I see are penises, vaginas, breasts, racist content, or Trump 2016.

Maximus P

Hey, we're all different.

It's not about dying to something and instantly wanting a nerf. It's about dying to something that I feel takes no skill what so ever as players just shoot random locations and bottle necks.

And there are situations that are impossible to counter. I wish it was a simple as 'that guy killed me, now I know where he is'. Mortars in Argonne forest for example are impossible to react against.

I'm not saying I want them removing, I just wanted them to take more skill to use or for them to be less frequent.

The Flash

Banned

I mostly play with randos and I've been having a blast so far.

Wounded

I mostly play with randos and I've been having a blast so far.

I've had fun games when as well when playing with strangers. It really depends the squad you're in. If they are team players as well I have no problem whatsoever playing with strangers. Plus you might actually meet some cool people. I met this cool German chap in a random game, and now we practically play together every night.

Interesting, thanks, I think I'll probably get it. I really want to buy it now but I would love to snag a decent price on it.

Marc

There's some seriously aggressive skill based matchmaking and team balancing going on in TDM and Domination right now. My friend and I are always stuck with the worst collection of players known to mankind. At first we thought it was bad luck but it hasn't stopped since launch so it's clearly intentional by DICE. I liked how BF4 worked for those modes way better. Much, much more fair.

Experienced this tonight pretty badly.

Fought really hard to take that sand map fortress, get in a good position. A couple of guys follow me and I revive them as we go. We've got the high ground and the choke points covered. We're turning it into a meat grinder for them.

So of course this is the perfect time to leave... they literally all leave me on my own to hold a fortress and chase the kills. I lose it and now we're stuck around the edges. Where they all decide to go prone and just lay there on the walls, and that is now our spawn point.

So yeah, we lost.

Eh, maybe its cause I mainly play as Support but I feel like the patch made Support even less viable than before, between nerfing mortars and not doing very much to make LMGs that much more viable. And then of course they actually wind up boosting the effectiveness of the A-10 shotgun. With respect to mortars, they were super effective in Rush or Operations which is nice since it's about the one piece of weaponry to sort of simulate some kind of bombardment. So capping a flag should be hard. And when you're using a mortar, you're a sitting duck anyway, so all the new patch did was make you even more of a sitting duck having to wait to get any kind of accuracy on the mortars before somebody just runs up and kills you.

And mortars are just cool for the atmosphere of BF games. Ultimately what I love about BF games are the chaos that you get with any given match- just explosions and debris everywhere, bullets whizzing by, planes in the air, tanks on the ground, all that. Mortars and grenades and all those lovely explosions just make the battlefield feel more alive than a bunch of dudes practically sniping with their A-10s.

Maybe I just sort of suck at BF games but I feel like I'm getting killed and more specifically one hit killed much more frequently post patch. I guess it doesn't help that it seems like everyone is running around with A-10 shotguns one shotting people at range while I'm unloading on them with my telescopic BAR and barely taking down half of their health.

Jeez, did they go about trying to make suez a worse map or what? It was kinda fun before, but now it just spawns you in horrible locations and the flags are stupidly placed

terrible

Banned
Experienced this tonight pretty badly.

Fought really hard to take that sand map fortress, get in a good position. A couple of guys follow me and I revive them as we go. We've got the high ground and the choke points covered. We're turning it into a meat grinder for them.

So of course this is the perfect time to leave... they literally all leave me on my own to hold a fortress and chase the kills. I lose it and now we're stuck around the edges. Where they all decide to go prone and just lay there on the walls, and that is now our spawn point.

So yeah, we lost.
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this, though maybe that's because not many people play TDM and Domination? Even my friends on Xbox are having the same problem. People that have had 80-90% win percentages in previous Battlefield games are struggling to stay above 60% while playing just as well or better than they did in the previous games. Whatever system DICE is using for autobalancing needs to go. It's way too stacked against good players.

The Beard

Jeez, did they go about trying to make suez a worse map or what? It was kinda fun before, but now it just spawns you in horrible locations and the flags are stupidly placed

It's actually worse now. I don't know why they decided to add more flags in a straight line. There's plenty of real estate there, they could've added asymmetrical flag placement to spice things up a bit, which would also reduce the amount of one sided matches.

The Dude

Hey, we're all different.

It's not about dying to something and instantly wanting a nerf. It's about dying to something that I feel takes no skill what so ever as players just shoot random locations and bottle necks.

And there are situations that are impossible to counter. I wish it was a simple as 'that guy killed me, now I know where he is'. Mortars in Argonne forest for example are impossible to react against.

I'm not saying I want them removing, I just wanted them to take more skill to use or for them to be less frequent.

Throwing a nade into a group of enemies and having people explode, or a gas nade, takes zero skill but it's all part of the game and shooters in general.. You simply need to learn how to combat mortars rather want a nerf. Just saying, they weren't op at all imho

Top Bottom