• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
The content in this game is just insane.

As a DS virgin, I ended up absolutely adoring BB, and beat the main game and the DLC in about ~60 hours. I think I did every optional area and boss in the main story + DLC.

And I eventually shelved it, even though I was still having fun, because I needed to focus on other games.

But here I am thinking:

I never did the Chalice Dungeons
I never farmed for gems or any stat boosters
I never played any PVP
I never started NG+ (or beyond)
I never started another character or build

I could easily see myself dropping another couple hundred hours into this game, if I only had the time. I really want to come back to it. And I should do it soon, because this holiday is going to be a bitch.

Ferr986

Never tried AoE. Will that mix well with a BB/BoM build?

Ah, okay. Is it worth getting STR to 25 for BB? Is the pay-off any good? That's another 15 levels for me and I want to stay in PvP/Co-op range.

EDIT: Top of the page... again...?

Would be surprised if its a big difference,b ut not sure 100%.

Sadly my BB character was already 25/50 so I never got to test the str increase in damage. When I get home I'll look for if I have another character to test it.

Ferr986

Tried hunters and beast dudes at Hunter's Nightmare. Damage should be similar for everything that has no weird resistances.

Mind you this was rather quickly done.

Uncanny Burial Blade+9

With base (8) ARC

10 str/50 skl

Without gems

Transformed R1 189
Transformed R2 403
Transformed L2 267
Quickstep+R1 202

With (shit) gems 22,3%/25,3%/21,5% phys gems (sorry, didn't farm gems with this char yet!)

Transformed R1 407
Transformed R2 828
Transformed L2 562
Quickstep+R1 457

25 str/50 skl

Without gems

Transformed R1 210
Transformed R2 439
Transformed L2 287
Quickstep+R1 237

With the same shit gems

Transformed R1 446
Transformed R2 889
Transformed L2 614
Quickstep+R1 501

I have another character with 25STR/50 SKLL and 27,2%x3 gems on it but he also has 15 ARC so I can't include it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Tried hunters and beast dudes at Hunter's Nightmare. Damage should be similar for everything that has no weird resistances.

Mind you this was rather quickly done.

Uncanny Burial Blade+9

With base (8) ARC

10 str/50 skl

Without gems

Transformed R1 189
Transformed R2 403
Transformed L2 267
Quickstep+R1 202

With (shit) gems 22,3%/25,3%/21,5% phys gems (sorry, didn't farm gems with this char yet!)

Transformed R1 407
Transformed R2 828
Transformed L2 562
Quickstep+R1 457

25 str/50 skl

Without gems

Transformed R1 210
Transformed R2 439
Transformed L2 287
Quickstep+R1 237

With the same shit gems

Transformed R1 446
Transformed R2 889
Transformed L2 614
Quickstep+R1 501

I have another character with 25STR/50 SKLL and 27,2%x3 gems on it but he also has 15 ARC so I can't include it.

Bloody hell. You don't do things by half! Thank you so much!

On the ones with gems it looks like - roughly - an extra 50 or so damage for 15 levels. If I've got the levels spare, it might top out the damage a little...

Ferr986

Getting an off shape radial blood gem, seeing that the curse is stamina down, crying tears of joy....... then noticing it's a Bloodtinge scaling gem, and not Attack. Tears of joy turning into tears of despair lol

Btw I'm up to almost 12 million Souls. I have nothing to use them yet I dont want to lose them now lol

Bloody hell. You don't things by half! Thank you so much! On the ones with gems it looks like - roughly - an extra 50 or so damage for 15 levels. If I've got the levels spare, it might top out the damage a little.

No problem man! Gains were decent once gemmed, guess its because how they stack damage wise.

Feel like dipping back to Yarnham whilst waiting for the DS3 DLC. Still so many weapons I've never used in BB - never used Blades of Mercy and any of the gun weapons except starter ones.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Feel like dipping back to Yarnham whilst waiting for the DS3 DLC. Still so many weapons I've never used in BB - never used Blades of Mercy and any of the gun weapons except starter ones.

BoM are balla, man. They play very differently to anything else I've used in BB. In point of fact, they play differently to anything I've used in all the SoulBorne games. Heavy on the dash and running attacks since (I believe) they get a small damage multiplier (could be wrong). Combos really well too.

