• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Update (1.03) available

Nuszka

Getting to cathedral ward takes about 35 sec but dying and respawning only 15 sec .
Edit : tried lecture building , farming spot with lot of students - no improvements in framerate it still stutters and drops.

Rymuth

YnHG3gu.gif

Love this game so much :) cant wait to see new load screens lol.
got to bloodletting beast last night and done him first try #feellikeaboss and no i was not on standby lol.

Hell yes. 5-15 seconds is a pretty damn good improvement. Item descriptions will help make it feel quicker also.

The way I play this'll save me a half hour or so a day lol

SgtCobra

Some loading screen analysis.
- Dying at the Forbidden Woods and it gave me a loadtime of 23 seconds (This is what most of you will get)
- Using a Bold Hunter's Mask and warping back took me less than 10-12 seconds.
- Warping back to Hunter's Dream took 10-11 seconds. Not bad at all.
- Warping to a location from the Hunter's Dream took 24 secs (Grand Cathedral) 32 secs (Cathedral ward) and 31 secs (Central Yarnham)
As you can see, it can vary a lot by which location you may visit, there's still room for improvement imo.
- The item descriptions switch pretty fast tbh.

Framepacing doesn't seem to be fixed 100% but I can see some improvement albeit just a little though.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Someone on reddit said the patch also fixes the body type bug, where your body type changed to standard after rebooting the game. I don't know if you need to make a new character though - probably.

Including the loading screen descriptions, the patch notes don't list all the changes so there could be more stuff.

quick test:

Cathedral Ward -> Hunters Dream: ~10 seconds
Hunters Dream -> Cathedral Ward: ~30 seconds
Dying at Cathedral Ward: ~15 seconds

Hanmik

could somebody check if they patched the stairs thing in Hypogean Gaol, where the Big grey bag enemies got stuck at the stairs going down..?

RedAssedApe

Banned
About 10 secs on average to get to hunters dream. About 15 for deaths.

Loading into zones varied. Took anywhere between 20-30secs? Still seemed long in that regard but I guess that's better?

Feindflug

OK just checked the load times in the
upper cathedral
and they must be cut in half post patch, yesterday I was farming chunks and when I returned to the lamp (with bold hunter's marks) the load times were maybe the double of what is now. I'm assuming that before the patch the game loaded all the
Cathedral Ward
area but now it just loads this one specific area? either way a big improvement. yay! :D

From the official thread. It took me 30seconds to load my game from the main menu to my current save
forbidden woods
On stock drive, 5400rpm. I will be upgrading my HDD soon to a 7200rpm drive, should load quicker I guess.

Soma

wow going back to Hunter's Dream is so much faster now

the item description scenes are much appreciated too

based From Software

iTxy3nOdJd25U.gif

Some loading screen analysis.
- Dying at the Forbidden Woods and it gave me a loadtime of 23 seconds (This is what most of you will get)
- Using a Bold Hunter's Mask and warping back took me less than 10-12 seconds.
- Warping back to Hunter's Dream took 10-11 seconds. Not bad at all.
- Warping to a location from the Hunter's Dream took 24 secs (Grand Cathedral) 32 secs (Cathedral ward) and 31 secs (Central Yarnham)
As you can see, it can vary a lot by which location you may visit, there's still room for improvement imo.
- The item descriptions switch pretty fast tbh.

Framepacing doesn't seem to be fixed 100% but I can see some improvement albeit just a little though.

Good news, thanks. How are the items descriptions during the loading? Interesting to read?

Load times are really great based on my experience of the last 20-ish minutes of playing with the patch installed. They're about half what they were before, maybe less. Plus the item descriptions on loading screens is a really welcome addition.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Still suffers from frame pacing issues? Damn, very disappointing. That was more important to me than the loading times, to be honest. :\

Top Bottom