• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario007

I imagined that during the initial backlash he found himself constantly repeating his dialog during that scene like a mantra, trying not to be disheartened.
Haha I would be too. Or he probably gave Kevin Smith a visit and he Smith just mocked the shit out of the internet as he likes to do.

shira

hardly if they are going for the Returns look:
tumblr_mhcal3ND3F1qbbbxqo1_500.gif
70-80 year old? Clint Eastwood then

I guess Affleck reads gaf

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The film's going to suck anyways, Snyder can't direct shit unless it's simplistic as hell plot-wise and already envisioned for him.

Put Affleck behind the camera, not in front of it, and you'll have my interest.

Cheebo

Banned
Kevin Smith said when he talked to Affleck about it he was unfazed by the internet hate as well, glad Affleck isn't getting caught up in the stupid internet drama

Bale is still the best Batman based on his work in Batman Begins.

Everybody seems to forget his Begins performance under the cowl in lieu of him completely overdoing it in TDK and TDKR.

He's also easily the best Bruce Wayne.

Affleck will be shitty.

Toa TAK

Banned

Everybody seems to forget his Begins performance under the cowl in lieu of him completely overdoing it in TDK and TDKR.

Affleck will be shitty.

Why do you think Affleck will be bad?

watched a movie with affleck? he fucking sucks at acting!

Yep. One of the best directors in history, and one of the worst actors in history. There's a reason why Matt Damon was getting better movie roles - no one wanted to cast Afleck for anything worthy of oscar contention.

Affleck will be shitty.

bale's batman was mostly good in begins. but he sounded like a corny piece of shit when he was yelling at the falafel guy. talk about overdoing it. it was a sign of things to come.

keaton easily had the best bat-voice. no contest for films.

bale's batman was mostly good in begins. but he sounded like a corny piece of shit when he was yelling at the falafel guy. talk about overdoing it. it was a sign of things to come.

keaton easily had the best bat-voice. no contest for films.

Keaton is the best batman. Really wished that he gotten the part.

BadAss2961

Really? That's probably the one scene everyone remembers from Begins, especially if they saw it at the movies. The voice was unexpected, and it worked. Batman had never been that menacing on film before.

Keaton is easily my favourite Batman even though he basically just said fuck it and went on a killing spree by Batman Returns. His Batman was the quiet menacing type (with the best Bat voice) while Bale tbh overdid at times. Bale was the best Bruce but there really isnt much competition there.

Superman casting was pretty good outside of Amy Adams. But DC seems to be pretty awful overall when it comes to casting roles. Affleck was the safe choice. He recently won for Argo and he's a relatively big name. I think most people wanted to see them exercise some ambition, swing for the fences, and either go with a left field choice or an unknown. God knows I did.

watershed

Banned
Yep. One of the best directors in history, and one of the worst actors in history. There's a reason why Matt Damon was getting better movie roles - no one wanted to cast Afleck for anything worthy of oscar contention.

Wow, Affleck is definitely neither. One of the best directors in history? Really? And he's not a terrible actor either.

Affleck will be shitty.

Could be worse.

They could've picked Sam Worthington.

CryptiK

Affleck will be shitty.
Oh god this was a quote from another read. Sigh sorry for the bump.

Regginator

Mother of necro bump brah.

Fun to read all the comments now though haha, I mean we still haven't heard a lot of Affleck dialogue, but at least he looks great as Bruce and Bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom