• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Deku Tree

oh, I found a 31,5% Bloodtinge out of shape radial gem!..... but it has durability down, and the Chikage already has shit durability :( why.....

EDIT: Damn, do they make a difference though. +900 unsheathe attacks (+1k if it's a counter). Whoever have the patience to farm 2 of them they can have a monster in their hands.

Yeah I met this player on another board.

https://youtu.be/P9Rm5rZYt2o

99 Bloodtinge + perfect gemmed chikage vs NG Final boss.

I think it took 40 hours of farming and 1500 shotgun watcher kills to get those two off shape gems.

Ferr986

Wow, +900, that is even better than my +800 LHB... tempting to farm that radial gem... is the Chikage the best weapon in the game? Or the most fun to use? I like Rakuyo but that damage seems a lot better, and the ability seems interesting

IMO the Chikage is really fun if you use the blood mode because it pushes you to be more active, due to the HP drain mechanic. This and the unsheathe attack (L1 to R1) being a must as an opener makes it a fun weapon for me. Rakuyo is also fun but it doesn't have any different mechanic like the Chikage.

Mind you the Chikage requires a Bloodtinge build. Rakuyo also deals a lot of damage (without reaching Chikage levels), is faster and the gems are easier to farm. I personally have a build for both ,one with Chikage+Bow and one with Rakuyo and Blades of Mercy.... well, I have 5 characters lol

Christ. That's tasty. What's the visceral damage like?

It's pathetic lol Just tried, doing 1k on Hunters from the DLC Nightmare, so not worth it. Take into account I have base skill and I trade a 27 phys gem for 31.5 BT damage only. This is only useful if you're going full on Chikage Blood only.

Tbh with my setup no matter what I do I'll do more damage R1 spamming than standing still on that visceral animation.

Yeah I met this player on another board.

https://youtu.be/P9Rm5rZYt2o

99 Bloodtinge + perfect gemmed chikage vs NG Final boss.

I think it took 40 hours of farming and 1500 shotgun watcher kills to get those two off shape gems.

Goddamn!

So tempted to go for another one but yeah, dat farming.... tbh I'm not really sure if I found this gem now or I already had it. Was doing some gem clearance and found it sitting in my inventory lol

Also, the durab wep down is really harsh with the Chikage. I don't think it would last even one Chalice layer.

Matt Frost

^ They were farming for "perfect gems" so that took a bit longer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7QCArIOBpKQ

IMO the Chikage is really fun if you use the blood mode because it pushes you to be more active, due to the HP drain mechanic. This and the unsheathe attack (L1 to R1) being a must as an opener makes it a fun weapon for me. Rakuyo is also fun but it doesn't have any different mechanic like the Chikage.

Mind you the Chikage requires a Bloodtinge build. Rakuyo also deals a lot of damage (without reaching Chikage levels), is faster and the gems are easier to farm. I personally have a build for both ,one with Chikage+Bow and one with Rakuyo and Blades of Mercy.... well, I have 5 characters lol

Just farmed some really good 31.5% bloodtinge gems. It was t that hard IMO, maybe they buffed the drops. Now I need a Chikage with two slots for both gems and a third as well. Where can I find special versions of that weapon?

Wow 5 characters... I plan on having one with everything at 99, but sometimes wish to have a male one so I can marry the Queen of Cainhurst. Rakuyo is great with L2 and all that but I want so do a run that feels completely different from the other two and the Chikage seems like it.

Ferr986

Just farmed some really good 31.5% bloodtinge gems. It was t that hard IMO, maybe they buffed the drops. Now I need a Chikage with two slots for both gems and a third as well. Where can I find special versions of that weapon?

Wow 5 characters... I plan on having one with everything at 99, but sometimes wish to have a male one so I can marry the Queen of Cainhurst. Rakuyo is great with L2 and all that but I want so do a run that feels completely different from the other two and the Chikage seems like it.

Yeah, regular cicle Bloodtinges aren't that hard. It took me hours of farming but because I was pretty anal on having them with stamina down curse. If you don't care about that they drop fairly good. It's out of shape ones the hard ones to get.