Ferr986

BoM are balla, man. They play very differently to anything else I've used in BB. In point of fact, they play differently to anything I've used in all the SoulBorne games. Heavy on the dash and running attacks since (I believe) they get a small damage multiplier (could be wrong). Combos really well too.

Yep, Quickstep+R1 is where is at with the BoMs.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, Quickstep+R1 is where is at with the BoMs.

Yeah, you can't just run in and hammer people like most other weapons, you have to open up with a dodge. I'm finding pretty much every attack button has a unique move/animation off the back of dashing or running.

It may be overtaking the Chikage as my favourite weapon...

Jamesways

I never did the DLC, so I'm going through that now. I'm at level 127 and this is no joke.
The giant fishmen/walking shark guys are absolutely tearing me up.

Maria was an awesome fight.

And having a blood starved beast aka meatflaps in the dark cave in the river of blood was quite the surprise.

BB has such disturbing aspects in it, I'm finding this DLC to be full of unsettling things. The wife watching me play has commented many times that she hates this game and keeps asking me why the hell am I playing this awful thing. She's never heard of HP Lovecraft, and is NOT a horror fan.

Ferr986

Yeah, you can't just run in and hammer people like most other weapons, you have to open up with a dodge. I'm finding pretty much every attack button has a unique move/animation off the back of dashing or running.

It may be overtaking the Chikage as my favourite weapon...

My favorite is the Burial Blade, although I think a big part is that it looks so friggin badass.
Honestly I think the BoMs and the BB are a little similar, both have a higuer multiplier with their quickstep+R1 attack.

I never did the DLC, so I'm going through that now. I'm at level 127 and this is no joke.

And having a blood starved beast aka meatflaps in the dark cave in the river of blood was quite the surprise.

BB has such disturbing aspects in it, I'm finding this DLC to be full of unsettling things. The wife watching me play has commented many times that she hates this game and keeps asking me why the hell am I playing this awful thing. She's never heard of HP Lovecraft, and is NOT a horror fan.

Research Hall is for me the creepiest area in all the Soulsborne games I played (didn't play Demon's Souls so I dunno about Latria, but I think the Hall is creepier than DS3 Irythill Dungeon for sure for example). The dark room with the patients.... :/

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite is the Burial Blade, although I think a big part is that it looks so friggin badass.
Honestly I think the BoMs and the BB are a little similar, both have a higuer multiplier with their quickstep+R1 attack.

Oh that's on the list for sure. I messed about with BoM on my main, but I've never actually used the BB at all. I'm going for BoM, BB and the Rakuyo on this build.

Upper cathedral ward can be unsettling for females

Jamesways

Orphan of Kos downed. Took me several tries. What an incredibly aggressive boss. Very cool DLC overall.

I think I like this game more than DSIII. The lore is so compelling for me.

myco666

He clearly says they are working on a new IP and they are not working in Souls or Bloodborne. I don't think he can get any clearer.

That just means they aren't working on those now. Doesn't really mean they won't come back to it. I bet that if Sony offers enough money for Bloodborne 2 or what-ever spiritual successor From will do it then.

+350 hours later, I just discovered there's a lamp in Annalise room lol

Lol. Just how? Like I get that it isn't the most clear one but still.

Deku Tree

That just means they aren't working on those now. Doesn't really mean they won't come back to it. I bet that if Sony offers enough money for Bloodborne 2 or what-ever spiritual successor From will do it...

Gamespot: You've said you're done with Souls, but does that mean this is the end of the Souls franchise, or do you expect to hand that off to other directors? Does that extend to Bloodborne as well, or are there lessons you've learned from Dark Souls III that you'd like to take into another Bloodborne?

Miyazaki: This game marks a major "turning point" within the Dark Souls series. Just as it's been announced, we have two DLCs planned, but as it stands now, I'm not thinking about making any sequels or spin-offs. That applies to Bloodborne as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/

Matt Frost

Mizayaki: as it stands now, I'm not thinking about making any sequels or spin-offs. That applies to Bloodborne as well.

