• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Deku Tree

Thanks again Deku, like Screaming Meat says, you truly know your stuff... do you know where I can farm blood chunks? Tried the blue eye wolfes but the drop rate is very tiny, is there a better place?

If you farm the Watchers and use eye runes then you get 1-2 blood chunks from them in addition to a gem almost every single time. Same is true of other Chalice Dungeon bosses.

Deku Tree

Sounds good and thanks again. Another question though (sorry to be a pain): Where do I get the Lost Chikage...? :D

The thing about the 31.5% blood gem is that it doesn't give you any boost at all in the Chikage normal form attacks. It only affects the transformed blood attacks. So you lose a lot of AR in normal form over using 3x 27.2% gems. But you gain AR in blood mode. Depends how you use it.

Can someone help me on the cursed pthumerian defilement layer 3 boss Amygdala? I tried the solo tail strategy but I'm failing at it.

Psn is KingRuiner

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The thing about the 31.5% blood gem is that it doesn't give you any boost at all in the Chikage normal form attacks. It only affects the transformed blood attacks. So you lose a lot of AR in normal form over using 3x 27.2% gems. But you gain AR in blood mode. Depends how you use it.

Well, I'm 50BT and 25SKL at Level 108. I'm probably pumping the next 12 levels into VIT. I do use the 1h for mobs but it's starting to show its age (so to speak) in NG+. I have the Bowblade too. I mainly use that for donkey work in the Chalice Dungeons.

I guess I can get a Lost copy, have that with the BT gems, and keep the normal version for physical ones?

Deku Tree

Well, I'm 50BT and 25SKL at Level 108. I'm probably pumping the next 12 levels into VIT. I do use the 1h for mobs but it's starting to show its age (so to speak) in NG+. I have the Bowblade too. I mainly use that for donkey work in the Chalice Dungeons.

I guess I can get a Lost copy, have that with the BT gems, and keep the normal version for physical ones?

Yeah sure as long as you have a rock to get it to +10.

Ferr986

Honestly, with 25 SKL I don't think it's worth to keep a physical Chikage. Blood mode will still be better with that weapon, so it's best to just get the most out of that mode.

Hell, IMO even at split 50, Blood mode is better for that sweet L1 to R1 unseathe opener.

EDIT: Btw, e99tdh9f is the glyph I used to farm the BT gem. There's a shotgun fatty on the first bonus room, before the first lamp on Layer 1. It's pretty straightforward.

Can someone help me on the cursed pthumerian defilement layer 3 boss Amygdala? I tried the solo tail strategy but I'm failing at it.

Psn is KingRuiner

Gimme 5 mins and I'll jump, just got home. What's the pass?

Honestly, with 25 SKL I don't think it's worth to keep a physical Chikage. Blood mode will still be better with that weapon, so it's best to just get the most out of that mode.

Hell, IMO even at split 50, Blood mode is better for that sweet L1 to R1 unseathe opener.

EDIT: Btw, e99tdh9f is the glyph I used to farm the BT gem. There's a shotgun fatty on the first bonus room, before the first lamp on Layer 1. It's pretty straightforward.

Gimme 5 mins and I'll jump, just got home. What's the pass?

neogaf

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Ihyll comes after Defiled. There's a Messenger shop, that sells all versions of the weapons.

Cheers!

Yeah sure as long as you have a rock to get it to +10.

Not got any of them in NG+ yet. Always got the CDs and the Baths too. Thanks!

It's glorious, isn't it? I was a big fan of the ol' Iaito in DS1, so you imagine how happy I was. :D

Nice one, thanks!

Matt Frost

I wanted to ask but forgot... what are the differences between normal, lost and uncanny versions of the weapons?

Should be fast enough. Are you using the Eye runes and the Kin transformation rune? They bump item discovery. You should be able to buy them with insight too, but it's rather expensive...

Depth 5 bosses also drop them, even at layer 1. For example, if you're killing Layer 1 watchers for gems you may get 1 or 2.

If you farm the Watchers and use eye runes then you get 1-2 blood chunks from them in addition to a gem almost every single time. Same is true of other Chalice Dungeon bosses.

I was using two Eye runes and Kin thing and my discovery is 286. Get one every twenty wolves.

