• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond: Two Souls - Review Thread

Naminator

Banned
Can any reviewer ever give a Sony exclusive anything less than a perfect score and not get flamed?

I mean it's pretty evident even from some of the replies here that a shitstorm is to be expected already LOL.

daviyoung

Banned
You combine the controversial nature of Quantic Dream's games and philosophy with the critical and commercial success of surprise hit Heavy Rain, and you're going to have a very dramatic review thread in store. There will be too many emotions even for David Cage to handle.

And David Cage handles so many emotions already, everything from anger to slightly less anger.

iammeiam

Quantic Dream games seem to occupy this space where review scores are kind of meaningless. They're not games that require any kind of skill or planning, the writing is usually subpar, the plots veer all over the map. Usually all they've really got going for them in a measurable way is graphics. The rest is the combined 'experience' factor, which is what I enjoyed about Heavy Rain even if all the component pieces were a mess. I probably had a B or B + experience with Heavy Rain, even if most of the pieces were firmly C-tier or D-tier.

Which makes this thread fun because Beyond can score terribly and it doesn't make me worry at all about the end game. As long as it's not buggy as hell, I'm in.

Can any reviewer ever give a Sony exclusive anything less than a perfect score and not get flamed?

I mean it's pretty evident even from some of the replies here that a shitstorm is to be expected already LOL.

If only that happened with every single exclusive from all 3 companies. Oh wait.

Zemm

Regardless of if I end up agreeing with the opinion of the writer, I think the NY Times review is excellent.

yami4ct

Sounds like this is another David Cage came. Really love it or hate it. I'm cool with that. Dude makes stuff that's worth playing, even if I sometimes don't enjoy his stuff.

3u4q61.gif

"THIS IS BULLSHIT! THIS IS NOT A GAME!!!!!"

6/10

Seems like Destructoid's review.
"Pantomime"... heh.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Been playing it for 2 days now, I'm more than half way through, not surprised to see it scoring less than HR tbh.

Despera

Banned
Well I wasn't expecting much after the demo, which was a tad disappointing even for someone like me who really enjoyed Heavy Rain.

I'll get the full game regardless, still kind of excited to play it for myself.

The NY Times review is really good, and despite the reviewers criticisms it still feels like a title that I could enjoy.

Recommend a read.

Top Bottom