• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Update (1.03) available

Magnus

Awesome news. I've had this almost since launch, and have only played for an hour, but the long loads were definitely annoying in my short play time. Glad to return to the game in better shape.

Melchiah

The decreased loading times, and the screens during them, are welcome changes. I take it the frame pacing glitch (as seen here at 1:40 mark, when the witch drops and dies) isn't fixed yet?

I dunno if it's a bug or not, but one of the two
hunters
near V
icar
A
melia
in the Cathedral Ward just disappeard for me after I ventured downwards, and was killed by
something invisible in the vicinity of the door.

burgerdog

I'm invading so much faster now, this is what I really wanted out of the patch and it delivered. Game just got even better!

I'll put DSII on hold for a second and jump back in Bloodborne, then. I was getting tired of the load times. Frame pacing is still an issue, and the fact that they didn't address it in this patch has me worried they may not handle it. (It isn't game breaking, by any means, just annoying).

Great update!

Even removed the "floor" from the elevator shaft in the cathedral:)

Ha, I fell for that the other night. Thought 'well I fell down for something similar to get down the tower, guess I can here too.' Nope, fell straight through. 'Dark-bourne!'

DorkyMohr

Banned
Dang, shame about the Rest mode stuff. Was hoping their fix would smartly reconnect you upon resuming the game, which I thought it was doing before albeit just a little buggy.

Adaren

So the strategy guide is already out of date in some parts, because the changes made?

They're in the process of creating an online strategy guide for people who bought the physical one.

(I think; only been following it loosely)

Branson

Oh good. Right on time as a lot of people finish the game and move on. Lol. Seems like a good update though. Sucks it took so long.

LiK

So the strategy guide is already out of date in some parts, because the changes made?

thankfully, they're including a digital version of the guide for owners which will be updated. it's not up on PSN store yet tho.

Krakn3Dfx

Just tested loading from the Central Yharnam lamp. Spawned and ran into Central Yharnam in various directions and suicided. Reload to lamp was between 10 and 20 seconds for me, down from a minimum of 35 seconds before.

Loading Central Yharnam from the Hunter's Dream was less than 10 seconds.

So good. Can't wait for the weekend to roll into
Cainhurst
Metal-Gear-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-Big-Boss-(MGS)-feels-good-1307303.gif

vg260

I swear to God that the internet didn't even know what CA was until like two months ago, and now suddenly its the devil.

The game is perfectly playable and in-motion it's almost impossible to notice this effect, and it's not present everywhere anyway.

Not true at all.

I didn't know what it was called before this game, but I knew that were using a filter that was an eyesore and gave me a headache. They even made it more pronounced with the first patch too.

It's a shame they didn't add a toggle.

I swear to God that the internet didn't even know what CA was until like two months ago, and now suddenly its the devil.

The game is perfectly playable and in-motion it's almost impossible to notice this effect, and it's not present everywhere anyway.

I wouldn't say it's impossible to notice but it's far, far more subtle than screenshots show (especially the ones zoomed in 400%).

Kill3r7

I'll update once I'm done with the Chalice Dungeons/Platinum Trophy. Glad to hear that load times are significantly improved. Touche about the Choir Bell and Cannon.

feel

Sweeet!! I wanted to wait for this patch but the game is just too good and I couldn't manage to stay away (even with gta5 pc out) so I've been enduring the painful loading times, so glad this came in time for part of my first playthrough.

An-Det

Only tested it for a few minutes myself but I'm pretty happy with the improvements so far. Naturally it released this morning since I finished the game last night, but at least I've got Chalices still to do for the platinum so it's not lost on me. Really glad about the loading screens being updated with item descriptions, I always really liked those in the previous games.

Raven77

Looks like i'm going back to playing this again. After several long sessions around launch the loading times became just too much for me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Still suffers from frame pacing issues? Damn, very disappointing. That was more important to me than the loading times, to be honest. :

Yeah, and seems like a reasonably easy fix too. 5 seconds shorter load times is nice, but somewhat inconsequential at the end of the day. The frame pacing issue, on the other hand, severely affects how smooth the game looks and feels. Get on that NOW, From.

burgerdog

Oh what the hell, the patch killed my pvp maidens. Now I can't get invaded in the two nightmare zones. I can invade, but I CANNOT get invaded. I also obviously didn't kill those maidens.

Giever

I hope I don't get spoiled by any item descriptions. I'd still prefer it if they were able to implement a Bayonetta/Wonderful 101-esque loading screen: plop you in an empty environment with one or two enemies and let you just control your character and practice.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wait, does this mean that if you're in online mode when suspending you'll always get thrown back to the main menu when resuming? Or is it only if you're in an active invasion/co-op session? If it's the former that's really disappointing, as it renders suspend/resume all but pointless for this game.

Top Bottom