• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus Black Friday in July Deals.

vulva

I love how the deal picture shows Mario Maker and Star Fox and both sold out.

I ordered Yoshi just now I'm pissed about Star Fox. I was checking out things to do one order.

What type of member exclusive sale sells out in the middle of the night in less than two hours?
One with really good sales

neonglow

Didn't expect Star Fox to sell out. This early sale was limited to Elite members and I don't think many people realized the sale was actually happening. It probably didn't move that many units. It has to be a glitch of some kind.

Kusagari

I love how the deal picture shows Mario Maker and Star Fox and both sold out.

I ordered Yoshi just now I'm pissed about Star Fox. I was checking out things to do one order.

What type of member exclusive sale sells out in the middle of the night in less than two hours?

The one with Nintendo games cheaper than they ever get.

Star Fox and Mario Maker are back in stock. It really was a glitch.

Thanks. Just ordered Star Fox.

I was wondering why Star Fox could sell out so quickly while Yoshi was staying in stock fine.

Considering it's stated there are limited quantities perhaps the allocated stock was sold but they realized that they couldn't have the deal disappear that quick.

Mario Maker and Star Fox are actually pictured.

Are we sure GCU stacks? I am not getting an extra discount in my cart...

It's not listed separately, but it's definitely stacking. If you look at the ad page, it's saying Wii U games for $29.99, but they're all showing up for $23.99 if you have GCU. The website is just lumping all the discounts together now.

Bought the Skylanders Superchargers packs for Wii /Wii U. $15.99. Might as well since you get the games plus the exclusive Amiibo.

Is it elite exclusive? Or is it just early access for an event happening in a few days?
Also, I imagine this is online only, right?

Pejo

Debating on Star Fox and Ratchet..hmmmmm....

This whole sale is pretty underwhelming though. For as bad as Prime Day was, it at least had some legit deals.

StereoVsn

Got Mario Maker and Yoshi. My daughter is going to love both I am thinking and I wouldn't mind messing around with Mario Maker. Really wish I would have waited on Xenoblade X.

bman94

Elite status is automatically awarded when you spend $1,500 or more on qualifying purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com in a calendar year, or $1,500 or more in total anywhere on the My Best Buy Visa®.

Elite Plus status is automatically awarded when you spend $3,500 or more on qualifying purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com in a calendar year, $3,500 or more in total anywhere on the My Best Buy Visa.

Haha what? Okay Best Buy.

dralla

Damnit, I would've bought two copies of Mario Maker. My nephew's birthdays are coming up. I'm not elite though *sigh

I ordered Yoshi and the Zelda amiibo. Unrelated, but I tried ordering Kirby and the Rainbow Curse a few days ago, but for some reason my payment was declined despite having cash in my account.

bman94

It's a loyalty perk for big spenders.

Well that's a really big threshold for minimum purchases. Like you would have to buy something pretty expensive like a home theatre set up, 4K TV or home appliances to even get close to this.

Joei

Well that's a really big threshold for minimum purchases. Like you would have to buy something pretty expensive like a home theatre set up, 4K TV or home appliances to even get close to this.

The easy way is to get it by using the BBY MasterCard. I spent 3500 a few months into the year since I use it for all my purchases and renewed my elite plus membership pretty quickly, just like every year. In addition to the points program, it's another benefit.

Edit - to clarify, it is not a store credit card, but rather MasterCard through CitiBank I believe, but applied at through Best Buy and tied to their rewards and benefits. It's comparable to another credit card with a points or rewards program (I personally pay it off every month).

Top Bottom