• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien |OT|

FACE

Banned
This game is still destroying my eyes, will have to hold off on playing until I get a better monitor or better eyes.

Glix

This game is still destroying my eyes, will have to hold off on playing until I get a better monitor or better eyes.

Your special eyes?

tumblr_ltjubo_Enei1qahk2y.png

oatmeal

Banned
It's far less distracting on the Gamepad.

What he said.

I'm playing on a 110"...so that might be why. I did switch to the pad for a bit and it was easier...but I find myself playing everything on the gamepad.

I want to experience the full screen damnit.

pswii60

Try to focus your eyes on Commander Video (your character) and not on the level. I find that helps. If I try to take in a wider view of the level then all that scrolling causes me eye strain too. I suspect the response time/ghosty nature of LCDs might be the cause. I'd love to try this on an OLED display.

I'm still getting tearing even with V-Sync On :(
This is why I have a plasma! The motion on this game is super-crisp on my GT50 with not a hint of ghosting, trailing or motion blur.

This is the worst type of game for showing LCD's poor motion resolution. In fact, any 60fps scrolling 2D game looks poor on LCD (Sonic and Joe Danger come to mind.)

atomsk

Party Pooper
Just got to world 3, and my only real complaint about the game is how the stop signs will sometimes fly RIGHT INTO THE CAMERA

Other than that, I'm loving it.

Futureman

Just got to world 3, and my only real complaint about the game is how the stop signs will sometimes fly RIGHT INTO THE CAMERA

Other than that, I'm loving it.

They don't really distract me, I'm usually so in the zone I kind of don't notice them I guess. Like someone said earlier, I think it's easier if you look at Commander Video more then ahead.

with that said, I'm in world 3 as well and the difficulty, as far as getting all the gold, is really ramping up. I think it was world 3 in the first one I couldn't get past.

Asimov

Banned
What's the general consensus about the Wii U version?

I have all the games on the Wii (WiiWare), I have the disc, the collection on the 3DS... I guess I should continue playing the series on a Nintendo console.

GulAtiCa

It's less distracting on the small gamepad. But more fun to play on my big TV. I find it a little funny and confusing that I can barely keep my eyes focused and yet still able to play the game fine. The original was like this too.

What's the general consensus about the Wii U version?

I have all the games on the Wii (WiiWare), I have the disc, the collection on the 3DS... I guess I should continue playing the series on a Nintendo console.

Looks and sounds pretty solid to me. Loading could be a little faster, but I can't really compare to the other versions.

Jarsonot

Man, this game is pretty awesome. Just got it this evening (Wii U) and have perfect on just about every level in world 1, decided to take a break. Still gotta go back and hit plenty of bullseyes, and I'm pretty sure I skipped a retro cart somewhere back there, but yeah. Great game.

My wife had the controller at the beginning and accidentally skipped a cutscene. Any way to see that again, aside from YouTube I suppose?

Asimov

Banned
Man, this game is pretty awesome. Just got it this evening (Wii U) and have perfect on just about every level in world 1, decided to take a break. Still gotta go back and hit plenty of bullseyes, and I'm pretty sure I skipped a retro cart somewhere back there, but yeah. Great game.

My wife had the controller at the beginning and accidentally skipped a cutscene. Any way to see that again, aside from YouTube I suppose?

I guess the only way would be to delete your save and start over again.

Question: Is it possible to back-up Wii U game saves?

NFreak

I've got the top scores in the first 2 levels of the game on the Wii U version. Now someone who's better than me go beat them!

backlot

Do you mean the cutscenes that play at the beginning of every world? They play every time you start the first level of that world.

You guys know what my biggest surprise for this game was?

Charles Martinet being the announcer and story teller.
I just love that guy <3

Also GODDAMN IS IT GOOOOOOOOOOD!

EDIT: Commander Video'd my avatar!

I'm assuming a demo is coming to the eShop soon because it's been listed in the demo section all day.

That being said I won't be buying this until I finish the first one. I finally got around to playing it from my Complete compilation. I made some good progress until I got distracted by Core...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm.. To buy this game on steam right now or wait for Wii U purchase later this year... Want it now, but gamepad play seems to be a thing?

Hellix

Only on world 2 but I can imagine the slide + kick and slide + jump is going to piss me off a lot more later on.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Crap. Isn't it updated in the afternoon or something ?

Will they release it this week on the PAL eShop ? I read that they didnt have a release date for the PAL eShop version :-/

When will the Vita version be released in europe ?

Volcynika

Beat the second world last night and only did the first level of the third. Been perfecting each level on hard so far (and doing at least three levels triple perfect for an achievement later on).

I wish it was quicker to start the game, it feels like forever to start it up and then actually get to the main menu.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Been playing this for the last couple hours, it may well replace my speedrunning addiction until Rayman Legends hits. Great game!

atomsk

Party Pooper
Unfortunately on the PC it seems like I have to choose between V-Sync and noticeable lag, or perfect timing and truly hideous screen tearing. (I went with the screen tearing.)

I was going to ask if you'd also tried D3DOverrider for vsync + triple buffering, but it sounds like windowed is the way to go. Oddly enough I might have played BIT.TRIP Runner in windowed as well.

I'm probably going to end up double dipping on a console version (either Wii U or Vita, depending on which I buy first) if I can't get this running any better. (Going to do some experimenting today)

Even in a window, it's choosing between input lag or having tearing and slowdown. You'd think a 5850 would be plenty, but no such luck

I've been playing fullscreen w/ V-sync, and I haven't noticed any issues.

I wonder what is causing problems for you guys. Hopefully it will get patched if enough people let them know about it. :(

Top Bottom