• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Update (1.03) available

Teletraan1

Banned
I have a feeling it isn't going to be fixed. I'm not sure if they're just not seeing it or if they really can't solve it but it's very annoying.

I will say that, despite the fact that it drives me nuts, I've still managed to have a really good time with the game. It's good enough to overcome that but, man, it really could use a fix.

It's definitely not related to background streaming or demands on the system either. If you go to Hunter's Dream and stand in the middle spinning the camera you'll find that every 5 seconds or so you get a couple seconds of messed up frame times.

If that is the case I will wait until I can get this for as cheap as possible and they lose out. I like to support devs but poor frame pacing is something that I know I wont be able to stand. It will just drive me nuts and this seemingly amazing game otherwise will end up as a waste of money for me on a pile of technical shame. I have wasted enough money and I have enough games to play. Odd stance I know but I know myself better than anyone and I have been down this road before.

Steel

Banned
They should've had item descriptions in the loading screen to begin with. Then I'd actually be OK with the 30 second ones.

I'm watch Lana pvping right now, matchmaking is reeeally fast now.

This is almost better news than the faster load times. I was hoping the server maintenance that went with this update would help out with multiplayer.

Best news from this update is still the new loading screens.

DieH@rd

Banned
Dualshockers has some timings:

LOAD OF NEW ZONES:
Hunter’s Dream – 11 seconds
Central Yharnam – 34 Seconds
1st Floor Sickroom – 31 seconds
Great Bridge – 31 seconds
Cathedral Ward – 39 seconds
Old Yharnam – 33 seconds
Graveyard of the Darkbeast – 16 seconds
Hemwick Charnel Lane – 23 seconds
Forbidden Woods – 33 seconds
Byrgenwerth – 20 seconds
Yahar’gul Unseen Village – 25 seconds
Advent Plaza – 19 seconds
Logarius’ Seat – 12 seconds
Lecture Building 2nd Floor – 10 seconds

RESPAWN INTO SAME ZONE AFTER DEATH:
Central Yharnam (Respawn) – 17 seconds
Cathedral Ward (Respawn) – 16 seconds
Yahar’gul Unseen Village (Respawn) – 14 seconds
Hemwick Charnel Lane (Respawn) – 14 seconds
Forbidden Woods (Respawn) – 15 seconds
Byrgenwerth (Respawn) – 14 seconds

Respawn timings are so much better!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Good stuff! Stuff to look at during load screens is a very welcome change.

Man, I really need to get back into this. I haven't played in like two weeks. I downloaded the new CoD DLC and have been hooked on zombies...! I think I stopped at
Nightmare of Mensis
and had just defeated the
bridge hunter guy

I'm actually really surprised that they changed the loading screen. I figured they wouldn't bother since they didn't do it to start with.

Sounds like they are making progress. I hope it's all sorted out by the time I actually get a PS4.

Zaventem

Dualshockers has some timings:

LOAD OF NEW ZONES:
Hunter’s Dream – 11 seconds
1st Floor Sickroom – 31 seconds
Great Bridge – 31 seconds
Cathedral Ward – 39 seconds
Old Yharnam – 33 seconds
Graveyard of the Darkbeast – 16 seconds
Hemwick Charnel Lane – 23 seconds
Forbidden Woods – 33 seconds
Byrgenwerth – 20 seconds
Yahar’gul Unseen Village – 25 seconds
Advent Plaza – 19 seconds
Logarius’ Seat – 12 seconds
Lecture Building 2nd Floor – 10 seconds

RESPAWN INTO SAME ZONE AFTER DEATH:
Central Yharnam (Respawn) – 17 seconds
Cathedral Ward (Respawn) – 16 seconds
Yahar’gul Unseen Village (Respawn) – 14 seconds
Hemwick Charnel Lane (Respawn) – 14 seconds
Forbidden Woods (Respawn) – 15 seconds
Byrgenwerth (Respawn) – 14 seconds

Respawn timings are so much better!

That's an amazing improvement.

Tried it out and while I'm sure the loading is faster (and the times above do indicate it), the item screen descriptions make the loading screens so good that the actual timing is unimportant.

