• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

Lead

Banned
I don't really understand what you're so annoyed with. We don't know what the specific point in time this game takes place, so they very well could jump around.

Are you truly that bothered by black soldiers getting some form of prominence in this game? Their presence is not replacing nor belittling any white soldiers.....if that's what you're trying to get at.
Do you have reading comprehension issues, the post you quoted flat out said "it doesn't bother me".

The chances of Mondragon rifles being in the game are really low.

I mean they can do whatever they want, but Mondragon rifles were not issued to any fighting nations in World War 1.

The only semi-automatic rifles that saw use was the Mauser Selbtslader rifles and the Fusil Automatique Modèle 1917 to my knowledge.

I'm sorry but you are wrong the Mondragón M1908 rifle was used by the German Empire and the Austro Hungarian Empire in WW1 also we saw the gun on the trailer:

vlcsnap-error198fvufz.png

mondragonpic.jpg

Mondrag%C3%B3n_rifle.jpg

Alex

Actually interested this time, haven't been into Battlefield in ages. 1943 was the last one I really liked, always was sad that never came to PC for an extended life.

Lead

Banned
I'm sorry but you are wrong the Mondragón M1908 rifle was used by the German Empire and the Austro Hungarian Empire in WW1 also we saw the gun on the trailer:
I'm seeing "generic" bolt action rifles in that shot, not mondragons.

Look closely, there's clearly no magazine, there's no barrel band and it has a bolthandle.

Edit:

Alright less than 4000 was used by Germany, so I guess it technically was used...

jelly

So, will the HUD be anything different or should it be?

Footage looks cool but overlay the usual UI, ticket info, would kinda suck no?

Sulik2

It's gorgeous but I don't think I can play a WWI game. What the soldiers experienced in the trenches is basically beyond human comprehension of it horror. I can't look at a fun take on the war and not think about some of the things I've read and just go nope.

I'm pretty sure that we are going to get a gameplay reveal at the EA E3 press conference and a continuation on the Xbox E3 press conference just like Battlefield 4

Drencrom

So, will the HUD be anything different or should it be?

Footage looks cool but overlay the usual UI, ticket info, would kinda suck no?

Yeah I guess the HUD and UI won't be as "neon" looking like in BF4

Something more monochrome and discrete would be much more fitting.

Metfanant

vlcsnap-error198fvufz.png

mondragonpic.jpg

Mondrag%C3%B3n_rifle.jpg

Look closely, there's clearly no magazine, there's no barrel band and it has a bolt.

gotta agree with Lead here...if those are the same guns, its actually a really poor in game model...

dano1

A Sheep
It's gorgeous but I don't think I can play a WWI game. What the soldiers experienced in the trenches is basically beyond human comprehension of it horror. I can't look at a fun take on the war and not think about some of the things I've read and just go nope.

But your ok with a 360 no scope to the head..

Portugeezer

I'm pretty sure that we are going to get a gameplay reveal at the EA E3 press conference and a continuation on the Xbox E3 press conference just like Battlefield 4

Yes, and it will look amazing on XB1 then Phil Spencer announces it was running on XB1.5 which will be available at launch and a BF1 bundle.

Hawkie

Calling it now. A campaign set piece will involve you boarding a zeppelin, fighting everyone on board, inadvertently piercing the balloon and then being on board while it crash lands.

What about a 1v1 dog fight with the Red Baron?

They say that you can have your whole squad in a vehicle, which would be strange if all of the squad have to wait at the respawn screen to do that.

What I'm hoping is that 'Driver' and 'Pilot' classes are actual soldier classes that just have the exclusive ability to pilot those vehicles in exchange for not having as much boots-on-the-ground equipment as other classes. Maybe just a pistol.
Jack Frags said there are dedicated vehicle classes, but not that you couldn't get out if you choose that class. I would assume you can get out of your tank, but as a Tank Class you would have weaker infantry weapon options.

Also DICE guys said you can fit your whole squad into a vehicle, so people can at least get into a piloted vehicle.
That seems to depend on your interpretation of "dedicated". If you're really dedicated to being a tank driver, then you're not doing anything else. Or perhaps he meant that when you opt to spawn in a vehicle, you can choose a specific class/position, and for as long as you are in that vehicle, that is the position you are dedicated to.

