• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Xater

I wish there was an easy way to report people for their Emblems. I mean look at this shit:

11-16-2016_6-52-54_pm1pov7.png

Ralemont

not me
Love Rush in this game. Feels like every life counts and you get shot in the back way less often. Squad comp matters a lot more, too.

So since the patch my audio is cutting out constantly, which a google revealed was a beta problem.

Also, I'm sick of empires edge. It's the Golmud railway of bf1 - too big for infantry. And it has less vehicles.

I can safely say after using it for the past couple weeks that the Selbstlader (1916) is hands down the best Medic rifle in the game.

I always see "Mondragon this, Mondragon that," but the Selbstlader renders the Mondragon damn near obsolete. It has the exact same damage and accuracy, except you get 26 bullets per magazine versus the Mondragon's measly 10. This means less time reloading, and more time dropping infantry with 3 bullets at most. Literally the only advantage the Mondragon has (stats-wise) is its ever-so-slightly higher ROF, which is irrelevant since everyone knows you have to pace your shots with these rifles anyways if you want to hit what you're aiming at.

The Selbstlader is just so damn good. If you play Medic and haven't yet tried it, you owe it to yourself to do so. It is a BEAST!

Theorry

Stats wise its better. Apart from recoil (with the storm) and RPM. But for some reason i cant hit anything with it. And i can more easily with the Mondragon.

Is it a cruel joke that customising your soldier still doesn't work properly even though you can do it without being in a game now.

It's not showing your class ranks, you can't alter magnification and you can't buy/unlock guns.

Do DICE even test this stuff before patch release ?

mellow

Stats wise its better. Apart from recoil (with the storm) and RPM. But for some reason i cant hit anything with it. And i can more easily with the Mondragon.

same

wasn't a huge fan of medic until I unlocked the mondragon, now it's my favorite class

The Dude

Wow wait... So I noticed some say they reset the ranks but I didn't check for some reason, forgot. But I did now and lol I'm 0, did they say why? That is so fucking lame... I was 10 on every class but scout, that was some work to get there. Wtf is dice doing?

Is it a cruel joke that customising your soldier still doesn't work properly even though you can do it without being in a game now.

It's not showing your class ranks, you can't alter magnification and you can't buy/unlock guns.

Do DICE even test this stuff before patch release ?

Know what also sucks? It resets your sights/magnification levels/etc. without you even knowing it.

I had to reconfigure a whole bunch of my weapons because of that.

In other words: DO NOT customize your soldier on the main menu! Join an empty server instead!

It's crazy that they can't even get something as basic as this right the first time.

Surfinn

Am I fucking blind or can you STILL not customize vehicles without having to actually spawn in them? So tired of waiting a little while for a tank and having to just go with a bad loadout because you can't actually select what you want without losing the vehicle (sometimes you have to choose different loadouts for different maps).

Why the hell can't you deploy, secure the vehicle, and decide what version you want?

And is it just me or does it take an hour to quit back to the main menu now?

So tired of waiting a little while for a tank and having to just go with a bad loadout because you can't actually select what you want without losing the vehicle (sometimes you have to choose different loadouts for different maps).

Why the hell can't you deploy, secure the vehicle, and decide what version you want?

Yeah, this should've been implemented at launch. When you click a tank or plane, that vehicle should be reserved for you for a few seconds so that you can at least pick a loadout without some blueberry instantly stealing it from you.

Man, attacking in Operations feels so much easier now with the extra tickets.

Maybe I just haven't run into a good defense group yet.. but.. wow.

It felt pretty 50/50 to me previously, before the ticket bump.

So today I discovered you can kill multiple players with one Martini bullet. There must have been something in my cereal this morning, cause I managed to do it three times today. First three clips of this Martini Henry gameplay montage:

https://youtu.be/Xwzxuv_4uWA

The burping on 5:30 is someone who left his mic open, that wasn't me :)

Surfinn

Yeah, this should've been implemented at launch. When you click a tank or plane, that vehicle should be reserved for you for a few seconds so that you can at least pick a loadout without some blueberry instantly stealing it from you.

Yeah, you should have 10-15 seconds to spawn in the vehicle. This only happens sometimes, and not because they're allowing you extra time to customize your loadout.

And my god why can't you customize vehicles when you're spawned in as infantry? Even BF3/4 had that.

lawnchair

Banned
the ability to get bumped up to squad leader if you're requesting orders and not getting any was a great improvement. i'm almost always squad leader now.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Squad mutiny is way too trigger happy. I'm one of the most active squad leaders you'll ever see. I've been dethroned twice already because someone on my squad requested an objective right after we completed my marked objective, and right before I died. 95% of the time I have an objective marked, but it drops me from the leader spot just because I went 30 straight seconds (only 15 seconds of actual in-game time) without an objective marked? It's bullshit.
Can you give orders from the spawn screen or no?

BF1's performance is unplayably bad for me now on the PC. Not sure if DICE or Nvidia is to blame.

Shock32

Know what also sucks? It resets your sights/magnification levels/etc. without you even knowing it.

I had to reconfigure a whole bunch of my weapons because of that.

In other words: DO NOT customize your soldier on the main menu! Join an empty server instead!

It's crazy that they can't even get something as basic as this right the first time.

The companion app did the same thing. I don't know if it's fixed yet because I uninstalled it afterwards; but good lord it's frustrating.

Man, attacking in Operations feels so much easier now with the extra tickets.

