• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther - Official Trailer

Sojgat

Yeah, that's the best looking suit I've ever seen in a superhero movie.

I loved the Civil War suit, but the new one is so much better.

Thought the trailer was alright. It's... fine, but coming off right after the INCREDIBLE New Mutants trailer... it's just so hard to be satisfied with exactly what I expect out of a Marvel movie. The bar has been risen for me and BP's trailer being just alright isn't enough.

I did like him a LOT in Civil War and I think Coogler is an excellent director, so I hope it'll exceed my expectations!

Q8ylQ_s-200x150.gif

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Looks alright. Mirror match villain seems rather uninteresting. Thought the first trailer was better.

Quonny

Cool trailer, but man were the blacks crushed or something? It was hard to see some of the stuff. I watched it on my phone and two monitors and it was really rough.

HeySeuss

If Thor didn't look so amazing this would definitely be my most anticipated Marvel film so far. Loved the way the helmet forms around the dudes head. Stark definitely going to have that tech soon.

I didn't realize Kilmonger and Clawe teamed up as the bad guys. I knew they were both villians but I didn't know they were working together. Looks amazing.

Surfinn

I didn't realize this film had a fuckton of people I know well from other stuff (haven't been following production). Lupita is looking great. I do wish they used her in a full costume in SW.

conpfreak

I love mirror match villains and they can be amazing if done right. Obviously, the characterizations of T'Challa and Eric Killmonger are very different. Say what you want about Man of Steel, but the Superman and Zod dynamic was awesome if that can be considered a mirror match villian.

Is it me, or the tech is waaaaay ahead of earth's MCU? It looks like Space MCU here.

It does feel like a whole generation ahead of the rest of the MCU world. Like, most MCU movies seem like "we're just starting to get sci-fi tech" but this is like "we've been on this shit for a while now, this is normal."

I wonder what kind of impact it will have on the MCU in the future.

OldRoutes

It does feel like a whole generation ahead of the rest of the MCU world. Like, most MCU movies seem like "we're just starting to get sci-fi tech" but this is like "we've been on this shit for a while now, this is normal."

I wouldn't be surprised if they have one Infinity Stone in there as well.

Okay, this was super hype.

From what I’m seeing, I can’t remember the last time a major mainstream movie developed such a cohesive Afro-futurist vision, or one at all (District 9 kind of did I guess).

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Well Wakanda is more technologically advanced than the rest of the world in the comics

They have to spur it along. Infinity War's gonna require that level of technology, along with the supernatural side of things.

That's the entire point of Wakanda.

They're light years ahead of the rest of the planet. Tony thinks he's hot shit because of the arc reactor, but Wakandans did some shit like render that technology obsolete before Howard Stark was even conceived.

Slayven

Zunes for everybody

Well Wakanda is more technologically advanced than the rest of the world in the comics

That's the entire point of Wakanda.

They're light years ahead of the rest of the planet. Tony thinks he's hot shit because of the arc reactor, but Wakandans did some shit like render that technology obsolete before Howard Stark was even conceived.

Oh, yeah. I totally get it. I'm on board for it. I'm excited to see how things could change if Wakanda becomes more integrated into the MCU world.

Harmen

I love that part where BP drops trough the bottom of an airjet(?) and drops those blue bombs(?), that also matched the music of the trailer excellently.

Overall, good trailer. Better cgi than last time and the design of the environments looks very interesting. Also a lot of fantastic costumes from the looks of it.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Okay, this was super hype.

From what I’m seeing, I can’t remember the last time a major mainstream movie developed such a cohesive Afro-futurist vision, or one at all (District 9 kind of did I guess).
We’re in uncharted waters here. I keep my fingers clenched and crossed that some studio decides to chase that Marvel money and greenlight a black space opera.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
We’re in uncharted waters here. I keep my fingers clenched and crossed that some studio decides to chase that Marvel money and greenlight a black space opera.

I think there's a big TV show and movie coming, both based off different novels. Now DC really needs to step their game up. They're leading with female centric projects but way behind on movies with color. No, Cyborg doesn't count lol

Even with the success of the ethnic as fuck Fast movies, you can tell studios are still gun shy. All the "me too" ripoffs lack diversity.

Hmm i guess MBJ's character made a pact with another animal god instead?

Is it me, or the tech is waaaaay ahead of earth's MCU? It looks like Space MCU here.

That's the whole point of Wakanda.

They are way above everyone on Earth technologically but you wouldn't know that due to their isolationism.

FOR FUCKS SAKE MARVEL

I'm tired of these doppleganger villains. Think of something original.

Hulk vs Abomination (Bad Hulk)
Iron Man vs Evil Iron Man
Ant Man vs Yellow Jacket
Doctor Strange vs Evil Sorcerer
Black Panther vs Evil Panther

I was all on board with Michael B. Jordan as killmonger until you made him another Dark Link version of your hero like every origin story.

This is a legitimate critique. He is obviously using the MCU formula, you know, since it works. Especially for these types of "start of trilogy" movies.

Trailer is amazing. Movie will be amazing.

Oh and I am also excited to the see the Asia poster lolol

shira

Chinese release date tbd

Pretty telling that there is a Korean or Korea-town scene and not a Chinese one

J_Viper

Hot damn, now that's a trailer. I only worry that it might have been a bit too revealing

It's cool to see Danai Gurira on the big screen. She deserves better than TWD

This is going to make so much money

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the fuck out of nowhere?

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Top Bottom