• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeon explained (+Bundle)

The game's atmosphere is closer to Demon's Souls than Dark Souls, comparing it to Dark Souls makes no sense since Demon's Souls was the one that had a horror/gothic feel to it.

I dunno. From what I've seen, I'd say Demon's and Dark are closer in terms of setting etc than Demon's and Bloodborne. You can see the comparison in the Tower of Latria area, but that's only one part of the game. Also the open design is building on Darks template.

Not that any of it really matters, just splitting hairs. I'm just trying to pass the time until the game releases!

I really wonder what the different builds offer. If there isn't magic, there will have to be an alternative, right?

Also, I am thinking of maybe doing a hand to hand character!

ijed

Most of what makes me keep replaying Dark Souls is the fact that my initial 80 hours playthrough is now barely 5 because I know the level design, I can now clear the Catacombs running for a few seconds and rolling twice, I can clear Anor Londo in a couple of minutes without fighting any mobs, this kind of thing is a big part of why I love those games so much, the dungeon changing every time I play goes against that.

Again, it's one optional dungeon, so I don't mind, but I can't agree with this vision (that From Software themselves seem to share) that it's this kind of thing that will keep people playing for years. Dark Souls didn't have it, people are still playing it. It's not about "every time being like the first time", it's the exact opposite, having a completely different experience by knowing exactly how the game works.

Don't forget about the roaming mobs, day/night cycles and secrets that means the BB world won't be static like souls.

Rising_Hei

Dark Souls coop play was so hard to do because they were p2p servers, unlike Demon's Suls, which had a huge online server for everyone like those MMOs uses, that's why it was much easier to play online with a friend on Demon's

RexNovis

Banned
Replayability was pretty off the charts with Demons Souls though. Due to the tendency system many people, like myself, would recreate characters over and over again trying to put together those perfect runs to get into pure white tendency or pure black tendency quickly, or put together perfect runs to unlock the Archdemons that give you items you needed for stuff.

There was a lot going on with Demons, so it was highly replayable. I probably created 25 characters in that game lol

You know people really ragged on the world tendency system but I actually loved it. Made the game world feel much more dynamic and as you state added a lot of replay value. Playing at full black world tendency really felt like a challenge even after memorizing most of the game. I loved the way they included certain npcs and black phantoms only at certain world tendencies. I'm really sad that they cut it out of later games.

Top Bottom