• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue: Central Fiction Releases on November 1 (NA) and November 4 (EU)

G0523

According to Destructoid, Blazblue: Central Fiction, the latest game in the Blazblue series, will finally release in North America on November 1 and in Europe on November 4. The game has been out in Japan for about a year in arcades but was released on consoles just last week. There are still no plans for an English dub.

FSLink

Banned
Likely getting it used sadly. No English dub + busy with other games means it's not a priority.

A shame since I really like the playstyles of the new characters they are adding.

The no dub is still quite disappointing since I am so used to the English voices but at least we are getting the game so it is better than nothing I suppose.

Rutger

Banned
I'm glad it's so close to the Japanese console release. I decided to skip the last Extend since I enjoy GG more and felt like focusing on it, but I'm really looking forward to playing a new BB again.

This is supposed to be the last BB game right

Last of Ragna's story. It's pretty popular in arcades as far as I know, so it's likely not the last game overall.

FSLink

Banned
Great news.
Speedy releases is all i need for my fighting games.

Meh, they released JP and NA releases in the past near each other and still had a dub. At the very least they could say they will offer it as DLC later on.

Calamity Trigger:
Arcade: November 19, 2008
JP: June 25, 2009
NA: June 30, 2010

Continuum Shift:
Arcade: November 20, 2009
JP: July 1, 2010
NA: July 27, 2010

Chrono Phantasma:
Arcade: November 21, 2012
JP: October 24, 2013
NA: March 25, 2014

Central Fiction:
Arcade: November 19, 2015
JP: October 6, 2016
NA: November 1, 2016

novabolt

Are we getting a BB game every year? Cool if so but I get scared that the complete version will be out in a few months.

Meh, they released JP and NA releases in the past near each other and still had a dub. At the very least they could say they will offer it as DLC later on.

Calamity Trigger:

Continuum Shift:

Chrono Phantasma:

Central Fiction:
NA: November 1, 2010

Did i argue about dubs ? Are you trying to pass a message or are you replying to me ?

Ps: i live in europe , so your list is meaningless to me...and it's not even an accurate list

TWILT

Banned
Likely getting it used sadly. No English dub + busy with other games means it's not a priority.

A shame since I really like the playstyles of the new characters they are adding.

Same here. Guilty Gear is pretty much my main "anime" fighting game these days anyway. Oh well.

Calamity Trigger:

Continuum Shift:

Chrono Phantasma:

Central Fiction:
Chrono Phantasma isn't speedy. You are also missing the extend games.

kewlmyc

I really really want to know how the story ends, so I'm seeing it to the end regardless. It's a rental though.

Theosmeo

I'm surprised by the amount of people that are bugged by no dub. Not shaming anyone here but the fighting game is the last genre I'd think would have narrative presentation as a selling point to people. I understand that it's relevant in kinesthetics but usually people saying the same attack name over and over bores me if i understand the language, while i don't really care if it's in a language I don't understand. I'd probably set it to JP audio but I'd feel happier knowing both options were there for people.

Hubb

I'm surprised by the amount of people that are bugged by no dub. Not shaming anyone here but the fighting game is the last genre I'd think would have narrative presentation as a selling point to people. I understand that it's relevant in kinesthetics but usually people saying the same attack name over and over bores me if i understand the language, while i don't really care if it's in a language I don't understand. I'd probably set it to JP audio but I'd feel happier knowing both options were there for people.

There are people who are happy they never have to hear the dub in online play, so it isn't hard to imagine there are people who have an opposite opinion.

Plus not every fighter (or game for that matter) has a story line as big as Blazblue. Some of us have played with the English cast since CT, and the English dub are the characters to me. It's the same feeling as if a television show has to recast a favorite character of mine.

It's great that you feel that way, but not everyone feels the same as you. It boils down to opinions.

Slaythe

It's NeoGAF.

They represent 3% of the game's user base.

No offense, but yeah BB is mainly bought because it's a fantastic fighter, the new mechanics and characters are sick, that's enough for most people.

Also, Europe getting it at the same time as the US is great.

/shrug

I personally imported the japanese version digitally. So yeah.

Veedot

Calamity Trigger:

Continuum Shift:

Chrono Phantasma:

Central Fiction:

CF came out 6 years ago in NA and they couldn't do a dub?!
jk

FSLink

Banned
Chrono Phantasma isn't speedy. You are also missing the extend games.