Maybe I just haven't run into a good defense group yet.. but.. wow.

It felt pretty 50/50 to me previously, before the ticket bump.

yea i dont know what they were thinking. Pretty sure they will role back SOME of the changes. They can keep the time to take a flag but reduce the tickets again.

Acinixys

So today I discovered you can kill multiple players with one Martini bullet. There must have been something in my cereal this morning, cause I managed to do it three times today. First three clips of this Martini Henry gameplay montage:

https://youtu.be/Xwzxuv_4uWA

The burping on 5:30 is someone who left his mic open, that wasn't me :)

The term for this is collateral

Ive seen it happen a few times in montage videos

Xasthure

Neo Member
I usually play as medic or assault but today I've been trying to learn how to play as a scout, and man, I feel really lousy and die all the time. Like I don't help my team at all. Trying to play without a scope and PTFO. But nah... Haha. Any tips?

5taquitos

I usually play as medic or assault but today I've been trying to learn how to play as a scout, and man, I feel really lousy and die all the time. Like I don't help my team at all. Trying to play without a scope and PTFO. But nah... Haha. Any tips?

shoot flares everywhere

Palmer_v1

Spawn in someone's plane/tank. Use emplaced guns. Bayonet charge. Spot with flares.

Those are the ways a scout can be useful. Actually firing your primary weapon is frowned upon.

Lender

765 atm. I'm fine with that since I played a lot of conquest lately and ranked up my scout to lvl 10. Trying to lift it to 800 now that I'm playing 'normal' again.

Up to 780 after 2 awesome operations games. 40p, first game as attacker, second as defender. First game as an attacker was just insane how we cut through them. I think the entire operation (both maps) lasted 20 minutes. It was ridiculous. And it wasn't due to the tickets since we had like 100 tickets left at the end of both rounds, not losing a single batallion.

Second as a defender was a lot of fun! Both strong teams, but we also stopped them on the first map. They got to the last sector, but we literally just stopped them at the wall on Ballroom Blitz. Amazing to see how they were trying to get try but we just kicked the shit out of them. Some snipers, some guys like me with a LMG and some assault guys for the close range combat. Awesome!

Got my first ever medal for the LMG's!

I think I've seen more bugs post-patch than before:

Operations taking forever to quit
Randomly getting KIA'd jumping over geometry
Joining an operation, it immediately telling me we have lost the game, allowing me to run around the level like Schrodinger's soldier being killable but unable to shoot my weapons or even respawn once dead
Randomly putting the gas mask on when throwing ammo bags
Being revived yet unable to fire a weapon until I die
Pressing the reload button mid revive animation seems to sometimes put the primary weapon into an animation loop, which doesn't go away even after cycling the weapons (this one was really WTF)

I think I've seen more bugs post-patch than before:

Operations taking forever to quit
Randomly getting KIA'd jumping over geometry

Joining an operation, it immediately telling me we have lost the game, allowing me to run around the level like Schrodinger's soldier being killable but unable to shoot my weapons or even respawn once dead
Randomly putting the gas mask on when throwing ammo bags
Being revived yet unable to fire a weapon until I die
Pressing the reload button mid revive animation seems to sometimes put the primary weapon into an animation loop, which doesn't go away even after cycling the weapons (this one was really WTF)
those have been here before the patch.

Man, it is amazing how terrible the mortar is now. You have to wait SO long in between shots. :-(

I'm actually considering dropping it all-together for limpet charges or even the repair tool for nearby vehicles/stationary guns. I just can't see myself sticking with the mortar for much longer in this state.

Surfinn

My game is just hanging on the loading screen when I try to quit a match. I have to manually close the .exe in order to quit BF1 now.

Man, it is amazing how terrible the mortar is now. You have to wait SO long in between shots. :-(

I'm actually considering dropping it all-together for limpet charges or even the repair tool for nearby vehicles/stationary guns. I just can't see myself sticking with the mortar for much longer in this state.

I'm surprised they nerfed it in all honesty.. didn't feel OP. When I read the patch notes I was thinking.. welp there goes that.

terrible

Banned
PZ6kEm8.jpg

Lol, look at my kills vs the rest of my team

There's some seriously aggressive skill based matchmaking and team balancing going on in TDM and Domination right now. My friend and I are always stuck with the worst collection of players known to mankind. At first we thought it was bad luck but it hasn't stopped since launch so it's clearly intentional by DICE. I liked how BF4 worked for those modes way better. Much, much more fair.

Maximus P

I'm one of the very few that wanted the mortar nerf.

As an offensive player who likes to cap flags, I often die to mortar more than any other means and sometimes it just feels cheap, as it creates 'how the fuck did I just die?' moments regularly.

I haven't played since the patch due to a plethora of other commitments, but I can't wait to get back in and be less afraid of random mortar deaths.

Surfinn

I'm one of the very few that wanted the mortar nerf.

As an offensive player who likes to cap flags, I often die to mortar more than any other means and sometimes it just feels cheap, as it creates 'how the fuck did I just die?' moments regularly.

I haven't played since the patch due to a plethora of other commitments, but I can't wait to get back in and be less afraid of random mortar deaths.

It is pretty annoying when it happens and I do feel like it's pretty goddamn skill-less. I just die to so much other stuff so much more often that it wasn't ever an issue for me. I think the most you can even do is 65% to infantry? That seems pretty fair to me.

Top Bottom