• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther - Official Trailer

I also dislike mirror villains usually but Kilmonger looks seriously badass

I don't see what people are saying about the CGI, it looks way better than the teaser during the NBA Finals

I'm way hype. That scene where Panther drops from the airship and throws the bombs at the cars!!

My favorite is when Klaw shoots the car T'Challa is cat surfing on so he wall runs and jumps on to Klaw's car and pulls out the wheel. This movie is going to be so badass!

strafer

With a history of so many iconic comic book covers, why are Marvel’s movie posters all so generic? Surely they could get the artists to do more?

This has always been a problem with Marvel, but I do like that one with Captain America from Winter Soldider.

This one.
latest

Slayven

We live in a timeline where Guardians of the Galaxy is a huge success and the sequel to Dark World looks like the best Marvel movie yet. This is the price we paid with the Trump reality.
Almost worth it

Is the Hillary reality the place where Batman v Superman was good?
Now that is crazy talk

Not too hot on Killmonger having a Panther suit... otherwise, Day fuckin' One.

We already know
Killmonger fucks with the heart shaped herb and it caused him to go crazy

Wag

Every big action movie have to have scenes in China to appeal to the "international" audience?

Surfinn

I gotta say, visually, this is the most appealing Marvel trailer I've seen in a long time.

The color palette is super varied but well balanced (not color vomit like Guardians 2)

Looks like a lot of fun.

Wag

Korean not Chinese, and not the same thing.

Hanzi (Chinese) - 你好
Hangul (Korean) - 안녕하세요

I didn't notice, the scene was very quick. I honestly thought it was Hong Kong because that's where a lot of the big action movies shoot scenes.

Thanks for pointing that out.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Y'all do realize that movie posters usually have a generic 'everybody on it' poster and then several 'stylistic' posters right?

We only recently got some good posters from Marvel with GOTG 2 and Thor R

Trailer was great. I liked the first a bit better, but my ass is day 1

Surfinn

Yeah I've gotta agree that I wish the CGI were toned down some. Big, zoomed out shots detailing the environment tend to look pretty good nowadays, but CGI humans still has a long way to go.

I hated it in Spider-Man too.

Not quite there yet

Zen Aku

We only recently got some good posters from Marvel with GOTG 2 and Thor R

Trailer was great. I liked the first a bit better, but my ass is day 1

That's subjective. Bu I just think it's weird people are complaining about group shot posters when you know they always have multiple posters for these kind of movies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Are most super hero main rogues -(hero)?

I wish it wasn't the case for this movie. I wanted a visually interesting villain.

I think it's a creative choice because that's the easiest way to write it in a first movie. You're exploring the hero, their origin/background, and the villain at the same time. Even Batman Begins kinda did it with Ra's. Second movie the mains are established and you can spend more time on whatever villain. Man of Steel too with Zod being tied into Clark's birthright or whatever.

Nearly every hero has some evil version of themselves to fight. Cause...comics. I think that maybe that's something they should've held back on revealing here, but it would've leaked cause of the toys anyway.

This looks great. It kicks so much "ass" too. Black Panther could be one of the best MCU films yet.

Really hate that Michael B. Jordan is just "evil Black Panther", it's always so boring when villains in super hero movies are just mirrors of the protagonist. But otherwise this movie looks sick

Mirror villains tend to work better though, or are easier write into a story anyway.

I don't know if I can relate with this cast and the use of (c)rap music is off putting

Jesus Christ! We get it, some of you don't like rap. Every trailer, if it uses rap, we get like 10 of these posts.

You may not like the remix, but can you honestly tell me, this is a bad song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGaoXAwl9kw

Trailer looks tight.
Going forward, I think I'll stop watching trailers after the initial teaser or trailer 1. Would like to go into these a little more blind.

I think it's a creative choice because that's the easiest way to write it in a first movie. You're exploring the hero, their origin/background, and the villain at the same time. Even Batman Begins kinda did it with Ra's. Second movie the mains are established and you can spend more time on whatever villain. Man of Steel too with Zod being tied into Clark's birthright or whatever.

Nearly every hero has some evil version of themselves to fight. Cause...comics. I think that maybe that's something they should've held back on revealing here, but it would've leaked cause of the toys anyway.

It leaked because of the toys like two months ago. But yeah, pretty much this.

louiedog

I hope Moviepass holds on until then. I'll see it either way, but it'd be nice to go multiple times and help make this thing a success so we get more like it.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Jesus Christ! We get it, some of you don't like rap. Every trailer, if it uses rap, we get like 10 of these posts.

You may not like the remix, but can you honestly tell me, this is a bad song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGaoXAwl9kw

Trailer looks tight.
Going forward, I think I'll stop watching trailers after the initial teaser or trailer 1. Would like to go into these a little more blind.
You’re getting worked by Slayven

Thought the trailer was alright. It's... fine, but coming off right after the INCREDIBLE New Mutants trailer... it's just so hard to be satisfied with exactly what I expect out of a Marvel movie. The bar has been risen for me and BP's trailer being just alright isn't enough.

I did like him a LOT in Civil War and I think Coogler is an excellent director, so I hope it'll exceed my expectations!

Top Bottom