Only listed the "main" games, and yeah I had originally in my message that CT and CS were pretty speedy. Accidentally deleted the line I guess.

Did i argue about dubs ? Are you trying to pass a message or are you replying to me ?

Ps: i live in europe , so your list is meaningless to me...and it's not even an accurate list

Not really directed at you, just that they could have done a speedy release here as well with a dub if they wanted to allocate budget/resources to it. Really disappointing they've decided to do otherwise recently.

I just have plenty of other fighting games to play and BB is even more niche here in Hawaii than the rest of the states so I don't really feel the rush to pick it up at launch like other fighting games. I usually prefer JP voices but it is a bummer an ENG dub isn't available for a conclusion of the story. I'd rather just pick this up used and not support that.

Zyrox

Probably getting it day 1 (EU release) because I want to play when the online community is most active (and most scrubby, so I can find players my level and learn).
Still disappointed about no dub though. Don't even know if I'll touch the story content, even though I wanna see Ragna's story through to the end...

Digital preorders up yet? :-D

BlazBlue draws in the visual novel crowd.

Only listed the "main" games, and yeah I had originally in my message that CT and CS were pretty speedy. Accidentally deleted the line I guess

Why would you omit those games though? Both were dubbed and it just makes it seem like the majority of the dubbed games were released rather quickly when they infact wasn't.

Arc System Works actively promotes the narrative part of the games and each of them has nearly 20 hours of voiced content. So that's probably why people care about them.

Daouzin

Outside of Smash, I don't really play Fighting games that much anymore, but I'll probably pick this up. I could use some BlazBlue on my PS4.

remz

Hearing english Ragna say INFERNO DIVIDERR, BITCH during his uppercut was one of my favourite things about whatever version of that game that was in, so sad to hear I can't laugh with the in fight trashtalking anymore, but the EU release being 3 days instead of like, a year after NA seems like an okay trade.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wish I got into this series from the get-go, because the story leaves me super confused at this point. A shame because I really enjoy GG's convoluted mess.

kewlmyc

It's NeoGAF.

No offense, but yeah BB is mainly bought because it's a fantastic fighter, the new mechanics and characters are sick, that's enough for most people.

/shrug

I think more than 3 percent of people are upset that there is no dub. Those boycotting? Who knows, but percentage of people upset about no dub is way more than just 3 percent.

I understand why people don't care about there not being a dub. It's a fighting game and a dub won't affect gameplay. But it baffles me why people just act like having no dub won't affect people and those who are mad that the ending part of a 100 hour tetralogy won't be featuring the character voices they're used to are being unreasonable.

Rymuth

Some info

• Central Fiction is the conclusion to Ragna's story
  • There won't be an Extend version for CF
  • Mori has moved on to his next game, it's unrelated to BlazBlue and it's not a fighting game

- siliconera

Garlador

Some info

• Central Fiction is the conclusion to Ragna's story
  • There won't be an Extend version for CF
  • Mori has moved on to his next game, it's unrelated to BlazBlue and it's not a fighting game

- siliconera
Makes me REALLY want a post-release dub DLC then more than ever.

Sucks getting to the conclusion without the people who've voiced the series for me for the past 8 years.
(Shameless plug for the Dub Petition. Hoping we can cross 5000 signatures).

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'll be waiting for the eventual PC release, hopefully the lack of dub at least means that it won't take as long to port.

Celcius

°Temp. member
When did the gaming elite become so fascinated with English dubs? I hought it was all about the pureity of the original product?

Not sure what "gaming elite" means but if you've played the story mode of any of the games then you know the voices of the characters are a huge part of their charm and this series in particular has some of the best voice acting around.

cj_iwakura

When did the gaming elite become so fascinated with English dubs? I hought it was all about the pureity of the original product?

BB's story mode is popular with a devoted niche, and a niche that enjoys the dub. Taking it out is like a huge middle finger to that entire fanbase.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's NeoGAF.

/shrug

I can see where the people who are unhappy are coming from- they like the voices and have been using them for years. It just wouldn't stop me from buying the game. But then I play with the Japanese voices anyway.

Me too. I see that the game downloaded already and will unlock later today!

Top Bottom