I really don't get all the people complaining about frame pacing and refusing to buy, play or finish the game. Sure, it's noticeable here and there but it does not change how awesome this game is. PLAY IT! I don't care that you all have a touch of the 'tism, It is still super enjoyable and more so with friends. Play it now, no game is perfect.

Oppo

I don't really see the problem. Cannon is still a power house you just have to use it carefully now. They need to fix the rifle spear BS though.

what's the deal with the Rifle Spear, it's overpowered or something?

if they fix the frame pacing and add direct-select areas to each lantern (rather than having to return to the Hunter's Dream), I will be totally happy. I'm at about 65% now and man do I love this game.

Zaventem

what's the deal with the Rifle Spear, it's overpowered or something?

If they fix the frame pacing and add direct-select areas to each lantern (rather than having to return to the Hunter's Dream), I will be totally happy. I'm at about 65% now and man do I love this game.

oops double post. There's a bug with arcane that gives the rifle spear cannon like bullet damage when you slot it with those gems. Do a google search and you'll see. Also if thy add warping from lanterns i don't expect ever single warp point but "main" zones

Arkeband

Banned
Maybe the next one will have a chromatic aberration toggle.

I swear to God that the internet didn't even know what CA was until like two months ago, and now suddenly its the devil.

The game is perfectly playable and in-motion it's almost impossible to notice this effect, and it's not present everywhere anyway.

Blakynt

Banned
latest

My cannon...

the only difference now is that you will need to have the bullet rune in order to shoot 4 times, instead of 3 and looking at how OP that cannon is ..welll I don't feel sorry for you my friend

Just in time for me to have Platinumed it! XD

My brother is borrowing my PS4 to play it now though, so he can enjoy all those improvements. Item description on the loading screen is awesome, can't believe it wasn't there to begin with.

I assume you can you make multiple characters in the game, like if he goes 'new game' it doesn't delete my character right? I've honestly never tried, I just assumed it wouldn't.

Blakynt

Banned
I don't really see the problem. Cannon is still a power house you just have to use it carefully now. They need to fix the rifle spear BS though.

why?, it has his down sides. It is a slow weapon, and you can't buff it with papers. Yes you CAN chip your way through a lot of enemies , but the same can be done with R2 attack of the chain cane.

I don't feel the spear is too strong against faster enemies. I have a cane for that as back up

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
12 bullets per cannon volley isn't too bad a nerf really. In PVE you always stack blood bullets before firing so you can still get 3 shots off without resorting to using runes.

Its not like it was the only source for ranged damage anyway. A well levelled Evelyn or Repeating Pistol will get the job done just as well.

Oppo

the two-handed R2 charge has ridiculous range.

I knows. I loves it. I use it to kill slow moving squirmy things.

The weapons in this game are really a refreshing change of pace. I know there's a bunch, I've purposefully not looked up the list. I've been using the Cane all along with very occasional switch to Rifle Spear, and the Hunter's Torch with the Repeating Pistol and I really like all of those. When you find some new stuff it's a big deal, you aren't numbed by a torrent of loot-sifting like Diablo. And at least for me so far, none of the wearable pieces have been really clear-cut improvements after the Hunter's Garb, they have lots of tradeoffs. I love that the Top Hat is resistant to Blunt. Like, of course it is.

Holy shit I'm impressed with the load time after death.

Central Yharnam on my 2TB Seagate went from about 38 seconds to 16 or so. I was expecting more like a 5 second improvement and secretly hoping for maybe 12 seconds or so but this is crazy good.

I swear to God that the internet didn't even know what CA was until like two months ago, and now suddenly its the devil.

The game is perfectly playable and in-motion it's almost impossible to notice this effect, and it's not present everywhere anyway.

Agreed. I feel bad for all the people who can't sleep at night because of CA and frame pacing. Stressing about shit like that isn't good for you. Pretty much every game has some sort of technical hiccup. Enjoy your hobby.

Alo0oy

Banned
Tried using the small resonant bell 4 times now after installing the patch.

Got disconnected every single time.

The upside is I get disconnected within less than a minute, which means that the game finds players very very fast now, it just fails to connect to them. Yay?

This is awesome stuff! Taking a prolonged break after getting the Platinum but this is exciting for later. So glad the load screen was changed. The moon is finally full.

Top Bottom