• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Giganteus

Yeah but not unrealistic in the real world...

Also - Since the patch the Model 10 can OHKO from way further than that now haha
I love the thing, but this is a video game. In the context of the game they built, it doesn't matter if it's accurate to real shotguns. That's a silly justification, really.

Those last 3 kills are at the range people complain about with the model 10.

That's about 10-15 meters, considered short range at best. Which is what the shotgun should be good at. Model 10 in BF1 seems to be doing far better.

Personally I kinda rather see the model 10 get a nerf in it's rate of fire. The rate you can pump and accurately fire a next shot is way too fast in BF1

I love the thing, but this is a video game. In the context of the game they built, it doesn't matter if it's accurate to real shotguns. That's a silly justification, really.

I suppose in a game where you can be revived with a syringe after being burnt to a black pile of ash - realism does go out the window.

I'm just saying people who used to yell nerf before the patch were completely unjustified in doing so.

Now though.... absolutely correct, it's massively OP. I love it.

Holy shit, the Lawrence of Arabia missions are literally MGSV.

At this point though, I'm probably wasting my time. I'm really not liking the campaign, the game really doesn't feel built for lone wolfing. Both the tank and the Lawrence of Arabia campaigns have eventually hit difficulty spikes I'm not willing to get over.

What are the general impressions of the campaign?

Holy shit, the Lawrence of Arabia missions are literally MGSV.

At this point though, I'm probably wasting my time. I'm really not liking the campaign, the game really doesn't feel built for lone wolfing. Both the tank and the Lawrence of Arabia campaigns have eventually hit difficulty spikes I'm not willing to get over.

What are the general impressions of the campaign?

Loved the graphics and the cut scenes. Love the plane missions.
Hated the tank missions.
Overall not enough infantry combat and too much stealth.

For an FPS game though I'd say the SP is definitely above average.

My mate just got platinum and said the only challenge really was the Lawrence of Arabia boss - getting the codex during the battle took him around 15 attempts

Hmm, alright. I'm new to the Battlefield scene here, so what are the best way to take down the mini tanks and all?

Anti-tank mines are the quickest way but not always the easiest.

My method -
Dynamite to the rear or the tracks will disable it so it's a sitting duck
You have three bundles - they can nearly take it out alone

Two anti-tank grenades at the same area will finish it off

Alternatively you have the AT rifle rocket which doesn't hurt it much but can take it from distance
Also the K bullet with scout damages it very little but good for taking out gunners or drivers so I hear - also pilots and zeppelin gunners

Field gun is now a viable option since it does more damage to tanks but watch out - a well place shot will take you out easy

Lag issues seem to have mostly gone.

Also I set all the magnification sensitivities down to 80% and the overall soldier aim to 35% and it seems to be helping massively. Especially with the SMLE infantry.

I'm in conflict.

I usually just focus on a SP game when it comes around, but BF1 has me hooked. Haven't played it for three days, and want back in so fucking bad. Guess I'll have a round or two before returning to Watch Dogs.

I'm in conflict.

I usually just focus on a SP game when it comes around, but BF1 has me hooked. Haven't played it for three days, and want back in so fucking bad. Guess I'll have a round or two before returning to Watch Dogs.

oneofus.jpg

kendrid

Banned
So does the quit work for anyone? Im on pro, tried quitting twice and nothing happened. Had to force quit the game.

From earlier in this thread, the game can't actually quit to the menu until the next map loads.

It is still broken though. I've had to alt-f4 many times to actually quit a match if I quit while the map was loading. I let it sit for minutes and it never a) went to the next map or b) went to the menu.

Redders

That's brilliant. 1.1k is the highest I've heard of yet. I thought mine was high at 1065 but I have literally no idea how I got it that high... I'm regularly out played by 3 or 4 members of UKps4Gaf

I'll raise you, 1,247 mine currently is.

