• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Update (1.03) available

burgerdog

1.1 mio echoes? from where? cheat? :)

No. From not dying and being useless to me.

edit
They mostly came from Chalice dungeon boss / gem farming and I've bought and capped everything from the shop. I won't level past 100 so they just accumulate over time. I could lose them and not care at all.

Oni Jazar

Those of you resting your PS4 in game are getting affected by the AI bug which makes the game a lot easier.

I don't see any indication that this has changed post patch.

Adaren

Those of you resting your PS4 in game are getting affected by the AI bug which makes the game a lot easier.

I don't see any indication that this has changed post patch.

I believe it's this fix. I recall them acknowledging the bug and saying they'd fix it.

Main points of UPDATE 1.03
- Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized

Uhh AI bug?

Leaving your console in Rest Mode for 12+ hours would result in bosses only using their simplest attacks. There are videos out there proving its existence, but I don't want to link them due to spoilers. Just take my word on it.

Restarting your console fixed the bug.

Draft

Huge improvement. Thank you based FROM. Reviewers ignore technical problems, but if they didn't, I'd want them to all go back and adjust their score up half a point.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Item descriptions are in?

7aY7VH2.gif

Adaren

Come on, just accept that the load times blow dick.

I dunno. In my 60 hour playthrough, I was never bothered by the load times. I wouldn't mind them being faster, but they weren't terrible. A 40s load screen every once in a while is acceptable when the rest of the game has no load screens.

They bothered me way less than Skyrim's loading buildings, for instance. It's not unreasonable for a player to not be bothered by them.

jediyoshi

Wait, does this mean that if you're in online mode when suspending you'll always get thrown back to the main menu when resuming? Or is it only if you're in an active invasion/co-op session? If it's the former that's really disappointing, as it renders suspend/resume all but pointless for this game.

*For online players

Hyunkel6

Played a bit, mostly warping back to Hunter's Dream, and wow at the difference. It's a shame that I already finished the game.

Load times were never bad enough to the point of actually not playing the game, but definitely awesome for a replay. This + strategy guide is gonna make running a NG amazing.

Kudo

Just had some awesome sessions with PVP, works really smooth and lot faster than before.
Best game of the year just got better, never doubted FROM.

cgcg

- When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play

This is shit. wtf? It was working pretty well.

Gbraga

Not really. I will be replaying this numerous times.

Yeah, a lot of people will be playing this for years, a month is nothing.

I think I'm already at a little more than 100 hours. I wish we could consult our save time, instead of just character times, since I delete every character I won't be keeping for PVP.

Was the sound glitch fixed where you break boxes or whatever and it would screech badly?

I have my Sony Golds on when that happened and about died.

- When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play

This is shit. wtf? It was working pretty well.

Except it completely broke multiplayer and probably was the cause of 90% of the complaints about it not working. Other than that it worked great.

E92 M3

1.1 mio echoes? from where? cheat? :)

I have 3 million from just playing/chalice. They come quickly! I like holding a lot because it makes it more exciting when I die!

Dijp52r.jpg

From a week ago, but more importantly I am very happy with the aesthetic!

cgcg

I was able to get co-op and pvp no problem. They should've worked on it instead of just dumping you back to the title screen. Completely defeats the purpose of suspend/resume.

ShogunX

Not for those of us who played offline...

Unless you are running through the game after already beating it I honestly feel that playing any Souls game offline is lessening the experience. Then again I might be one of the few who enjoys the troll messages, invasions and blood splatters.

Boogdud

It was already useless for it.

How so? I played online and have used rest mode for the game since the first patch, I have yet to have been kicked out to the menu one time over the last couple weeks. I start up my ps4, go to the bloodborne icon and instantly it opens to wherever I was, no loading or anything.

I guess that's all over now. That blows.

How so? I played online and have used rest mode for the game since the first patch, I have yet to have been kicked out to the menu one time over the last couple weeks. I start up my ps4, go to the bloodborne icon and instantly it opens to wherever I was, no loading or anything.

I think it only kicked some, I got my plat without ever being kicked so I guess I was lucky.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm a little bit disappointed with this patch. I appreciate the loading times being a bit faster but I expected more from a patch that took this long to be released.
And how much time, exactly, do you think it takes for developers to squeeze every bit of optimization they can out of a dense and complicated game, pray tell?

Go on, give us your time table. Don't be shy.

Some balance changes

Cannon: consumes 12 QS instead of 10
Ouch. Guess that makes the +QS bullet runes useful now though!

If that is the case I will wait until I can get this for as cheap as possible and they lose out. I like to support devs but poor frame pacing is something that I know I wont be able to stand. It will just drive me nuts and this seemingly amazing game otherwise will end up as a waste of money for me on a pile of technical shame. I have wasted enough money and I have enough games to play. Odd stance I know but I know myself better than anyone and I have been down this road before.
Wow. Some people are just unbelievable.

I'm afraid you've been playing a broken, piss-easy version of the game then:
http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/31bogg/how_to_active_bloodborne_easy_mode

eot

Banned
What is "frame pacing" ?

It's the length a given frame is shown. Typically if you have a constant frame rate each frame is on screen for the same amount of time, but if the frame pacing is wrong some frames might be on screen much longer than others, but the total number of frames per second can still be constant.

Unless you are running through the game after already beating it I honestly feel that playing any Souls game offline is lessening the experience. Then again I might be one of the few who enjoys the troll messages, invasions and blood splatters.

Well, I'm not going to pay for PS+ just to get messages and maybe get invaded twice.

Oberon

Banned
I don't see the point on praising a company for fixing bugs, expecially when it's a sony funded game. Seeing the load times and performance issues, make it seem like a "ship it now and fix it later" thing. I am not blamming fromsoft or anything, because it's usually the publisher who wants the game out of the oven as fast as possible.

Top Bottom