• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big shipment of PS4 at Target today?

uh, is this guy trying to seriously cite Wellington, New fucking Zealand as some crucial barometer of current worldwide Playstation 4 supply/demand trends?

Nope, I've said many times it's an anecdote and certainly doesn't represent anything of a worldwide trend. Anyone suggesting otherwise is reading something into it that isn't there.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
uh, is this guy trying to seriously cite Wellington, New fucking Zealand as some crucial barometer of current worldwide Playstation 4 supply/demand trends? I mean, that's as insane as saying the PS2 had a mediocre library.

Lunacy, bra.
He replied to someone saying Australia and NZ were identical and said in his experience that is not the case. He explicitly said this isn't representative of the global demand, but may have written it in a way that it read that it's representative of NZ demand.

Krisprolls

Banned
For people who haven't noticed yet, when a shipment arrives in a store it does not magically disappear from it so of course there'll be a period in which you'll be able to see consoles in the store, even if it's only for a day or hours.

Yeah seriously. Sometimes gaf is just crazyland, my head hurts.

people are buying those though. They'll be sold out by the end of today or middle of tomorrow. That's the sad thing lol

Yeah, people were paying upwards of $1000 for PS4s on Trade Me right up until Christmas. It's one of the reasons I'm glad stock is more readily available, as it will put an end to scalpers. (Although, I must admit, a little evil part of me contemplated for a moment buying two and chucking one up to make a profit from the naïve.)

The sold out thing does wonders for the psyche. Again, I'm still tempted to go down and get one right now even though there's nothing I want to play because even with supply available, it's a hot item right now and there's a lot of FOMO and keeping up with the Joneses.

Someone elsewhere suggested that JB HiFi might have got a lot of stock because they're the only store in Wellington, whereas EB and The Warehouse have many stores all over. So JB would get all the stock that would be spread amongst other retailers. Makes sense.

spwolf

Heh, I wish. It's still stupidly cheap though if you look at what a 500GB PS3 goes for.

Anyway, Dick Smith said that the distribution centre has them but they haven't been sent out to stores yet. They said it probably would be next week.

Harvey Norman had three.

Noel Leeming said they weren't expecting another shipment until mid-February, so no idea what's going on there.

EB was out but that's no real surprise as that's likely where a lot of people do their game shopping other than The Warehouse.

JB still have 21. The shipment was 63 so the box counters were correct.

Tempted to go down and get one, actually. I wonder if it's worth the missus rage...

Also, it was really funny to hear the stores that were sold out trying to sell me pre-orders and I was just like "Nah, I'll go down to JB HiFi." They all sounded so shocked.

I wonder what the distribution of orders were.

so what, in 7 days PS4 will be nowhere to be found again in NZ? No more begging for sales? :)))

so what, in 7 days PS4 will be nowhere to be found again in NZ? No more begging for sales? :)))

LOL. People are really up in arms about that. Sorry, but it's just how it came across to me. Maybe it was the whole "tell a friend" thing. :p

fancy umlaut

Internet Explorer does it automatically. The one that made me laugh was when I typed in Gamerscore and it capitalised it the G (like just then). I was like "Okay then, Microsoft." ^_^

Here in AZ where I live, the costco by me has had $489 ps4 bundles in stock for 3 weeks in a row now. Or at least on saturday when I've gone. The bundles include an extra controller and 1 year of ps+.
I have yet to see just the system in the couple of best buys I've gone to.

I took a picture
3384466a.jpg

Here in AZ where I live, the costco by me has had $489 ps4 bundles in stock for 3 weeks in a row now. Or at least on saturday when I've gone. The bundles include an extra controller and 1 year of ps+.

I took a picture
Well costco is membership only so many people wouldnt have access to that unless they bought a membership or had a friend get it. Although in my area it seems like nearly everyone has a costco membership its always crowded, plus its a bundle but even still it should sell being how ppl buying normal units over msrp.

At some point they will have supply match demand at it will start at a few stores and then spread, it wont be equal everywhere. Then the scalpers wont be able to make money and return their units make supply better.

spwolf

At some point they will have supply match demand at it will start at a few stores and then spread, it wont be equal everywhere. Then the scalpers wont be able to make money and return their units make supply better.

by April they should have a good supply of PS4's everywhere...

I took a picture

#TeamCG

noobie

Banned
Dang, people think "thousands" is a significant shipment size for New Zealand? Then again it is a really small country. Still, just goes to show how such a small channel can be stuffed with minimal effort.

With the population of 4.5 million i dont think Sony expects to ships millions in there and sell them out. :)

Top Bottom