There's only 1 circle slot Chikage, the Lost one. There's no Chikage with 2 cicle slots, hence why the talk about out of shape gems :p

Lost Chikage glyphs
Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice
Glyphs: wic63yn8 (Layer 2)
Sinister Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice
Glyphs: 2ac8vumx (Layer 2)
Rotted Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice
Glyphs: yrim6m23 (Layer 1 in the pre-boss area)

I don't like having overleveled characters (mainly because matchmaking, I do a lot of coop and some pvp, so I want to be in the most populated level ranges), that's why I have a lot of them with different playstyles (2 SKL chars, a STR one, BT, ARC...). Sucks for gem farming though.

I do have lots of characters in Souls games too.

Oh, about the queen
she doesn't accept the ring no matter your genre, it's just a troll item.

Chikage and the Moonlight Holy Sword (so Bloodtinge and Arcane builds) are recommended if you want to try different playstyles IMO.

Matt Frost

Yeah, regular cicle Bloodtinges aren't that hard. It took me hours of farming but because I was pretty anal on having them with stamina down curse. If you don't care about that they drop fairly good. It's out of shape ones the hard ones to get.

There's only 1 circle slot Chikage, the Lost one. There's no Chikage with 2 cicle slots, hence why the talk about out of shape gems :p
m

I thought I was veeery lucky but I feel like a fool now xD Ok so those are the gems to get, I understand now... The tru farming begins now

I don't like having overleveled characters (mainly because matchmaking, I do a lot of coop and some pvp, so I want to be in the most populated level ranges), that's why I have a lot of them with different playstyles (2 SKL chars, a STR one, BT, ARC...). Sucks for gem farming though.

I do have lots of characters in Souls games too.

Oh, about the queen
she doesn't accept the ring no matter your genre, it's just a troll item.

Chikage and the Moonlight Holy Sword (so Bloodtinge and Arcane builds) are recommended if you want to try different playstyles IMO.

Didnt know level ranges affected PvP and ringing the bell. Will keep that in mind, maybe 50 on all stats is not as good as I think...

Also, will try the Moonlight Sword since I have way more points in Arcane than in Bloodtinge (28 and 40 respectively) and dont want to reach further in leveling up. My plans to have 50 in all stats pretty much failed if so. Damn.

Also, the durab wep down is really harsh with the Chikage. I don't think it would last even one Chalice layer.

It's not all that bad, actually. I gave up on farming the blood radials but managed to secure two with durability down. I started out giving those to the bow since I only use it for arrows, but I put those two 31.5 radials on the chikage coupled with a circular gem under the stamina penalty. It definitely lasts for a layer.

In coop I've been able to sweep through the hunter's nightmare towards ludwig, and unfortunately it does break by the time you reach the fog gate. Still worth it, though.

Tbh with my setup no matter what I do I'll do more damage R1 spamming than standing still on that visceral animation.

It's what I hate so much about this build! In pve there's good opportunities to parry for a L1>R1 with that sweet damage multiplier attached, but earlier in this thread I was complaining about how this absolutely blows in pvp. I got some footage of the bullshit that happens when you try to pull this on another person just to see the chikage do just about NOTHING.

Just to add about farming those annoying 31.5 blood radials:

Someone has got to help me test this, because I'm convinced there's something to it. Here's what I've done to increase my chances of getting one, in a series of steps if you will:

1. Head to y592byza as it's by far the fastest and less risky way to farm these gems.

2. Toss out/store every blood gem in your inventory, carrying only radials. In my experiment, preferably any cursed radial gem rated 18 and up. Likewise, carry any unwanted cursed damp blood gem in your inventory if you have any, regardless of what curse it is as long as it's in the shape you're looking for (circle shaped are fine too).

3. As you go, toss out every single warm blood gem you get from the fatass, keeping only the damp ones. Maybe another good idea is to also toss out the damp blood gems rated less than 18.

If there's anything to this, it's possible that what you're carrying influences the RNG. It's also possible that leaving your inventory clean of the useless warm gems lowers the chance of you landing one in radial shape. If you're after the triangle or even the waning shape, try everything above except with a handful of triangle/waning gems in your inventory. In my experience, you are likely to hit 2 off-shape gems for every 100 respawns.