I was farming Isz layer 1 boss for those but suddenly it stopped giving me blood chunks, will farm other bosses I guess

Thanks both Deku and Ferr for the help, you guys are the true Bloodborne gurus.

Ferr986

I wanted to ask but forgot... what are the differences between normal, lost and uncanny versions of the weapons?

Different gems slots. That's it, stats are the same. That's why depending on what gems you are going to use a variant is better than another.

I
I was using two Eye runes and Kin thing and my discovery is 286. Get one every twenty wolves.

I was farming Isz layer 1 boss for those but suddenly it stopped giving me blood chunks, will farm other bosses I guess

latest

The blood chunk thing is weird, I farmed a couple of them some days ago and got 1 every two runs or so (blue eyed werewolves)

:'(

Gave the system a restart. Ringing again.

Still here searching. Sorry it's not working :( I don't know why , if we have the same pass.

Different gems slots. That's it, stats are the same. That's why depending on what gems you are going to use a variant is better than another.

latest

The blood chunk thing is weird, I farmed a couple of them some days ago and got 1 every two runs or so (blue eyed werewolves)

Still here searching. Sorry it's not working :( I don't know why , if we have the same pass.

Don't worrry about it, thanks for trying tho. <3

Deku Tree

latest

PRNG gonna PRNG

Matt Frost

latest

So if all I want is to use physical bloodgems I guess I am good with the regular version that I am using. Maybe the bowblade is the one that will be better with a lost or uncanny version?
I will keep farming, need 9 for Simon's bowblade.

Deku Tree

Honestly I wonder if it's faster to do enough of another NG cycle to get get the over 64+ Blood Stone Chunks that area available in the main game and the DLC versus farming for the sole purpose of getting Blood Stone Chunks.

Matt Frost

Honestly I wonder if it's faster to do enough of another NG cycle to get get the over 64+ Blood Stone Chunks that area available in the main game and the DLC versus farming for the sole purpose of getting Blood Stone Chunks.

I wonder the same but I fear all my Chalices and the items I farmed for them will disappear if I do so

Nooooo I need 2 more red jellies :(

There are two on Lecture floor 1 near the exit, and another two on Lower Loran Chalice

Ferr986

I got some randoms to help me with that boss. We killed it. It was my last insight too. Woo

Nice! Grats! Sorry I couldn't help :(

So if all I want is to use physical bloodgems I guess I am good with the regular version that I am using. Maybe the bowblade is the one that will be better with a lost or uncanny version?
I will keep farming, need 9 for Simon's bowblade.

What weapon? Bloodgems are usually circle only. It's true that physical gems raises both physical and blood damage, but circle bloodgems goes higher (even though it only raises blood).
For Bowblade and Chikage usage in Blood mode only (bow with Blowblade) the Lost variant is the way to go.

Keep into mind that Lost and Uncanny variants aren't the same on all weapons, so a Lost Chikage will have different slots than a Lost Burial Blade, for example.

I was thinking about that yesterday. I'm just too lazy to do it, but wouldn't surprise me if it's faster.

Matt Frost

What weapon? Bloodgems are usually circle only. It's true that physical gems raises both physical and blood damage, but circle bloodgems goes higher (even though it only raises blood).

For Bowblade and Chikage usage in Blood mode only (bow with Blowblade) the Lost variant is the way to go.

Keep into mind that Lost and Uncanny variants aren't the same on all weapons, so a Lost Chikage will have different slots than a Lost Burial Blade, for example

I will get a Lost variant for the bowblade since I will use it for the bow only

Deku Tree

I will get a Lost variant for the bowblade since I will use it for the bow only

This is my Bow Blade Normal Version:

2x Radial

+21% Physical ATK
+12.6% ATK up on Charged Attacks

Actually I think one of these is a rating 18 instead of a rating 19 but i was just like OK w/e it's about the same... and the idea of what I'm gonna say is the same.
Those two percentages are multiplicative so its like having a 2x 36.2% ATK up for R2 charge attacks.

1x Triangle

27.2% Physical ATK

For this Bow Blade R2 charge attacks I get a higher AR than using the Lost Bow Blade with one 31.5% and two 27.2%.

My multiplier for charge attacks is higher 21% x 12.6% x 21% x 12.6% x 27.2% = 2.36

Your multiplier is 27.2% x 27.2% x 31.5% = 2.12 (although yours applies for all attacks)

But I do mostly charge attacks anyway.

