• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

13ruce

Banned
Seriously though if i was in his situation a simple coop game like mario kart probably is fine. Or any other casual like multiplayer game.

Seriously though if i was in his situation a simple coop game like mario kart probably is fine. Or any other casual like multiplayer game.

Yeah I find the best mix is nostalgia and co op

Lots of women my age (late 20s) don't play games but have fond memories of them growing up and are keen to see the latest installment and if you can play it together it's fun

I have a PlayStation VR, pretty much every woman I've had at my apartment comments on it and wants to try it

But yeah in terms of more serious gaming I would just leave it if she cared she would already know

I've been using OKCupid a bit lately, and I just got a date with a really cute girl lined up. We've sent several messages back and forth and chatted over the phone once. She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.

So on Friday we´re going to a bar in the neighborhood. She said she wants to see the puppy I have in one of my profile pics (I got a puppy like two months ago), so we´re going to come back to my apartment after the bar.

While I have her there, it´s probably the perfect opportunity to show her how far gaming has come since Super Mario World. What would be a good game for this? Originally I thought The Last of Us, but she doesn´t like zombies (she told me she gets scared by The Walking Dead), so that one is probably out, even though it´s probably the highest achievement we´ve seen in the art. So what else might work?

Dude... no.

Edit: just realized this thread is old as dust. Oops. The point stands.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
I date guys, but I remember having a hell of a fun time on a first date with Earth Defense Force.

Nowadays, something in VR would be nice to bond over.

Arc

I remember this thread but missed the previous bump with the happy ending, I wonder what go OP perma-banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom