• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 runs at 720p native [DICE: Incorrect]

StiLt

Mmmm that almost delicious cross gen sandwich. Sorta like chicken but with a slightly fishy after taste.

sam27368

Banned
Sigh, like I said in the other thread. 720p confirmed for the PS4 alpha build. ALPHA. THIS IS NOT FINAL/SHIPPED. Some of you need to understand how game development works and when console optimisations and graphic tweaks begin.

KAL2006

Banned
The difference between 720p or 1080p isn't a huge deal for me. I would prefer a spectacular looking game at 720p that a average looking game at 1080p.

Soma

That's unfortunate if true, but with 64 players at 60fps with those environments I don't think it's that bad of a trade off imo.

Sigh, like I said in the other thread. 720p confirmed for the PS4 alpha build. ALPHA. THIS IS NOT FINAL/SHIPPED. Some of you need to understand how game development works and when console optimisations and graphic tweaks begin.
You're seriously expecting a 2.25x resolution jump in the next 2.5 months?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is this an indication that multiplats will look more or less the same on PS4/Xb1 or is this a special case? I'm guessing the first

RetroStu

Banned
Absolutely nothing wrong with this, 60fps is far more important anyway.
I'm sure the game would of been able to do 1080p at 30fps which would of been the same as Killzone so no need for people to jump off that building yet, they decided to target 60fps instead.

IMBored

Is this an indication that multiplats will look more or less the same on PS4/Xb1 or is this a special case? I'm guessing the first

I think one EA guy said NFS:R might end up looking better on one of the next-gen consoles, but I'm not sure by how much.

KAL2006

Banned
At first I thought Battlefield 4 was technically he most impressive looking launch game. But it seems now Killzone Shadowfall will hold that title.

That's not a good way to start the first BF on a new gen of consoles.

Still, the dream of 1080p on next gen consoles was gonna die anyway over the years, sooner or later it was bound to happen. Most tittles will be 720p in a few years.

Dahaka

BF3 also needs a beefy pc for maximum settings@1080p for unconditional 60fps. I am not surprised.

I am using a i2500k with Windforce GTX 670, 16GB Ram, SSD installation and the minimum is not 60fps.

Violater

fuck-everything-gif.gif

So disappointed.
If this is true I might just ......

Rapstah

It runs at 704p unscaled so it is actually just as sharp as any full 720p game, any difference in sharpness you experienced would have nothing to do with resolution.

Am I missing some basic fact about how scaling works for how they make up for those 16 missing vertical lines without scaling? Black borders?
But really, how much should they care that you find it unacceptable.
Shut down NeoGAF, a developer isn't directly and personally touched by an opinion held by a poster!

sam27368

Banned
At first I thought Battlefield 4 was technically he most impressive looking launch game. But it seems now Killzone Shadowfall will hold that title.
Shadowfall does look awesome, but they're both unreleased. GAF should know by now that trusting screenshots released is not the best indication of final.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I really hope this isn't going to be the cop out that devs use. Instead of making it native 1080p, upscale it from 720p because you know you can do the same for the X1.

Top Bottom