Jumped up from 927 after the patch went in and my play time dropped by 17 hours. So could be completely inaccurate.

I'll raise you, 1,247 mine currently is.

Jumped up from 927 after the patch went in and my play time dropped by 17 hours. So could be completely inaccurate.

Redders my good man you could be on to something here....
My score jumped from 800 something per minute to over 1000 after patch. I Figured i'd just done a Rambo on a few games but you could be bang on.

Ready to try to achieve our 30th win in a row tonight? Kaiserslacht next. Our 40th game.

You were one of those players I mentioned that regularly out score me.

ily

And I thought I was good at BF, always ending up in the top 3 haha. But my SPM is only 700 haha.

It's like Theorry said - at the moment it probably doesn't indicate a good player. It's more dependent on the game mode you play and also potentially glitchy as Redders pointed out.

I wouldnt worry.

Redders

Redders my good man you could be on to something here....
My score jumped from 800 something per minute to over 1000 after patch. I Figured i'd just done a Rambo on a few games but you could be bang on.

Ready to try to achieve our 30th win in a row tonight? Kaiserslacht next. Our 40th game.

You were one of those players I mentioned that regularly out score me.

ily

You have definitely been Rambo after what seems an upgrade to the Model 10 haha.

I shall be there, will be difficult if we are defending like we were last time!

SPM is gonna be abit pointless again soon. Same as BF4.
With those xp boosters and double xp events affecting the SPM stat.

Oh really, seems a bit strange to have the XP boosters affect the SPM. Assume that will make the skill stat more pointless also.

You have definitely been Rambo after what seems an upgrade to the Model 10 haha.

I shall be there, will be difficult if we are defending like we were last time!

Oh really, seems a bit strange to have the XP boosters affect the SPM. Assume that will make the skill stat more pointless also.

To be honest I hope we are defending because we need to see how much of a challenge it is now. Attacking is going to be a blood bath with them extra tickets, faster flag grab and Alpha Model 10

I nearly have enough scraps for a legendary battlepack so as soon as a nice model 10 skin comes up I'll have a chance to win an XP boost too.

Depends what you play offcourse. CQ gives way more XP. The best is still Operations attacking. If you win.

Yeah you looking at an average of between 28-40k xp per win if you do well attacking.
Take that from around 45-55 minutes per game and you can see it's quite alot.

Redders

To be honest I hope we are defending because we need to see how much of a challenge it is now. Attacking is going to be a blood bath with them extra tickets, faster flag grab and Alpha Model 10

I nearly have enough scraps for a legendary battlepack so as soon as a nice model 10 skin comes up I'll have a chance to win an XP boost too.

Good point, we need to report back here for the good of everyone and to help DICE understand the changes better haha.

Same as me, if we get one should be seeing some 100k plus XP for an attacking operations match for those lucky enough to be in the particular squad.

Hjod

Banned
It's like Theorry said - at the moment it probably doesn't indicate a good player. It's more dependent on the game mode you play and also potentially glitchy as Redders pointed out.

I wouldnt worry.

I'm not worried at all :). I just thought it was funny :).

Depends what you play offcourse. CQ gives way more XP. The best is still Operations attacking. If you win.

I've been playing alot of Operations, I almost alway end up on the defending side haha.

Yeah you looking at an average of between 28-40k xp per win if you do well attacking.
Take that from around 45-55 minutes per game and you can see it's quite alot.

Yeah I always get alot of points, and my SPM doesn't really matter, I just thought it was funny that I thought my SPM was high haha :).

Good point, we need to report back here for the good of everyone and to help DICE understand the changes better haha.

Same as me, if we get one should be seeing some 100k plus XP for an attacking operations match for those lucky enough to be in the particular squad.

That's what we've gotta think Redders. We aren't just fighting for UKps4Gaf, our brothers.
We are fighting for the good of the wider Gaf Army!!

Expect a report around 01:00am UK time lads! haha

So what's fog of war?