This makes me sad. But another Bloodborne might be a possibility since it sold well, Sony liked it and the critics and gamers praised it. Maybe in the near future. Hope.

Gamespot: You've said you're done with Souls, but does that mean this is the end of the Souls franchise, or do you expect to hand that off to other directors? Does that extend to Bloodborne as well, or are there lessons you've learned from Dark Souls III that you'd like to take into another Bloodborne?

Miyazaki: This game marks a major "turning point" within the Dark Souls series. Just as it's been announced, we have two DLCs planned, but as it stands now, I'm not thinking about making any sequels or spin-offs. That applies to Bloodborne as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/

"as it stands now"

myco666

Again "for now". He never said that there will never be more of Bloodborne or Souls from them. Just that they aren't working on them or planning to work on them currently.

Soulhouf

As much as I love Bloodborne (my favorite From Software game), I don't want a sequel. I prefer it stays unique and not like any other game.
I'm all for new IPs like Bloodborne was. That's the right way to do it I think.

Veelk

Banned
I think that From has an incredible art team that should try to do as many diverse things as possible.

We're never going to get Otogi back, but we could have a spiritual successor to it in the form of a Souls game. There's that fan concept art of a Sci-Fi souls game that they could do. Steampunk horror might be a bit similar to Bloodborne, but it could serve as something distinct enough to merit it's own game.

They've done Dark Fantasy 4 times at this point and I'd rather not have them get into the same rutt with lovecraftian horror.

silva1991

As much as I love Bloodborne (my favorite From Software game), I don't want a sequel. I prefer it stays unique and not like any other game.

I'm with you for the most part however, Bloodborne game squeal that takes place in the day time most of the time is tempting :3

I would love to see BB's world that isn't so brown and dark. hell maybe even less blood in it.

neoism

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/4sao6n/miyazaki_im_not_thinking_about_making_any_sequels/

no BB2

80-putting_gun_to_head_1c0115ab403b2fd1d31448ee14380f0619571b25.gif

Melchiah

I'd love to have a Sci-Fi version of BB, where we encounter Lovecraftian monstrosities in the fathomless depths of space. ;)

I also agree with this. I dislike the need for constant sequels.

Matt Frost

I would like a Bloodborne spin-off that happens in the middle of the infection or right on the beginning (day and night cycle)

Ethelwulf

I kind of agree with you. I would really, really like to see Bloodborne 2, but a new IP sounds even better. I just hope they stick with their formula. A futuristic, android-like Soul game would be killer imo.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
To all you people who are saying you are okay with BB being it's own thing. I would line every single one of you up along a wall and shoot all of you if it meant BB2 would be made. I would cut off my own legs and close the wound shut with a flamethrower. I'd sell babies off a street corner. I am that extreme about this, I have pages and pages and pages of ideas i've been jotting down, of side plots, of bosses, of lore, of just everything and god damn i need a BB2 so badly... Doesn't have to be Fromsoftware, it could be me from my garage if Sony would let me. Just... I need it, oh god I need. it. Sure, a new IP would be cool but it wouldn't have trick weapons or a sick dodge. It wouldn't be the same and I just really need more of the same with a fresh coat of paint. The idea I may never get that?

f2d0a720-f59a-0132-f3e1-0e18518aac2f.gif

To all you people who are saying you are okay with BB being it's own thing. I would line every single one of you up along a wall and shoot all of you if it meant BB2 would be made. I would cut off my own legs and close the wound shut with a flamethrower. I'd sell babies off a street corner. I am that extreme about this, I have pages and pages and pages of ideas i've been jotting down, of side plots, of bosses, of lore, of just everything and god damn i need a BB2 so badly... Doesn't have to be Fromsoftware, it could be me from my garage if Sony would let me. Just... I need it, oh god I need. it. Sure, a new IP would be cool but it wouldn't have trick weapons or a sick dodge. It wouldn't be the same and I just really need more of the same with a fresh coat of paint. The idea I may never get that?

I'm 100% with this guy. I will sob if bb2 is announced. I say this as a person who doesn't care for other souls games.

Melchiah

I couldn't agree more with you. On top of those, I really want more of BB's brand of Lovecraftian horror, and another marvelous soundtrack.

Top Bottom