• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spent the whole day listening to the OST on repeat.

I gotta say, it's been a very long time coming, but I think just for...

'I Will Find Him'
'Flight'
'If You Love These People'

This is easily the best pump up/inspirational soundtrack since Rocky IV.

The horns and the drums in this are just so god damn magnificent. I love them to death. Piano stuff is fantastic as well. Zimmer's best soundtrack in my opinion.

SOOOOO EXCITED to see what he does on the next film.

Yeah, I really think Affleck is gonna be what gets Goyer that much needed extra layer of polish.

That's my reckoning. The hope I have looking at his directorial and writing efforts, he'll temper Synder's tendency to bombastic nonsense and Goyer's goof-factor.

I would love to see Zane as Luthor, he sounds right, looks right and it's a casting as out there as Affleck and change and difference is good.

I so don't want Cranston (to obvious) or Strong (inexplicably over used, decidedly bland actor). If Strong was cast I would lose a lot of interest right off the bat.

shira

gangster-squad-josh-brolin1.jpg

Too old.

yami4ct

[IG]http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/gangster-squad-josh-brolin1.jpg[/IMG]
Too old.

For what they're supposedly going for with the new Bat, I think he'd have fit perfectly. I don't hate Affleck either, though. Waiting to see a first image or trailer before I start judging. He could work. If this is how we get him directing JLA, I think I'm OK with that.

shira

For what they're supposedly going for with the new Bat, I think he'd have fit perfectly. I don't hate Affleck either, though. Waiting to see a first image or trailer before I start judging. He could work. If this is how we get him directing JLA, I think I'm OK with that.

They don't want respected actor, they want butts in seats to sell 3D in America and get international audiences to have at least one familiary name/face.

my only two choices for bruce wayne/batman before a batman/supes movie was even announced were either josh brolin or viggo mortensen

never in my wildest dream would i have thought they'd give it to buttface

Liamario

Banned
Disgusted to read the Josh Brolin was being considered. Sounds like he would have done it too. I wonder what changed or who got their two cents in that would have changed things.
So very disappointing.

Blader

eh, I don't know if I think Brolin is any better of a fit than Affleck, even for an older grizzled Batman.

Viggo would've been fucking dope, though.

Wiktor

That would have been pretty cool, but I think/hope Affleck can pull it off.

Affleck seems better choice than Brolin to be honest. As he can play Wayne convincingly, while Brolin doesn't seem to fit that role.
Plus he's just an actor. The biggest reason why I think Afflect might actually be the very best choice for Batman is that I expect him to write and direct standalone Bats movies.

If they are TRULY wanting to go for the Returns look then even someone like Brolin would still be way too young unless they go nuts on make up on him...

I mean how old is the Returns Batman supposed to be? From the looks of the Comic i'd say in his late 50s/early 60s even

I love the way WB was prepping him for the internet backlash. That Ben Afflect clip from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back about the internet is just a perfect sum of up of what happened since the announcement.

I imagined that during the initial backlash he found himself constantly repeating his dialog during that scene like a mantra, trying not to be disheartened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom