• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonogunn

I agree. As much as I love Cranston I don't want him as lex. Give me a younger lex closer to supe's age who's physically built. Isn't that part of lex's demeanour? That he seeks to master everything?

Cranston is out of shape and I truly doubt he'll bulk up at his age.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I agree. As much as I love Cranston I don't want him as lex. Give me a younger lex closer to supe's age who's physically built. Isn't that part of lex's demeanour? That he seeks to master everything?

Depends on the Lex. Lex is also the guy who gave so much to humanity, that he envisioned himself dying as a pillar of humankind like Ghandi, Archimedes and Alexander the Great rolled into one. Then this alien bastard crashes to earth and suddenly everybody forgets about all the shit you've done and steals your press, fans and glory. This is a Lex toward the end of his life, looking back on his works and realizing that because of a being that will never get old, it all means nothing to humankind. And that pisses an egomanic like him right the hell off.

Log4Girlz

As great as Cranston is, I'm kind of tired of having old men Lex Luthors. Give me a young Lex who aspires to be both the mental AND physical peak of human perfection. Someone who can go toe to toe with Bruce Wayne in this case, or like an evil version of Tony Stark. Fassbender is still my dream pick. Don't even make him bald either. That's cheap.

I'm tired of evil villains. I know its "classic", but its boring. I would rather have Lex be like Red Son. An adversary, but not evil.

Kopite

Can someone link me to an avatar of this without the title and the words "Ben Affleck"? I saw a Gaffer using it, I want to use it for another forum.

Cheers.

EDIT: I've found one!

neorej

ERMYGERD!

Tom Hardy as Lex Luthor.

He broke the Bat, now he'll break the Supe.

Dram

I'm just wondering what their long term plan for this is? Affleck's forty one right now and he'll probably be forty three when the movie comes out. Aren't they planning on doing a series of Batman movies after this? Batman's a pretty physical character, so it's not like Iron Man where most of his scenes are cg, so I'm wondering if Affleck will be capable of doing action scenes in the future?

Bishop89

I'm just wondering what their long term plan for this is? Affleck's forty one right now and he'll probably be forty three when the movie comes out. Aren't they planning on doing a series of Batman movies after this? Batman's a pretty physical character, so it's not like Iron Man where most of his scenes are cg, so I'm wondering if Affleck will be capable of doing action scenes in the future?

Jackie Chan could do it all even at his age!

Solo

"......older, grizzled Batman....."

Bruce in a suit with some Beyond capabilities.

Effect

He's not going to actually be jumping off buildings himself. A combination of fighting choreography, stuntmen, the right camera placement along with special effects should cover things. It's a movie after all.

Billy Zane would be the perfect Lex Luthor.

IdB69D9.jpg

He has the voice for it to! Just listen to his voice acting from the first Kingdom Hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHqh3QmUkvc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZGOlHmsfI

cdkee

Banned
Man that fan made trailer was pretty cool.

I definitely think they should incorporate elements of the Beyond suit for Batman.

G-Fex

LOOOOOL Dat fucking shitty looking armor

and looks fake as fuck. Especially the batnipples part.

Plus it just looks like a DeviantArt art "Inspired" by the Dark Knight Armor

I'm not so sure about the cowl, but cowl-less Affleck in the suit looks pretty baller. I really like the gold symbol. But yeah, not feeling that cowl. The rear of the cape and the suit itself looks terrific though. I would love this suit on film. Like the new bat-symbol. Reminiscent of Nolan's but a bit different. Suit better be a lot more flexible though. Flexibility is key. There's no way that Nolan-armour would even remotely work when stacked up against Superman.

Lol, "Ben wants no Bat-Nipples"

I enjoy MovieBob immensely in all topics except when DC and/or Marvel are involved.
He now groups Man of Steel and Dark Knight Rises with Green Lantern, which is just beyond crazy.

His other stuff on his "Big Picture" show is all great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom