• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're mistaken.

Yup, this is the correct answer. Show her the puppy, talk, have a drink, hang out. Only play something if she brings it up. Only play something that would be familiar to her and you can play together if actually do. (Nintendo is good for this.) This is not an opportunity to try and make her excited about your hobby.

Seijuro

Hilarious how threads like this just won't die. Do people sub to them and randomly reply years later? 😀

On topic though, if someone else is asking the same questions: Show her games if you know her to be somewhat of a gamer (and only then), otherwise don't! If it works out you will get the chance soon enough.

If you want to talk a bit about video games that's fine, but my advice is to keep it light if she's not a gamer herself... there are a lot of interesting things to talk about, don't fixate on the one thing she might not find that interesting, she might not even come back to your place.

BTW, nice strategy with the puppy.

People who are actually answering with games:

Be honest -- do you ever get laid?

Not a troll just wondering if games can actually lead to sex ...

LOL I started with Dead Space 1 knowing that my girlfriend loved horror/suspense.

We ended up getting married, so in a matter of speaking, yes, I got laid. ;)

Now she playing and watching me play games.

A lot of girls play video games bud. (Although, it may not be the best out of the blue first date activity.)
Also I don't think anyone is claiming that video games are some kind of lubricant.

I had a girl play PT and Brothers on probably the fourth date. We ended up dating for quite a while.

JC Lately

Watching me beat SMB1 legit led to my wife and I breaking our first couch.

In fairness we were just newlyweds, just starting out then. You grow older together, things are bound to change.

Now we own sturdier furniture.

zenspider

I'd go with Mario Galaxy or Galaxy 2, if you have a Wii U maybe 3D world but I personally found Galaxy 1 and 2 to be much more of an achievement then 3D world.

NOOOOO.... that'a a big leap for a lapsed gamer to wrap their head around. NSMBWii or Super Mario 3D World if you insist on going Mario.

Many moons ago my non-gamer girlfriend got hooked on NSMBWii and played while I cooked. I don't know anyrgung about this girl, but I might even recommend like Until Dawn or Heavy Rain - something cinematic and less interactive.

Really, I'd agree with the posts to maybe hold back - first dates should really be about each other. Save the entertainment for down the road, when both your minds aren't racing in every direction. You might resent her lack of interesr with so much other stuff going on, ya know?

Well Idk, it depends. My gf plays a lot of League of Legends and some mobile games, out of all of my gaming library, the only game she truly LOVES is Bloodborne. She is addicted to it that in fact she told me she is considering buying a PS4 just for BB. ( Which happens to be my fav game alongside TLG.)

She is a keeper.

aett

So once, years before I was married, I was chatting with a lady on OKCupid and as the conversation went on, she said that she felt like coming over and making out with me. I said okay, and she emphasized that she only wanted to make out.

She came over, we had a brief chat as if that would make it less weird, and I felt like showing her the intro to Bioshock. It had just come out and I hadn't had a chance to show it to anyone. She didn't really care. We started making out and it did lead to sex, and she left that night.

The next day she had updated her OKC profile to say that she was in a relationship and she had uploaded at least one new picture featuring her with her boyfriend. I can only assume that she was looking to cheat on him for some reason. We never talked again, and fortunately he never came looking for me (during the two months I still lived in that city).

I guess my point is: if the woman is on a mission, it doesn't matter if you try to show her a game.

I know this is necro but it's interesting to see thought processes people have. Someone can actually do a thought train that leads to them thinking this would be a good idea. It's amazing and why I like people so much. Never a dull moment.

I had galaga 88 playing through my switch hooked upto the TV when a girl from tinder came round, to my suprise she said she loved old games, previously she told me videogames bored her, so was a bit suprised when she said she had a vic 20 and a master system growing up, then she grabbed the pad and died on the fourth level.

Dude, don't do it. Even if she was an avid gamer, don't do it. Not the first date. Not the second date. Unless she tells you she wants to game, I'd wait until you were in a full fledged relationship to show her the "evolution of video games" presentation.

Watching me beat SMB1 legit led to my wife and I breaking our first couch.

In fairness we were just newlyweds, just starting out then. You grow older together, things are bound to change.

Now we own sturdier furniture.

Well I stand corrected. Well done, sir!

So once, years before I was married, I was chatting with a lady on OKCupid and as the conversation went on, she said that she felt like coming over and making out with me. I said okay, and she emphasized that she only wanted to make out.

She came over, we had a brief chat as if that would make it less weird, and I felt like showing her the intro to Bioshock ... did lead to sex ...

The next day she had updated her OKC profile to say that she was in a relationship and she had uploaded at least one new picture featuring her with her boyfriend. I can only assume that she was looking to cheat on him for some reason ...

I guess my point is: if the woman is on a mission, it doesn't matter if you try to show her a game.

Wow. This is so 2017 (or close to it). Damn. I feel bad for the dude but you had to do what you had to do.

Raven117

Moral of the story, kids:

Don't show anyone (specifically women) "how far gaming has come" unless specifically asked. Play it cool, may be with a girl for a year and a half (or longer) like the OP...Show her a video game? Might as well keep it on as she isn't coming back.

So said the Raven.

Bloodborne. Show her you're a real man who aint afraid of shit

Srsly though I would avoid it on the first date unless she brings it up. Only time I've played games on a first date is when a girl saw I had Tekken and said something about she used to play it as a kid so we fired it up (briefly)

If you have a VR unit that can be cool to show people as well

royox

I never thought I could feel so much embarrassed reading someone on GAF.

OP THANK GOD you didn't show her any games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom