• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne sold through more than 1 million units worldwide as of April 5

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
What does this mean for it's lifetime sales expectations? Could it go on to be the best selling in the series?

Sephzilla

I wonder how many of those 1 million knew what they were getting into.

Best debut for a "Souls" game by far, isn't it? On a single console that's impressive. Sony marketed it well.

I'm pretty sure this is easily the best debut. And yeah, considering this was PS4 exclusive I find these numbers damn impressive for a niche title. I was also figuring the Dark Souls 2 remaster would cannibalize some of Bloodborne's sales.

What does this mean for it's lifetime sales expectations? Could it go on to be the best selling in the series?

I'm pretty sure it's on pace right now to be the best selling one

Curufinwe

I'd really like to see the metrics on this game.

Better yet, I'd love to bet on the metrics.

I'd bet that only 20% of buyers got past the first major boss.

Hope you didn't bet too much cause you're hopelessly wrong.

Time for you to think up some other way to deal with Bloodborne selling this well.

When I say flop I mean in terms of what Sony expected for it. They really it give it a serious marketing push, to the point where I was wondering why Insomniac games never got that kind of push during PS3 days... Internally they have to be disappointed about it.

So do you know the budget behind the game? Marketing budget? Sales figures? Revenue?

Don't know if I ever said it out on GAF, but I always expected it'll do around inFamous SS's numbers.

My guess was less than inFamous at NDP/UK NPD at launch despite install base difference thanks to new IP (inb4hurrBBisn'tnewIP), but Japan to make up for sales difference of NPD/UK PAL.

RotW, Bloodborne does better overall.

Namikaze1

I'd really like to see the metrics on this game.

Better yet, I'd love to bet on the metrics.

I'd bet that only 20% of buyers got past the first major boss.
Going by the trophies for the first two bosses you come across, one is optional and the other is mandatory, close to 70% have beaten both.

The optional boss is at 74.2% unlocked while the mandatory boss is at 68.8%.

Rymuth

Inuhanyou! Get in this thread!

Combine that with EU and JP sales and i think this game will go for about 500-550k lifetime. Heh, not so bad at all for a semi new IP that isn't particularly welcoming at all to new comers. Although i put that 50k leeway in due to the amount of possible refunds, a lot of people are probably gonna be blindsided by the game's challenge.

:p

Cheech

Full power of the PS4? Dodgy frame rate, one minute loading times, and online matchmaking barely works. Shu, you gotta get it together!

Still a great game even with all the technical shortcomings. I'm glad a retail market exists for FROM games.

Yeah, they have to fix the matchmaking. I've only been able to get it to work once.

Amazing game otherwise.

Don't know if I ever said it out on GAF, but I always expected it'll do around inFamous SS's numbers.

My guess was less than inFamous at NDP/UK NPD at launch despite install base difference thanks to new IP (inb4hurrBBisn'tnewIP), but Japan to make up for sales difference of NPD/UK PAL.

RotW, Bloodborne does better overall.

God, I hope so. Infamous, like the vast majority of Sony first party games, was uninspired, unfun shit.

I bought that Amazon BB/TLOU bundle, and including Resogun (which I own as well - LOVE that game) I am fairly certain I now own all the Sony first party games worth a damn. I'm open to suggestions, though I already played Killzone and Knack and they were both god awful.

Sephzilla

Fantastic game, but I feel like this speaks more about the lack of games in general than the quality of Bloodborne.

I'm pretty sure Bloodborne would be selling really well regardless. It's a very well put together game. That being said, the lack of games that aren't re-releases didn't hurt it.

ethomaz

Banned
The 1 million includes digital so 500K seems like a very high number. I just hope it hits 300K so some hats can be eaten. :p
I don't believe digital makes a big part of these numbers.

Using Japan know numbers you have ~800k for US + EU + RotW and yes I believe NPD will show more than 400k in NPD March (bundles included).

This is about what I expected. So yeah, sky is the limit. Depends on its legs.

Game still will have price drop sales, flash sales, bundling, etc. etc. Going on with it.

I would be SHOCKED if there isn't major DLC / Expansion planned for the holiday season which would boost sales even more. Stuff like that.

It will atleast match the souls series LTD.

Full power of the PS4? Dodgy frame rate, one minute loading times, and online matchmaking barely works. Shu, you gotta get it together!

Still a great game even with all the technical shortcomings. I'm glad a retail market exists for FROM games.
Never had an issue with online matchmaking. I always reboot m ps4 due to the suspense issues.

One million sold through in less than two weeks for a game that's pretty hardcore and a new IP? FUCK YES.

Hopefully the game continues to sell very well.

SgtCobra

That's incredible for a From game. Congratulations, 1000% deserved. The doubters can get in line with Inuhanyou, the crows are still hot.

jayu26

So do you know the budget behind the game? Marketing budget? Sales figures? Revenue?
No, but I did see Last of Us level marketing push which made me think Sony expected great things.

You know, we are off topic, I'm sorry for bring it hear. If you want we can continue it in one if The Order threads.

Seeing that it has been on top on many sites best sellers sins and before release it is no surprise. Congrats on achieving this from software and sony

Krakn3Dfx

Fantastic game, but I feel like this speaks more about the lack of games in general than the quality of Bloodborne.

The+warmth+of+the+sun+gave+the+man+a+sense+_2ef3ee90975f1f5a847110d7b8fa2fc1.png

Raining on parades everywhere.

spared

I bet ya most people buy it because it's hype right now, and that beautiful box case. Then they play the game for half an hour and never go back to it again. >_<

On the other hand, congrats dev!

jmaine_ph

Very happy for From and Sony the game is great and I haven't played a game this challenging and satisfying as Bloodborne in a very long time. I've logged over 60 hours and I still haven't even scratched the Chalice Dungeons. So much content. More blood please : )

Top Bottom