• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big shipment of PS4 at Target today?

BFIB

Tried searching for a PS4 availability thread, didn't see one. Lock if unneeded.

Was at Target in Shiloh by St. Louis. Had around 25 PS4s. Asked the sales rep, said most stores received an overnight shipment in the US. Might be worth checking out if your hunting for one.

Codeblew

Someone should go hang out in front of one of the PS4 stacks and take a picture every 5 minutes until they sell out and then make a time-lapsed gif of it.

komplanen

Now I'm more interested in anecdotal evidence on how fast they'll run out. If OP makes a visit to the same target in a day or two maybe let us know :)

Abdozer

I work at Target, we haven't gotten any PS4's since after Christmas I think. Didn't get any shipments. I stock electronics and unload the trucks. Lots of Xbones though. YMMV obviously.

SpartanN92

Banned
My gamestop has had a dozen of them for the past week. Same with Xbone's. We can't get rid of the damn things. Everybody in our town with any interest in next gen has gotten one already.

Majmun

We should actually have a nextgen availability thread imo. With pictures etc. (screw MS)

Do we have one??

My gamestop has had a dozen of them for the past week. Same with Xbone's. We can't get rid of the damn things. Everybody in our town with any interest in next gen has gotten one already.
Can't get rid of the PS4? Sony is doomed. Next Gen is canceled. :( Damn Sony stuffing the canals, no demand, overstock. :(

I think everyone expects some stores to have PS4 stock that hasn't sold out within seconds, purely logistics, but it had to be the store "Bryan Newman" on GAF works at.

Marc

No, supporting a flimsy corporation is what does!

I removed mine and use PSN cards instead which are sold cheaper than their value so end up 'making' money in a sense.

As a corporation I don't trust Sony looking after me as a customer, I trust their intent in gaming however so went PS4.

In the UK I have been seeing shipment alerts for places like Amazon, Argos and such doing deals so I assume their is a global push... not sure if they are shipping weekly or not yet?

Shingro

As a person literally posting this from a target break room I can say we've gotten none for a while. Actually I can't even find it in the PDA o_O I'll do some digging when I'm back on the floor

MqyywUz.jpg

try costco. Glenarden, Maryland

I bought one yesterday at a Target, in Nashville, TN. And yeah it was the first one I'd ever seen in the wild, but apparently Target at the least got a shipment.

I've been seeing a steady amount of them for a couple weeks now. Not a ton, but a couple here and there on the regular.

XOne's I've seen mountains of. Best Buy had a stack of them taller than me two days ago (and a couple PS4s).

So, hopefully anyone wanting either system is able to start finding them.

I hope you are right.

I'm visiting Miami in February and I'm afraid of not getting a PS4.. =(

In the UK I have been seeing shipment alerts for places like Amazon, Argos and such doing deals so I assume their is a global push... not sure if they are shipping weekly or not yet?

Yeah seen a few signs about ps4 in stock, and they are available in Argos and Game websites.

Loudninja

I removed mine and use PSN cards instead which are sold cheaper than their value so end up 'making' money in a sense.

As a corporation I don't trust Sony looking after me as a customer, I trust their intent in gaming however so went PS4.

PlayStation 4 consoles will be back in stock at retailers across the UK this week, Sony has promised.

The platform holder is currently advertising the stock replenishment in at least one national newspaper, advising customers to check with their local retailer for more information.
http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4_back_in_stock_this_week_across_uk.html

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
My Target had no PS4s, but had plenty of Xbones. Took pics, but still on phone.

gtj1092

Really I remember you saying ps4 and xone demand were equal before the launch and that xone actually had more preorders. Which you proved for your store but insisted that it would extrapolate to the whole country.

big_z

Ps4 and Xbox one are not that hard to get a hold of at this point. Stores are getting stock often enough that you can find them in store or online if you casually check now and then.

Microsoft is shipping xbones more often so they are easier to come by but the must have rush of the holiday season is dying out.

I personally don't understand the desperate need to have one with the software line ups being lackluster especially on the ps4. But I guess just being able to tell your friends is enough for some people.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ps4 and Xbox one are not that hard to get a hold of at this point. Stores are getting stock often enough that you can find them in store or online if you casually check now and then.

Microsoft is shipping xbones more often so they are easier to come by but the must have rush of the holiday season is dying out.

I personally don't understand the desperate need to have one with the software line ups being lackluster especially on the ps4. But I guess just being able to tell your friends is enough for some people.
The PS4 has hardly been easy to find.

Into

The PS4 is number 1 on both UK and US Amazon bestseller lists in gaming, so it is possible Sony sent a new large shipment out

Trevelyon

Uh-uh. I need to introduce you to my mate Kyle, he'd likely sock you in the mouth for that.

Into

So Sony and MS shipped the same amount of consoles? That then means there are 1.2 million Xbox Ones in stores, not sold. Quite significant

But that doesn't fit the narrative.

Doesn't make the rest of it untrue. I wouldn't buy either console with their current line-ups, and I was burned on "potential" last gen.

Edit: I've been tempted to get a PS4 several times this winter, but when the only game I'd play on it is Resogun, I just can't justify it.

Mung

Doesn't make the rest of it untrue. I wouldn't buy either console with their current line-ups, and I was burned on "potential" last gen.

Edit: I've been tempted to get a PS4 several times this winter, but when the only game I'd play on it is Resogun, I just can't justify it.

So why are you in a thread about ps4 availability?

Edit. Sorry replied to wrong guy!

Top Bottom