• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther - Official Trailer

Cuburt

Holy shit!

What a great surprise to wake up to. It looks great, even the VFX look improved over the first trailer a good deal. Lots of great surprises in there as well. I loved how they've handled the first 2 trailers for this and Thor since the teasers set the tone with a great song, then the next official trailer just blows open the door by building up the world with some great scenes. Don't feel like anything has really been even too spoiler heavy (though I know anything is too much for some people). It's a stark contrast to how Sony handled Homecoming, for instance.

lol I had a feeling after Star Wars and Justice League dropped trailers last week and everyone got shook, Marvel would wait a week and be like, "hold my beer". I didn't expect them to stealth drop it like this and have it be Black Panther's new trailer. The Infinity War lead up will be well worth the wait.

Wakanda makes Attilan look like a cardboard diorama of a prison colony on the moon.

Lemonz

We on meow

made some gifs

giphy.gif

DMQ_kpMVoAAmLr6.jpg

J-Skee

I literally haven't continued working since watching the trailer. This is going to be fucking amazing. I'm walking into the theater feeling regal as hell when this comes out.

J-Skee

Pretty much this. It would be incredibly tone deaf. If Cap is in this, it's nothing more than a small cameo and even that I kind of doubt.

I at least hope that T'Challa upgrades Bucky's arm with vibranium, gets rid of that communist star & gives it some Wakanda markings. That would be pretty dope. We wouldn't have to see it in this movie, but in future movie, it would be a nice nod.

With a history of so many iconic comic book covers, why are Marvel’s movie posters all so generic? Surely they could get the artists to do more?

kewlmyc

I'm confused as to how the Black Panther suits work.

Looks neat regardless, though a little too reliant on CGI (then again what isn't anymore in blockbuster movies).

ZeoVGM

Banned
I at least hope that T'Challa upgrades Bucky's arm with vibranium, gets rid of that communist star & gives it some Wakanda markings. That would be pretty dope. We wouldn't have to see it in this movie, but in future movie, it would be a nice nod.

I believe the next time we see Bucky will be in Infinity War. If I remember correctly, they confirmed that he is not in Black Panther. (We'll see if they add in a credit scene with him or something. I'm expecting something epic since it's the last film before Infinity War.)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Damn Marvel can't be doing this shit on a monday

We live in a timeline where Guardians of the Galaxy is a huge success and the sequel to Dark World looks like the best Marvel movie yet. This is the price we paid with the Trump reality.

Cuburt

All I know about Black Panther is from MCU so forgive my ignorance, but is the villain here going to be another 'MCU's Evil Version of the Protagonist' or is there more depth to this character? That's kind of disappointing if it's another one of those boring villains.
I think people get too caught up on the superficial "evil version" powerset whrn it's more about the characters. I thought Darren Cross/Yellow Jacket was pulled off better than Adrich Killian/"The Mandarin" despite Killian being much more of an evil version of Tony than Obidiah Stane really ever was. Speaking of Iron Man villains, I thought Whiplash was good because of how he was characterized but it seems his lame whips then putting on a Iron Man suit makes people hate him.

I think Killmonger in this is supposed to be a little more of a gray area character where it's possible he may turn good by the end, because I've seen him described as having ideological differences with T'Challa about how to rule Wakanda which may mean since they may have the same goal, they may eventually become allies. It seems to me that Klaw is more likely the "big bad" and this trailer confirms his powerset will be very different.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Did they go back and reduce the eye size? Doesn't look goofy like in the first trailer.
9CHIg8B.png

[edit]

Yeah, seems like it.

Old.
7SxEIFD.png

New.
6VYm4K8.png

Takeaways:

+ Yo. T'challa's casual clothes are dope. I want his custom African swag. I'd rock that on the daily. The black formal suit and the white shirt that he was wearing walking in the Lion king savannah? Where's the amazon link?

+ Cast looks great. Wakanda looks dope. That busy street city shot was fire.

- meh on the idea of Panther vs Panther fight. Visually, the idea of a panther vs panther fight for the climax seems boring. At least if they were going to go this route, the could've played up the size difference and done an Iron Monger-style refit for Killmonger. David vs. Goliath is always fun.

+ Day one.

Zen Aku

FOR FUCKS SAKE MARVEL

I'm tired of these doppleganger villains. Think of something original.

Hulk vs Abomination (Bad Hulk)
Iron Man vs Evil Iron Man
Ant Man vs Yellow Jacket
Doctor Strange vs Evil Sorcerer
Black Panther vs Evil Panther

I was all on board with Michael B. Jordan as killmonger until you made him another Dark Link version of your hero like every origin story.

You do realize that almost every piece of fictional media out there featuring a fantasy or superhero protagonist has a dark doppelganger villain right? It's not just a Marvel thing.

Superman has Bizarro
Batman has Owlman and Hush (or if you wanna be on the nose Batzarro)
Green Lantern has Sinestro
Link has Dark Link
Mario has Wario
Power Rangers has the Psycho Rangers

There is nothing wrong with dark doppelganger if its done correctly. Its a silly complaint.

Top Bottom