• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne sold through more than 1 million units worldwide as of April 5

Servbot24

Banned
I think Chobel gets it guys.

edit: this comment makes no sense in this page :p

Anyways yay Bloodborne! Hopefully it continues to sell.

We never got one of these statements for The Order...flop confirmed... And great showing for Bloodborne.

Not really. Sony also doesn't announce 1 million benchmarks if it takes too long for the game to hit it.

Knack & TLoU Remastered also sold over a million copies respectively, but there was no PR for said games.

Cidd

it will Easily hit 2 to 3 million LTD, I still need to pick it up but I want to start with the Dark Souls first.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'd really like to see the metrics on this game.

Better yet, I'd love to bet on the metrics.

I'd bet that only 20% of buyers got past the first major boss.

Timeaisis

I wonder how many of those 1 million knew what they were getting into.

Best debut for a "Souls" game by far, isn't it? On a single console that's impressive. Sony marketed it well.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...this makes me even more curious about upcoming NPD report. Maybe we all underestimated its potential.

Deserved.

Hopefully this will signal the trend in the AAA space (or at least Sony's AAA space) to return to what makes games great.

Nah. They gave out numbers for Knack,Infamous:SS,TLoU, and Killzone:SF

Not the same way as inFamous and Bloodborne though. It was mentioned by Shu on-stage, but there was no press release stating how long it took Knack/TLoU to sell over a million.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Better get Miyazaki working on a new IP of his choice before he gets bored and signs a deal with someone else. Lol. Seriously he is a top 3 director.

Draft

Full power of the PS4? Dodgy frame rate, one minute loading times, and online matchmaking barely works. Shu, you gotta get it together!

Still a great game even with all the technical shortcomings. I'm glad a retail market exists for FROM games.

amazing game, amazing sales
great work sony and from

now bring some dlc and a sequel (
with miyazaki hidetaka directing it
)

Better get Miyazaki working on a new IP of his choice before he gets bored and signs a deal with someone else. Lol. Seriously he is a top 3 director.

Vision wise, artistically, I would put him #1 without question.

Bloodborne is on a league all its own visually / artistically.

...this makes me even more curious about upcoming NPD report. Maybe we all underestimated its potential.

Heh .... " we all " :p

Cidd

After the success with BB I think he's more likely to work with Sony again.

jayu26

Not really. Sony also doesn't announce 1 million benchmarks if it takes too long for the game to hit it.

Knack & TLoU Remastered also sold over a million copies respectively, but there was no PR for said games.
When I say flop, I mean in terms of what Sony expected for it. They really did give it a serious marketing push, to the point where I was wondering why Insomniac games never got that kind of push during PS3 days... Internally they have to be disappointed about it.

Top Bottom