#happyfarming

grmlin

Oh boy, I should not read this thread when I try to get into another game. (DS3)

I always want to return to BB and do something new.

So far I did

- a completely messed up char because it was my first souls game and I had no idea what to do
- a arcane char that wrecked all the beasts but struggled later on
- a skill char with the Reiterpallasch (OMG I love that thing), which I used to beat the game + dlc

I still have to do a strength char. Maybe I should start one tonight.

But NO, NO, I have to play DS3!!!11

Ferr986

It's not all that bad, actually. I gave up on farming the blood radials but managed to secure two with durability down. I started out giving those to the bow since I only use it for arrows, but I put those two 31.5 radials on the chikage coupled with a circular gem under the stamina penalty. It definitely lasts for a layer.

In coop I've been able to sweep through the hunter's nightmare towards ludwig, and unfortunately it does break by the time you reach the fog gate. Still worth it, though.

Ahh, 2 Bloodtinge radials, you lucky lol

The thing with durab down gems is that they don't stack, so if you put 1 one of them you may as well put 3. Only 1 is in effect.

I think it's enough for coop (I mainly do coop now, with some farming here and there). Honestly I didn't feel like it could last a long layer with two optional rooms, mainly because even before reaching 0 you lose a lot of damage. But tbh didn't try run a long layer yet with it.

I
It's what I hate so much about this build! In pve there's good opportunities to parry for a L1>R1 with that sweet damage multiplier attached, but earlier in this thread I was complaining about how this absolutely blows in pvp. I got some footage of the bullshit that happens when you try to pull this on another person just to see the chikage do just about nothing.

I don't do pvp anymore in Bloodborne but yeah when I did the Chikage had bad tracking and was hard to land a L1 to R1, especially because it was a pretty common weapon so everyone knew about that.

1. Head to y592byza as it's by far the fastest and less risky way to farm these gems.

2. Toss out/store every blood gem in your inventory, carrying only radials. In my experiment, preferably any cursed radial gem rated 18 and up. Likewise, carry any unwanted cursed damp blood gem in your inventory if you have any, regardless of what curse it is as long as it's in the shape you're looking for (circle shaped are fine too).

3. As you go, toss out every single warm blood gem you get from the fatass, keeping only the damp ones. Maybe another good idea is to also toss out the damp blood gems rated less than 18.

If there's anything to this, it's possible that what you're carrying influences the RNG. It's also possible that leaving your inventory clean of the useless warm gems lowers the chance of you landing one in radial shape. If you're after the triangle or even the waning shape, try everything above except with a handful of triangle/waning gems in your inventory. In my experience, you are likely to hit 2 off-shape gems for every 100 respawns.

#happyfarming

don't know that glyph, I always used the other one.....

... fuck I'm gonna try it lol Thanks

don't know that glyph, I always used the other one.....

... fuck I'm gonna try it lol Thanks

Pre-lamp area, first door to the right. ;) It's a straightforward path towards the fatty without dropping down ladders or anything. As a bonus there's the lost cane in the coffin if you need one.

Ferr986

Pre-lamp area, first door to the right. ;) It's a straightforward path towards the fatty without dropping down ladders or anything. As a bonus there's the lost cane in the coffin if you need one.

Yep thanks, it's better than the other one because there's no dogs lol you can skip everything.

Also, just got an OoS gem... but it was fucking waning :(

EDIT: 2nd one being the shittiest OoS yet, a BT scaling triangle with general attack down lol

Deku Tree

I sold every blood gem rating 14 or lower. Then I usually sell every cursed gem with ATK down or HP depletes. Then I equip every blood gem that improved my AR. Then I put what's left in the box because you never know what you might want later. Then it's really easy to look at the new stuff that you just got.

Ferr986

200 hunter masks (and 2h:30 mins) later I only got 3 OoS, 1 waning and 2 triangles, while only 2 of them were BT attack up... and both with global attack down curse lol

Matt Frost

Anyone know where is a bath with messengers in a Chalice that sells all weapon variants?

Edit: and 27% physical attack gems?

Yep thanks, it's better than the other one because there's no dogs lol you can skip everything.

