• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien |OT|

I'm probably going to end up double dipping on a console version (either Wii U or Vita, depending on which I buy first) if I can't get this running any better. (Going to do some experimenting today)

Even in a window, it's choosing between input lag or having tearing and slowdown. You'd think a 5850 would be plenty, but no such luck

Weird, it's fixed for me in a window and plays fine, on an old-ass 4890.

I wish it was quicker to start the game, it feels like forever to start it up and then actually get to the main menu.

This is one of my biggest beefs with games in general (and why I'm so excited about the suspend/resume features of the new consoles), but it's especially painful for games like this one that lend themselves so well to short, quick bursts of play.

Subtle

Updated OP with reviews, but I can't find too many.

Hey, I'll have an avatar! Thanks. Can't wait to pick this up on PSN.

Great! Nice to know I made something someone will use :D!

EDIT: I'd also like to point out a demo was made available today on the WiiU for those on the fence.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Does anybody else feel a little sick after playing this? I noticed I found it hard to watch a youtube video of the game running last week and thought I was coming down with something, but playing it last night I could only last a few levels before starting to get a headache.

Makes me more dizzy than anything, focusing tightly on the character. Playing on the Game Pad seems to help a bit, rather than my big television.

zroid

Banned
Just played the demo. It's a really great demo for an awesome game. I will be buying it soon, for sure. Actually considering passing on Castlevania and using those funds to get this instead, heh.

This is one of the most addicting games I've played. Getting triple Perfect+'s is going to take a loooooong time, and I'll enjoy every moment of it.

Canon

Banned
Better than any WiiWare game I've played. So much freaking polish. But it breaks my system when I try to quit it.

NFreak

Gaijin has mentioned a patch is already in Nintendo's hands.

Hopefully that patch also has it so that your top score is recorded and not your most recent score.

Anybody know if there is any way to check out the leaderboards on other platforms without actually getting the game? Kinda want to know how my scores stack up against others. Trying to get a clean sweep on the top scores in The Welkin Wonderland. :p

Played the Wii U demo. The only thing that stood out versus the PC version was the lower resolution. Playing on the gamepad was pretty nice though!

I beat world 1, it's a lot of fun but the performance I issues on PC are becoming more of an issue as the difficulty ramps up.

Are all the console versions 60fps? I believe the first one was 60fps on Wii, and it was a dramatic difference coming to it from the 3DS version.

Played the Wii U demo. The only thing that stood out versus the PC version was the lower resolution. Playing on the gamepad was pretty nice though!

I thought the PC version was 720p only (stretched to your monitor's native resolution in full screen), which is the same on consoles.

Up to the last world (I think). On normal (Just Right), this is MUCH more forgiving than the original, but still tons of fun. Going to unlock all the levels and then tackle Rather Hard. Even without too many repeated attempts, I have perfects on maybe 3/4ths of the Just Right levels and perfect pluses on half to two-thirds.

Incidentally, I'm going to bravely throw my Bonk:Beat ratio of 2.84 out there so far.

zroid

Banned
As soon as I played the game, all my reservations about the art style disappeared. It just works. And the presentation is really high quality all-around. Charles Martinet's narration is superb.

I have competition for my one and only first place postion! But as I said before, I knew of more dances that were possible, so here we are.

chzJEZM.jpg

I thought the PC version was 720p only (stretched to your monitor's native resolution in full screen), which is the same on consoles.

Is it? Even if so, it still looked fuzzy compared to the PC version. Not enough to notice without being on the same TV and switching back and forth.

Yes Boss!

Yep, game is awesome.

Initially thought it was too busy with the polygon graphics but I got used to it. Love al the detailed stuff to go for. I'm just having a ball playing all through the first world.

Thought I'd hate the dancing but it is probably my favorite addition.

WoolyNinja

The game takes any complaints I had about the first and fixed them, and then also improved upon things I didn't even think needed improvement. Love this game!

Shady859

Played the demo and it's better than expected, i'm new to the series btw. The $15 price seems steep but I just redeemed a bunch of bing rewards for XBL points. Prolly will grab it once they come in assuming I don't spend them on the deal games this week.

Regarding WiiU problems above, maybe the WiiU has peaked already for next generation. ;P

Nicktals

Banned
Perfected the first two worlds in one sitting, pretty much all on normal. Not worrying about Perfect + yet, but have managed to do alright with the cannon regardless. Really enjoying it so far. I love the difficulty on normal, for now, but will certainly give hard a try next. Also, this means my wife (who loved the first, but couldn't get much further than the first world), might be able to see more of the game on her own.

-PXG-

I'm on the last world in the Wii U version. Just double dipped the PC version. Looks great in 2540 x 1440.

NFreak

I have conquered The Welkin Wonderland. Top score on every stage worldwide on Wii U. I see UltimateIke has a higher score than me on Cumulonimbus Conundrum on PC. I think I have like 1,885,000 or something along those lines.

Anyone else get disconnected a lot on the Wii U version? I play for a bit and the leaderboards stop showing up. And more importantly as far as I can tell you lose out on scores being posted.

NFreak

Anyone else get disconnected a lot on the Wii U version? I play for a bit and the leaderboards stop showing up. And more importantly as far as I can tell you lose out on scores being posted.

Sometimes I notice it says I am not online but that is fairly infrequent. It happens occasionally though.

rockx4

Damn I kind of suck at this lol. I've tried to play on hard, some of those quick jumps get to me. It feels like there is so much on the screen that I sometimes miss things. Also going to the jump on the checkpoint and then missing something and restarting sucks.

Beat the Welkin Wonderland yesterday.
Perfects EVERYWHERE!
Perfect+s on most stages even. All on Rather Hard.

I love this game. It's so beautiful and for some reason I like it much more than the first game. Maybe because it seems easier.

Just got the game.

Runs like a dream on my ancient hardware (100+ FPS without Vsync at 1080p, other settings on, on a Core 2 machine coupled with a Radeon 4670), had to turn off Vsync like many other PC users here though for maximum responsiveness.

Absolutely loving it.

Hellix

I just cannot hit the bullseye. Some times I think I know when to hit but nope...

Edit: Also, World 4 is fucking horrible on my eyes.

PopeReal

Never happened to me and I have been putting in serious hours.

Okay, NinjaSoup. You've had your fun. Please let me have this one stage. It is the only one I've tried to get first on. This is the third time I've had to go back and redo the stage for a higher score. ;~;

Top Bottom