• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Update (1.03) available

bjaelke

Some loading screen analysis.
- Dying at the Forbidden Woods and it gave me a loadtime of 23 seconds (This is what most of you will get)
- Using a Bold Hunter's Mask and warping back took me less than 10-12 seconds.
- Warping back to Hunter's Dream took 10-11 seconds. Not bad at all.
- Warping to a location from the Hunter's Dream took 24 secs (Grand Cathedral) 32 secs (Cathedral ward) and 31 secs (Central Yarnham)
As you can see, it can vary a lot by which location you may visit, there's still room for improvement imo.
- The item descriptions switch pretty fast tbh.

Framepacing doesn't seem to be fixed 100% but I can see some improvement albeit just a little though.
Still time to read them or do we have another DA: I on our hands?

SgtCobra

Good news, thanks. How are the items descriptions during the loading? Interesting to read?
The descriptions you get are the same as the ones you can access by checking out your inventory, but there may be some cases in which you may stumble to some yet undiscovered item (mileage may vary)
It's interesting to read because you can get a glimpse of the lore and whatnot, it's definitely better than the Bloodborne logo though haha

Still time to read them or do we have another DA: I on our hands?
English is not my native language so it really depends on which item gets displayed on your screen, some won't have a problem with it but people like me will have a hard time reading them all completely in one sitting. To me, it's comparable with DA:I, but the descriptions in that game were mostly much shorter. So once again, mileage may vary.

Server Maintenance still going on for online stuff, but this was still a good update.

I'm glad they actually listened to fans and actually put something in those dreary Loading spots.

I mean, the Bloodborne Logo looks cool, but mix it in with some artwork, or the item descriptions are nice. So kudos to them.

Hopefully next patch we can get a vast improvement to the matchmaking. They gave a sort of half assed acknowledgment to it before by just throwing out the whole "Check your ports" and Nat settings, but come on, that's not what we're talking about.

Frame rate can skip a bit, but it was never so bad that I felt it was unplayable. So plenty on the horizon here.

Number45

X2VPwjn.gif
Where is this from? It's beautiful.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Anyone know if they fixed that infinite blood echoes glitch? Cause I was planning on doing that.

Anyone know if they fixed that infinite blood echoes glitch? Cause I was planning on doing that.

IIRC that was fixed in the patch previous to this one. If you still want to do it, delete your update data and play offline to do the glitch, when you are done redownload the patches and you should be good to go.

kasane

IIRC that was fixed in the patch previous to this one. If you still want to do it, delete your update data and play offline to do the glitch, when you are done redownload the patches and you should be good to go.

no duping was the one that was fixed. I think hes talking about the dog glitch

forbidden forest skip has been fixed im not sure if the blood echoes glitch is fixed

id advise against deleting your update data since you obviously loaded your character in the newest patch

Apenheul

I'm a little bit disappointed with this patch. I appreciate the loading times being a bit faster but I expected more from a patch that took this long to be released.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

forbidden forest skip has been fixed im not sure if the blood echoes glitch is fixed

id advise against deleting your update data since you obviously loaded your character in the newest patch
I'm talking about the one where you walk around in some room and you get 2k echoes every couple of seconds.

Some SSD results.

From main menu to game: 21 seconds.
From Tomb of Oedon to Hunters Dream: 9 seconds.
From Hunters Dream to Cathedral Ward: 28 seconds.
Respawn after death in Cathedral Ward: 15 seconds.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I don't have access to my PS4 right now, or I'd check myself, but I'm curious about the following (no serious spoilers, really):

- Did they extend collision or something to quick-fix the
Iosefka's Clinic
sequence break?

- What happens if you load a sequence broken character?

- Was the mysterious caged dog infinite Echoes bug fixed?

- Was the
Shadows of Yharnam
arena bug/collision fixed?

I suppose we won't know for several hours, but I'm assuming the time-related boss AI bug was fixed. I hope suiciding NPCs were as well.

It's too bad frame pacing wasn't addressed, but all of the above stuff was seriously mission critical. Much more important to the average player. Let's hope From keeps working on performance patches.

benzy

Exact to the second? If so, Interesting indeed as my load times for my UI and everything else are much better than the stock drive.

I was counting by 1 Mississippi and got 26 seconds for hunters dream to cathedral ward. From cathedral ward to hunters dream 10 seconds.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm a little bit disappointed with this patch. I appreciate the loading times being a bit faster but I expected more from a patch that took this long to be released.

What? This patch overdelivered as far as i'm concerned. I never expected them to significantly reduce the loadtimes in the first place.

Some SSD results.

From main menu to game: 21 seconds.
From Tomb of Oedon to Hunters Dream: 9 seconds.
From Hunters Dream to Cathedral Ward: 28 seconds.
Respawn after death in Cathedral Ward: 15 seconds.

Huh, it would seem regardless of drive the times are pretty much the same.

I just tried from Hunters Dream to Cathedral Ward, and it was indeed 28 seconds this time

I'm really happy about the load screens and load time reduction but I'm a little disappointed there's no mention of an option to have the hud disappear out of combat. I thought I read in one of the Bloodborne threads that they acknowledged it.

I don't have access to my PS4 right now, or I'd check myself, but I'm curious about the following (no serious spoilers, really):

- Did they extend collision or something to quick-fix the
Iosefka's Clinic
sequence break?

- What happens if you load a sequence broken character?

- Was the mysterious caged dog infinite Echoes bug fixed?

- Was the
Shadows of Yharnam
arena bug/collision fixed?

I suppose we won't know for several hours, but I'm assuming the time-related boss AI bug was fixed. I hope suiciding NPCs were as well.

It's too bad frame pacing wasn't addressed, but all of the above stuff was seriously mission critical. Much more important to the average player. Let's hope From keeps working on performance patches.

Yes to the bolded.

Donos

I'm really happy about the load screens and load time reduction but I'm a little disappointed there's no mention of an option to have the hud disappear out of combat. I thought I read in one of the Bloodborne threads that they acknowledged it.

Wasn't the option always there? Go to System -> Environment and disable the “Display HUD" option.

elfinke

Flawless timing. BB book arrived from Bookdepository today, and I picked up a PS4 bundle (BB, The Order, MKX, TLoU) tonight, too.

Tommi84

Wasn't the option always there?Go to System -> Environment and disable the “Display HUD" option.
User you are replying to mentions about AUTO hiding of the HUD. Going to settings of the game every now and then doesn't makes sense. I'd also appreciate auto hud after not pressing any buttons and just cruising around the environment :)

Nice save, I almost gave some very bad advice then lol. Thanks!

Top Bottom