• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

what is nothing?

since i have no idea, i'll post an idea of what i think it should be. a meter built up either by damage taken or damage dealt, then when its full, and you're near zero health, you can transform into nothing mode which makes you invade another player's game, but as a beast; beat them, and come back to your world with full health, die, and go back to the spawn point.

i think that would be a sweet mechanic for invasions

Please spoiler tag that post for the ones who haven't been spoiled yet. Too late for me now.

What is an Amazon exclusive? The CE?

Cant be since I have it preordered on Bestbuy.

No, look at the last page. We're talking about this steelbook:

11025885_10152774966148358_1240114793087615783_o.jpg

Which you can get at german Amazon.

BriGuy

what is <spoiler>?

since i have no idea, i'll post an idea of what i think it should be. a meter built up either by damage taken or damage dealt, then when its full, and you're near zero health, you can transform into beast mode which makes you invade another player's game, but as a beast; beat them, and come back to your world with full health, die, and go back to the spawn point.

i think that would be a sweet mechanic for invasions

Beast mode
is specific to the player, not the player character.
It's triggered when you die multiple times to the same enemy/boss and lose a ton of progress. You'll know you've triggered it when your breathing increases in frequency and intensity, your vision becomes blurred by tears, and your hands cramp up from holding the controller too tightly. Frightened pets, broken controllers and smashed televisions can also occur at higher levels of beast mode.

HIR0

So Mantis, when is the spoiler thread going up?
I'm only interested in impressions of people who have the game.
Would you be able to post some of these?

jmaine_ph

Beast mode
is specific to the player, not the player character.
It's triggered when you die multiple times to the same enemy/boss and lose a ton of progress. You'll know you've triggered it when your breathing increases in frequency and intensity, your vision becomes blurred by tears, and your hands cramp up from holding the controller too tightly. Frightened pets, broken controllers and smashed televisions can also occur at higher levels of beast mode.
Lol. Perfect

Finalow

I'm assuming a lot of people here will buy it digitally along with having a pre-order for the CE/limited/standard retail edition.

never done that and it might be a stupid question but can you switch seamlessly between the two versions? I suppose that they use the same save, same trophy list etc.?

demons was absolutely brutal if you did it legit without the item duping.

farming that pure bladestone... *shudders* was absolutely worth it though.

dark souls was quite a bit easier as long as you commited to multiple playthroughs.
yup, item duping for the win. and even with that, pure bladestone ... ugh. I need to thank gaf for that platinum.

Dark Souls didn't require such annoying farming, still not an "easy" platinum by any means.

It depends. I just read about it and now I'm so hyped to know how it fucking works that I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I actually play it
Even then, imagine how much you would be blown away if you weren't aware of it before hand?
I want to know stuff like mechanics. I don't want to know about every enemy and boss or anything really about the story.
I don't consider that worthy for potential spoilers but whatever.

Floody

As the full Trophy list been leaked yet? I saw a couple of screenshots with a few of them,but would like to see how hard the Platinum is going to be.

Lemondish

I'm assuming a lot of people here will buy it digitally along with having a pre-order for the CE/limited/standard retail edition.

never done that and it might be a stupid question but can you switch seamlessly between the two versions? I suppose that they use the same save, same trophy list etc.?

Wait...people will actually pay double to get this game at midnight? That's fucking dedication.

As the full Trophy list been leaked yet? I saw a couple of screenshots with a few of them,but would like to see how hard the Platinum is going to be.

Apparently a good 70% of it is hidden, but the ones that aren't are normal souls fare.

The majority of the trophies are hidden. The only stuff that isn't hidden is the basics that you'd expect like collect all weapons.

Yes you can. It's the same game with the same save file on your PS4.

Finalow

Wait...people will actually pay double to get this game at midnight? That's fucking dedication.
I could (maybe) have waited for my CE to arrive but my situation is a bit different this time, let's just say that I have less than 2 weeks to play/finish/100% the game.

Lemondish

Uhh no I'd much rather be able to talk about the fucking game ya know?

How about peeps use spoiler tags on major gameplay elements?

Trusting on others to protect you from spoilers is a bad fucking plan, mate.

I'm telling you right now, anyone looking to avoid spoilers at all costs shouldn't be following this thread. That's just prudent fucking thinking.

I could (maybe) have waited for my CE to arrive but my situation is a bit different this time, let's just say that I have less than 2 weeks to play/finish/100% the game.

That's unfortunate. I hope you don't miss out on anything by having to rush too fast.

Finalow

Uhh no I'd much rather be able to talk about the fucking game ya know?

How about peeps use spoiler tags on major gameplay elements?
you probably meant "how about people posting spoilers in a thread FOR spoilers" and not "how to block a thread", then.

so, who's making a spoiler thread?

cerulily

I think we should have a legit spoiler thread now. Info is starting to leak in and will only get worse.

Edit: Whoops, it went up as i was typing. Thank you!

Do we know if all weapons are transforming ones?

Are there still normal weapons? I hope so!

of course, there's only 6 isn't there, so I shouldn't worry either way

Top Bottom