• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Remaster 1/2 free upgrades now live on Steam.

xzeldax3

Do the remasters replace the old versions or are they separate listings in your Steam library? Can you no longer use the old versions?

dr_rus

I wonder how much shit we can toggle on or off and tweak in the ini? Maybe we can turn on missing effects? Like, if we added values present in the original's ini file?

The INIs are located in %AppData%\Roaming\BioshockHD\ and they aren't encrypted so there's certainly some potential there.

Do the remasters replace the old versions or are they separate listings in your Steam library? Can you no longer use the old versions?

Separate, old ones are still in your library.

gdt

Separate.

So the old one is still good. Should make for some interesting comparisons....

Clockwork

Resized from 3840x2160.

4F4qvEm.jpg

Game runs and looks really good. Only fault with it is audio issues. You can hear splicers as if they were right next to you when they're in a completely different room.

Rizific

What the fuck is up with the mouse in the menus? Keeps getting stuck on shit. Felt like I was having a seizure trying to hack the drone.

def sim

I've had to restart after losing audio completely and the difficulty I chose didn't stick for whatever reason. Other than that, it's an easy game to drive and performs very well.

lmimmfn

finally got it working, full screen, theres no 21:9 support, so in stretched 16:9 with no custom FOV slider it looks like $hit
No way to turn off mouse acceleration, like cmon, its 2016

What a great gesture by 2K. Another reason to game on PC!

Can I honestly ask all you PC gamers why you constantly have to give yourself reasons as to why it's great to game on PC? Lol (not directed towards you personally Qiotient)

Does make me laugh in every thread someone always mentions the fact they are playing on a PC.

I own all consoles and a mid range PC, so I understand it, I'm just always confused by PC gamers attitudes towards others

gdt

Can I honestly ask all you PC gamers why you constantly have to give yourself reasons as to why it's great to game on PC? Lol (not directed towards you personally Qiotient)

Does make me laugh in every thread someone always mentions the fact they are playing on a PC.

I own all consoles and a mid range PC, so I understand it, I'm just always confused by PC gamers attitudes towards others

It's probably a reference to the two huge PC threads this week since the pro announcement.

lmimmfn

read the comments on why its shit on PC and youll get a well balanced opinion :)

4jjiyoon

there's a glitch with the subtitle background/shadow, it doesn't continue all the way left. it cuts off about 3/4 of the way.

Lister

Banned

No guffaws when the Sony fanboys do it, in like EVERY thread?

Or maybe don't worry about people saying they like something about PC?

Jeesus this board sometimes.

strafer

Anyone be a doll and give me a screen of Elizabeths surprised face when you first meet her in Bioshock Infinity?

At work on phone. Bio 2 Remastered is showing my library but Bio 1 Remastered isn't and I have the original Bio 1. Do the games have to be installed for the remastered versions to show up in your library?

greelay

I have had these since forever ago from a steam sale. Never played them though, might have to now.

At work on phone. Bio 2 Remastered is showing my library but Bio 1 Remastered isn't and I have the original Bio 1. Do the games have to be installed for the remastered versions to show up in your library?

No, I do not think so. I did not have either of them installed and they both showed up for me.

mario_O

No. Check again in a few minutes, it should pop up.

They have done the bare minimum to these games. They're slightly improved, but this isn't a RE1 to REmake type of leap. Console owners are definitely getting the shaft on this. It's a $20 purchase at best.

4jjiyoon

downsampled 4k. looks lovely.

They have done the bare minimum to these games. They're slightly improved, but this isn't a RE1 to REmake type of leap. Console owners are definitely getting the shaft on this. It's a $20 purchase at best.

bare minimum? the textures and lighting have been redone. plus they're 3 of the best games ever made. i'd say it's worth a lot more than that.

downsampled 4k. looks lovely.

bare minimum? the textures and lighting have been redone. plus they're 3 of the best games ever made. i'd say it's worth a lot more than that.

The difference is there, but it's not a big leap. I knew that going into it and I got it for free, so I'm not complaining. Just pointing out that they've done very little to improve the first two games.

what issues?

- There's mouse acceleration and smoothing that you can't disable. There were some tricks to do it in the original, but none of them worked perfectly.
- Mouse sensitivity is way too high, even at the lowest value (1).
- When you set the sensitivity to 1, menus and things like hacks become unusuable because the mouse moves slow, skips in random directions and doesn't allow you to click on menu items.
- There's a lot of tearing and enabling vsync adds tons of input lag (more than it usually does).
- If you have a controller plugged in, you get Xbox prompts even if you don't ever touch a single button.

Good thing I did use the Minerva's Den add-on I bought during the Summer Sale.

I don't like how Bioshock 2 Remaster is above Bioshock Remaster on my games list. Should've called it "Bioshock 1 Remaster".

I had Minerva's Den from when it was gifted in the GFWL transition. Is it still included with the Remastered version or do I have to buy it?

Rizific

uhh, youre in a thread about a game being released on STEAM. did you expect us to be talking about the ps4/xb1 version?

Rellik

Good thing I did use the Minerva's Den add-on I bought during the Summer Sale.

I don't like how Bioshock 2 Remaster is above Bioshock Remaster on my games list. Should've called it "Bioshock 1 Remaster".

Oh god. That's going to drive me crazy.

Top Bottom