New game mode coming out soon

Ozorov

That's what we've gotta think Redders. We aren't just fighting for UKps4Gaf, our brothers.
We are fighting for the good of the wider Gaf Army!!

Expect a report around 01:00am UK time lads! haha

New game mode coming out soon

I thought it was out today; Maybe it was hardcore servers + something else?

Edit: from Gröndals twitter: "Go play Conquest Hardcore and Fog of War already!" So I thought it was out today

What time are you all planning on being on? I might join, I still want to see how organized teams handle defending!

What time are you all planning on being on? I might join, I still want to see how organized teams handle defending!

22:00 we'll be on UK time. My advice is to be ready to join yourself in because it fills very fast. Normally we start a second party if it does.
Add Luvs_2_Squidge and I'll add you in to the group chat (if I haven't already)

I thought it was out today; Maybe it was hardcore servers + something else?

It was supposed to be today but.... didn't see anything yet. Battlefest live stream tonight should give more details tonight.

I hear it's sidearm/Melee only with full fog on small maps.

Ozorov

22:00 we'll be on UK time. My advice is to be ready to join yourself in because it fills very fast. Normally we start a second party if it does.
Add Luvs_2_Squidge and I'll add you in to the group chat (if I haven't already)

It was supposed to be today but.... didn't see anything yet. Battlefest live stream tonight should give more details tonight.

I hear it's sidearm/Melee only with full fog on small maps.

Hopefully it will be something like Overwatchs Brawls, with different ones each week or so. Probably won't happen but would be cool.

Edit: It's up! It's pistols only, TDM, no sight-mode, fog, no grenades on Argonne forest

From earlier in this thread, the game can't actually quit to the menu until the next map loads.

It is still broken though. I've had to alt-f4 many times to actually quit a match if I quit while the map was loading. I let it sit for minutes and it never a) went to the next map or b) went to the menu.

wow

test_account

XP-39C²
No not really, I guess if the whole team focus fire on it haha, maybe then you can take it down. The Heavy Machine Guns would do the job I guess, it does plenty of damage if you hit the bomber.
Hehe, that would be cool to see, everyone shooting at one plane =)

Deband

Right eu gaf. I found a pistols only server. My favourite mode from bf4 on the pc, now on ps4. But it never has anyone on ot so far. Surely I can rustle up 9 pistol crazies for a match.

source.gif

This is for everyone that hates dying to a bayonet charge.

I did this exact same thing last night, except it was in one of those tiny houses in Suez. Guy comes bayonetting at me through the door, somehow misses, gets stuck in the corner and I grab him from behind and shank him. I spent the next 2 minutes laughing so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. I like to imagine that he came at the wall so hard, his bayonet literally got stuck in it and he was trying to pull it out.

Right eu gaf. I found a pistols only server. My favourite mode from bf4 on the pc, now on ps4. But it never has anyone on ot so far. Surely I can rustle up 9 pistol crazies for a match.

Add Luvs_2_Squidge to PS4 mate. I have a group chat with over 50 mainly EU/UK players and also a community with nearly three times that number.

I'll be very surprised if you don't find a group to play with from that lot mate

0racle

In terms of XP. Can you guys rate the game modes from most to least? I'm new to the game.

- edit

And as a 31 year old male, all my friends have not gamed in a decade. Is there a group or something I can join to team up with people?

Psn : Oracle

Spelled the proper way, no zero

Orcus

Is anyone even using the BF1 Xbox One club on here?
I've hopped on several times, but have never seen a LFP request. I have some regular people I play with, so I haven't had a time yet where I needed to create one. There is about 50 members now, but if people start using it and posting here about it I'm sure more would join.

pj

Banned
Anyone else feel like the monte grappa bunker is only winnable now because defenders get bored and leave?

I got tired of it last night after 10 mins and kamikazed out the door and defended from outside the bunker. We eventually lost that point and the rest of the match was fun.

Top Bottom