Ferr986

2x Radial

+21% Physical ATK

Actually I think one of these is a rating 18 instead of a rating 19 but i was just like OK w/e it's about the same... and the idea of what I'm gonna say is the same.
Those two percentages are multiplicative so its like having a 2x 36.2% ATK up for R2 charge attacks.

1x Triangle

27.2% Physical ATK

For this Bow Blade R2 charge attacks I get a higher AR than using the Lost Bow Blade with one 31.5% and two 27.2%.

My multiplier for charge attacks is higher 21% x 12.6% x 21% x 12.6% x 27.2% = 2.36

Your multiplier is 27.2% x 27.2% x 31.5% = 2.12 (although yours applies for all attacks)

Shouldn't be better x2 radial 21phys/12,6 charged with a circle 31 BT?

Is faster to rush 2 layer, delete the chalice and do it again.

True, although I would encourage reach Layer 3 to buy the sinister root chalice (so you don't need to bear Darkbeast Loran to make root Lower Loran chalices).

Ferr986

Unfortunately that Bow Blade doesn't exist

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Simon's+Bowblade

Unless you get an off shape.

I have never seen or heard of a 21phys/12,6 charged madmen gem that is not radial unless it's out of shape. I don't believe that the madmen in Loran can drop 12,6 charged as a secondary.

ok, now I don't know wtf I have built in my bowblade lol

EDIT: Ok yeah I got the 36 charged AT up radial, 27,2 phis triangle and 31 BT. Got slots mixed with the Chikage lol (been improving that these days).
So yeah, if you only use charged your set up seems the best bet.

Woooo Bloodborne plat achieved! My first soulborne like game! One of my favorite games ever!

Gimme Bloodborne 2 now plz

Edit: I was so over leveled that I made the
moon presence
look like a chump

Matt Frost

2x Radial

+21% Physical ATK

1x Triangle

27.2% Physical ATK

Was going to ask about this and will try to make mine the same as yours. Seen it in combat and was suprised, will do a run with that and Rakuyo as my two main weapons

Woooo Bloodborne plat achieved! My first soulborne like game! One of my favorite games ever!

Gimme Bloodborne 2 now plz

Edit: I was so over leveled that I made the
moon presence
look like a chump

Congrats! Now I recommend playing Dark Souls 3 since its very similar.

grmlin

I started DS3 some days ago as a knight and was pleasantly surprised. I tried DS1 some time ago, too, but I did not feel it. BB was my first ever souls game.

Then I accidentally equipped to much load and my guy rolled in slow motion lol. No I thought, I can't do that. I learned about roll speeds based on equipment then :D

End game questions..
Is there opportunity to continue on in the game after beating mergo's wet nurse? Does the game only restart after the gherman sequence?

Deku Tree

End game questions..
Is there opportunity to continue on in the game after beating mergo's wet nurse? Does the game only restart after the gherman sequence?

That's right once do one of
three things
then the game automatically goes to NG+. But beating
MWN
does not send you into NG+.

The things:
let Gherman Kill you, or kill gherman, or consume three one third umbilical cords and beat gherman and then beat the optional extra final boss. Note that if you consume three one third umbilical cords then you can beat gherman and get the gherman badge and quit out of your game and not go to NG+.

Ferr986

oh, I found a 31,5% Bloodtinge out of shape radial gem!..... but it has durability down, and the Chikage already has shit durability :( why.....

EDIT: Damn, do they make a difference though. +900 unsheathe attacks (+1k if it's a counter). Whoever have the patience to farm 2 of them they can have a monster in their hands.

Matt Frost

oh, I found a 31,5% Bloodtinge out of shape radial gem!..... but it has durability down, and the Chikage already has shit durability :( why.....

EDIT: Damn, do they make a difference though. +900 unsheathe attacks (+1k if it's a counter). Whoever have the patience to farm 2 of them they can have a monster in their hands.

Wow, +900, that is even better than my +800 LHB... tempting to farm that radial gem... is the Chikage the best weapon in the game? Or the most fun to use? I like Rakuyo but that damage seems a lot better, and the ability seems interesting

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Christ. That's tasty. What's the visceral damage like?

Top Bottom