Way better than the other one

Thank you

Ferr986

Anyone know where is a bath with messengers in a Chalice that sells all weapon variants?

try: s497yj6i

all bath messengers sells the same weapons. But to get them to sell a variant you need to find it first (unless it's a DLC weapon, those get added to the bath messengers directly).

Matt Frost

try: s497yj6i

all bath messengers sells the same weapons. But to get them to sell a variant you need to find it first (unless it's a DLC weapon, those get added to the bath messengers directly).

Thanks. I have all the normal versions hope its enough

Edit: thanks, the lamp was right there selling every DLC weapon

Also, anyone knows a good spot to farm 27% physical attack gems?

Ferr986

Edit: thanks, the lamp was right there selling every DLC weapon

Enough for DLC weapons, but if you want to buy a Lost/Uncanny variant of any vanilla weapon you need to get it first on a Chalice.

For 27 phys gems pwmf22gu first boss (3 watchers).

Deku Tree

Easiest 27.2 radial farm I've ever found was 5p6rzey7

It has a slow watcher at the switch that you can easily run around.

Triangle rarity 19, 27.2% (Merciless Watchers Boss Layer 1)
Isz F/R/C : 5pwujscd

This last glyph is the home of the fabled 23.6% watchers nourishing gem.

Blobbers

LMAO

qVCDGLQ.jpg

https://www.twitch.tv/mrtakahashi/v/75985695

I now have access to cainhurst castle, nightmare frontier and nightmare of mensis.
Is there a recommended order for doing them?
I also didn't go to hunter's nightmare yet. Is now a good time for it?

grmlin

I now have access to cainhurst castle, nightmare frontier and nightmare of mensis.
I did the castle first. I loved the level but that boss. Good luck 😬

Ivellios

Wow Im really bad at this game, can someone help me with
Ludwig the Accursed
? I have tried many times but i can barely get him to half HP on new game +

My character is level 150 and my PSN is Churroszx

Thanks in advance!

Ferr986

Wow Im really bad at this game, can someone help me with
Ludwig the Accursed
? I have tried many times but i can barely get him to half HP on new game +

My character is level 150 and my PSN is Churroszx

Thanks in advance!

I'll help, what's the pass?

Matt Frost

Enough for DLC weapons, but if you want to buy a Lost/Uncanny variant of any vanilla weapon you need to get it first on a Chalice.

For 27 phys gems pwmf22gu first boss (3 watchers).

I farmed that a little but cant find a better phys gems that the ones I have

Easiest 27.2 radial farm I've ever found was 5p6rzey7

It has a slow watcher at the switch that you can easily run around.

Triangle rarity 19, 27.2% (Merciless Watchers Boss Layer 1)
Isz F/R/C : 5pwujscd

This last glyph is the home of the fabled 23.6% watchers nourishing gem.

The triangle ones where good to farm, what I needed the most. Now I need the ones that resemble a cartoon moon. And that watcher was incredibly easy, but same as before, is hard to find a better phys gem that tops the one I already have.

Also, I started NG+ and I think I overleveled, violated both Cleric Beast and the one at the cemetery, going to keep goingto see it I truly overleveled or is just that Iam better at Bloodborne.

Leave Nightmare of Mensis for last, the other two in any order

I did the castle first. I loved the level but that boss. Good luck 😬

The trick is to never let him any room to breathe, and on the second form stay close and when he does magic attacks evade to his back. You will annihilate him.

Ferr986

I farmed that a little but cant find a better phys gems that the ones I have

For pure physical I think 27,2% is the max so if you have already one of that with a curse you like then you're set.

Btw, I'm near 300 hunter mask used and only 3 OoS, my brain is about to melt lol (don't worry, I took long breaks). Think I'll pass, honestly.

Ferr986

Its not on a chalice dungeon, its on the DLC, is there a password too? If there is how do i see it?

I mean a password for directly summoning me. You go to menu - Network, check that matchmakig is set on worldwide and put a password there. With this, when you ring a bell, you'll only summon someone with that same password. This does ignore levels for matchmaking too.

let's try with the pass Gaf

Ivellios

No problem i used the bell again

Thank you very much Ferr986! I could not even get to the boss second form.

Also the OST was really amazing!