He says there's four classes in the game, assault, medic, support, scout, so presumably these vehicle classes are somehow separate from and secondary to those, and activate when you spawn in a specific vehicle. Like perks or something maybe. Who knows.

It's just...I don't know, and speculating about specifics based on vague and limited general info just feels like a waste. Instead of imagining and getting grumpy about things that may not be real, I'll just wait for DICE to clarify things.

surprised to not hear anything about a season pass already, not even included with the super expensive edition. Could we be so lucky to get free maps

RawNuts

This turns my stomach. Just flat out the most offensive game I've ever seen.

I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from primary school, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of British and European history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across Europe, held the minutes silence without fail every rememberence day my entire life, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it.

There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim.

This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry.

How fucking dare anyone make a game like this about the First World War.

I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialised massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it.

Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.
You think this turns your stomach, wait until the partnership with Doritos and Mountain Dew.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So this Holiday for first person multiplayer dudebro shootbang we have something epic from every era: Battlefield 1 for World War, Modern Warfare Remastered for contemporary, and Infinite Warfare for futuristic.

Mein Gott.

ezekial45

Banned
Do you have reading comprehension issues, the post you quoted flat out said "it doesn't bother me".

I'm still talking about previous posts here. I'm trying to understand what your point was, since you're making a point of how inaccurate it was.

Apath

Not buying this until it's confirmed after launch that the game is not a buggy mess. Battlefield 4 was such a colossal failure in terms of stability and polish that it would be stupid to have faith in DICE for this go around.

We have. For almost a decade now

There are so many stories, settings, and fronts that those WW2 games have never touched. And WWI is like 99% untouched by games

For good reason? I mean even this isn't playing WWI straight, it's alternate history. Maybe the entertainment factor isn't there with today's market.

Look closely, there's clearly no magazine, there's no barrel band and it has a bolthandle.

Edit:

Alright less than 4000 was used by Germany, so I guess it technically was used...

No, you're right. They might be in the game, but that certainly isn't one.

Qz6YQjG.png

D i Z

This turns my stomach. Just flat out the most offensive game I've ever seen.

I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from primary school, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of British and European history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across Europe, held the minutes silence without fail every rememberence day my entire life, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it.

There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim.

This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry.

How fucking dare anyone make a game like this about the First World War.

I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialised massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it.

Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.

They've been making games about wars for decades. Hundreds of them. This isn't even the first WW1 game by a long shot. Classics films have told many a WW1 story.
It's a fair bet that a good majority of people who game have a relative or know someone who died in a war. They are that frequent an event anywhere around the globe.
But dig this though. WW1 is not just your history. It's ours. And we all have different ways of telling the stories and history of the events and atrocities.

Piggus

I too can go out and spend 50 dollars on a nugget, but I am too lazy. I want to get a M1917 but they are expensive up here.

If Mosins were still $50 where I'm at I'd be out buying as many as I could store. >_<

I actually really want a nice K98 or a Swiss K31 before they become too expensive. Running out of time for that though. My grandpa has a very nice K98 and Lee Enfield that I'll probably get at some point, as well as a Springfield 1903 that has been converted into a training dummy. Makes a great display piece.

mcz117chief

Yeah but not well. I love the Order but that sequence was the biggest wasted opportunity I've ever seen.

Quite a bit of exaggeration there, mate. It wasn't like the best video game moment ever, but it wasn't bad either. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind seeing it again, I just found it funny how you pretty much described the mission from the Order.

WillyFive

Not buying this until it's confirmed after launch that the game is not a buggy mess. Battlefield 4 was such a colossal failure in terms of stability and polish that it would be stupid to have faith in DICE for this go around.

That was two DICE games ago though. Why be stuck in a launch title when Hardline and Battlefront came out and were not a buggy mess?

G_Berry

Banned
BF4 is leaps and bounds better than it was at launch now.

They're have been multiple CTE tests over the years improving every aspect of the engine.

DICE are going into this fully prepared to deliver a sweet multiplayer experience I'd say.

Top Bottom