Matt Frost

For pure physical I think 27,2% is the max so if you have already one of that with a curse you like then you're set.

Btw, I'm near 300 hunter mask used and only 3 OoS, my brain is about to melt lol (don't worry, I took long breaks). Think I'll pass, honestly.

Wow 300! I used a 100 and was enough cant imagine doing triple that... Hats off to you

As for me, I am done with farming. At least until I complete the NG+, do the characters I left behind (Djura, grumpy old man,...). The Rakuyo and Blades of Mercy are incredible. So much damage...

J2d

Finished up DS3 and remembered I had Laurence left to do on a NG run in bb and I the change in difficulty is absurd, NG and I still died a couple of times while being lvl 140 or so, more challenging than anything in ng++ in ds3 =/

Finished up DS3 and remembered I had Laurence left to do on a NG run in bb and I the change in difficulty is absurd, NG and I still died a couple of times while being lvl 140 or so, more challenging than anything in ng++ in ds3 =/

Dark Souls 3 is a joke compared to BB DLC, the difficulty scaling is huge

Matt Frost

DS3 NG+++++ is less difficult than BB NG, that says it all

Triangles.. nothing but only off shape triangles. Fuck you so much, Miyazaki.

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Oh man so sorry to hear that :(

Looks like my farming method is trash after all. Since I last posted I went for a "round" of farming with 100 hunter marks and managed to pull a 29.5 blood radial, but with weapon durability down. Then I got a warm triangle which I promptly tossed the fuck out.

Right now I'm also after one triangular fool's gem, and it's been a bitch to farm. I was extremely lucky to get two perfect fool radials a few weeks back, but I haven't managed to couple a weapon with all 3.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Any point in raising ARC to 25 on a BB/BoM build? I have it at 15 for Old Hunter's Bone but wondering if the extra damage is worth the 10 levels.

Just hit plat on both the DLC and Original game.

I loved this game when it came out. Played the hell out of it but never finished it. Now I feel sad. New game plus here I come!

Xeilyn

Any point in raising ARC to 25 on a BB/BoM build? I have it at 15 for Old Hunter's Bone but wondering if the extra damage is worth the 10 levels.
Not worth it at all. Though if you level your arcane to 18 you can use Augur of Ebrietas, very fun hunter tool

Ferr986

Oh man so sorry to hear that :(

Looks like my farming method is trash after all. Since I last posted I went for a "round" of farming with 100 hunter marks and managed to pull a 29.5 blood radial, but with weapon durability down. Then I got a warm triangle which I promptly tossed the fuck out.

Right now I'm also after one triangular fool's gem, and it's been a bitch to farm. I was extremely lucky to get two perfect fool radials a few weeks back, but I haven't managed to couple a weapon with all 3.

Is not your method, it's my terible luck with RNG. I'm (almost) used to it lol
Should stop already but it irks me that I only need 1.

You got 2 with 100 masks? That would be lucky, At first I also got one every 50 or so mask but lately I get one every 125-150 masks lol Using 3 eyes runes and brocolli head.

Nope, the ARC damage of these weapons is so slow that the better scaling don't do much. For example, with BB, leveling STR to 25 gives better results than ARC to 25.

Deku Tree

99 Arcane with Huntet tools is the most OP build in the game. Just spam square and bosses die. It trivializes many of the hardest bosses in the game. But Arcane doesn't get good until 50 and it gets even better at 70 and it scales better from 80-99 than it did from 50-79.

And farming for the best Arcane/fire/bolt gems to use weapons is the most grindy gem farm in the game.

Guide: https://m.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/3xvg11/guide_the_arcanist_20_arcaneing_with_the_old/

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Not worth it at all. Though if you level your arcane to 18 you can use Augur of Ebrietas, very fun hunter tool

Never tried AoE. Will that mix well with a BB/BoM build?

Nope, the ARC damage of these weapons is so slow that the better scaling don't do much. For example, with BB, leveling STR to 25 gives better results than ARC to 25.

Ah, okay. Is it worth getting STR to 25 for BB? Is the pay-off any good? That's another 15 levels for me and I want to stay in PvP/Co-op range.

EDIT: Top of the page... again...?

Top Bottom